MEADOWLANDS STADIUM PROJECT: The Latest News

BaumerJet

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
True, but it's unfair to say "our facility is 4X as big" and make people panic. It's possible only our premium seats will get psls

No one truly gets this - ALL OF OUR SEATS WILL BE PSL's.

They need to make up $600,000,000.00 in revenue to match the Giants.

Simply put they can either:

1. Charge all of the stadium a $5,000.00 one time PSL fee - that make up the $600 Mil
  2. Tier the PSL based on seating area - All but the upper deck Endzones & the last 2 rows get charged with a PSL - Just like Dallas

The reason I intergrated the amount fourfold was because I was basing the amount on a 19,000 seat PSL. Which the Cards' own website state they have scheduled for the new stadium.

Trust me, I have spoken to other sportswriters in the NY area that have for years been giving me information about PSL's - It's part of the reason I'm glad we did not build the stadium in Manhattan - everyone would have been priced out - everyone...

you must fckn live in jersey... im sure.. or some other place that doesnt even matter...

I mean give me a fckn break... do u smoke crack son? does everyone smoke crack that doesnt think that we are the NY jets and we play in another state??? I mean what the fck? If you live in the 5 boroughs and your a Jet fan..this matters to you.. bergen county is not NY!!! its close but its not!!! Its new jersey!!

We are fckng second class citizens in this stadium... we share it with another team!!! thats doesn Irk you?? Its unbelievable to me..

Matter of fact if you are a jet fan living in florida or texas or oregon.. or anyother place for that matter.. I wouldnt excpect you to understand... until we get our own stadium this team wil always be an after thought in NY compared to the giants..

Met fans?? say you played all your fckning games in yankee stadium... how the fck would you feel? and if you say your fine with that.. then you are not a real fan.. BOTTOM LINE

If you hate it so much go root for another team! Stop your belly aching! It's really old!!

1. Charge all of the stadium a $5,000.00 one time PSL fee - that make up the $600 Mil
  2. Tier the PSL based on seating area - All but the upper deck Endzones & the last 2 rows get charged with a PSL - Just like Dallas

The reason I intergrated the amount fourfold was because I was basing the amount on a 19,000 seat PSL. Which the Cards' own website state they have scheduled for the new stadium.

Trust me, I have spoken to other sportswriters in the NY area that have for years been giving me information about PSL's - It's part of the reason I'm glad we did not build the stadium in Manhattan - everyone would have been priced out - everyone...

Then every seat gets PSLs. I'm not against the PSLs to be honest... You actually get some rights with PSLs you do not have now... Like the ability to sell the tickets wherever you please.

With that said you have absolutely 0 proof every seat will have psls

Baumer it's a shared stadium shouldn't the factor be divided by 2? that brings the range from 7500-10k per 3250-5k per?

everyone assumes the worst but 4 grand-ish per seat (and you know there will be a credit card they will open for you) isn't impossible one time expense for a dedicated person who saves for the expense. or a person with good credit.

Unfortunately Bit, we have to raise $600,000,000.00, just like the Giants.

This way the organization can save the money for the ancillary funds - Ie PILOT reform in lieu of taxes. That's what the naming rights pay for.

And in the end the owners pay NOTHING for a new facility that will turn an even bigger profit - Just ask Daniel Snyder!

AND AGAIN THAT WAS MY WHOLE POINT THIS AFTERNOON....

Lamping changed the direction of how a season ticket holder could pay off the PSL by allowing monthly payments (with interest) over a 4-year period.

With Lamping in place, the hit may take longer to sting so people in select incomes can afford to keep their seats - THAT WAS MY POINT!

I doubt you're 100% priced out... I bet they give you the option to move back giving someone else, willing to pony up, those premium seats.

I have always hoped for that, but the reality for me is if I have to move to other seats, it just wont make sense for me to drive 4+ hours each way to see the jets. I have amazing seats right now and it is worth making the drive. If the only option is sitting in the upper deck, Id rather stay home.

The whole thing sucks and Im not happy, but I understand the direction sports is taking. Im just sad I wont be a part of it at the stadium anymore...

Really??? why dont we just moves to california... ask how amny brooklyn dodger fans still upset about that 60 years ago!!

Our own stadium thats right! 12?? wht the fck are u talkting about?? name me the other teams that are from the same state but share the same stadium???

Bengals browns? NOPE who else?? Steelers eagles?? NOPE... trust me this is a bugger issue then you the few jet fans that u are aware of....

I have a feeling none of you are even from ny or live in ny and thats why its no big deal...

Anyways... there a few of you that have knowledge on this board... some of you must be 12... an dhave no clue.. like the other guy wanting somebody for us to draft in the third round when we dont even have a pick... LOL

I'm 46 & dude - You were 9 when they moved to NJ!

Let it go - You're starting to sound like a GIANTS FAN!

I grew up and lived on Long Island. I went to Jets games when I lived on Long Island. I now live in Massachusetts and still go to 10 home games a year.

I would be better off if we had a stadium in NYC then i could take the train in. I would be better off if the stadium were on Long Island.. then i could visit my family on Sat.

It was a big deal to me when I was 12. Then I learned about economics and the reality of the real world. I also grew up and realized that it really didnt matter where we played our games. It doesnt change the enjoyment I have at the games.

Other than respect, why is it important that we have our own stadium for you as a fan?

Bro u have to shorten that sig up thx

I dont doubt what you have written today or previously. I just think we are holding onto hope that we all wont be anally raped by the jets.

Heck, Ive gone from believing that they would never charge PSL's to believing they would only be for the rich seats to hoping they dont screw everyone.

I have always hoped for that, but the reality for me is if I have to move to other seats, it just wont make sense for me to drive 4+ hours each way to see the jets. I have amazing seats right now and it is worth making the drive. If the only option is sitting in the upper deck, Id rather stay home.

The whole thing sucks and Im not happy, but I understand the direction sports is taking. Im just sad I wont be a part of it at the stadium anymore...

I don't think there is a seat in the building worth driving 4 hours to see the games.

I live 1:20 away now or so and I gave up my seats

For a sane person.... no there isnt.

For a moron like myself.......

i just figured... 1pm game.. Have to leave here 8am... get home like 6:30 pm.. ...

OR

Tee it up around 7:30, get home around 12:15, shower, get some snacks, watch the game, watch the 4pm games..... all in about the same time :)

Unfortunately Bit, we have to raise $600,000,000.00, just like the Giants.

And in the end the owners pay NOTHING for a new facility that will turn an even bigger profit - Just ask Daniel Snyder!

With Lamping in place, the hit may take longer to sting so people in select incomes can afford to keep their seats - THAT WAS MY POINT!

Baum are you saying that from 600M to make 1.2 Bil, exactly ALL of it comes from PSL revenue?

if that's the case than the Cowboys tiered pricing system would be the only fair way, it's not fair to sell 50 yard line PSLs for the same price as endzone PSLs. would you sell a penthouse apartment for the same price as a 1 bedroom in the projects? an average of 5k means alot more for good and alot less for bad seats.

for those fans who have had tickets forever and have to give up the 50 yarders, that sucks, life is not fair. but i'd bet money alot of people who have those really great seats will have no problem paying the PSL fees - whatever they may be. and again credit should be available by 2009, these PSLs are not going to lose value.

i just figured... 1pm game.. Have to leave here 8am... get home like 6:30 pm.. ...

OR

Tee it up around 7:30, get home around 12:15, shower, get some snacks, watch the game, watch the 4pm games..... all in about the same time :)

STOP!!!!!!!!!

DONT MAKE ME NOT WANT TO GO!

The weird thing for me is I dont get Directv because I dont want to spend the $$$ on the sunday ticket, and I go to a bar for the away games.. and I spend over $200 every game (tickets, parking, food, gas, more food, drinking the night before)

While I hate the ideas of PSLs, this never-ending NYC thing is the height of stupidity.Johnson did everything he could, and frankly the deck was stacked against him for the beginning. I am not a green guy, but objectively building 2 brand new stadiums 7 miles apart on either side of the Lincoln Tunnel was an incredibly wasteful idea. Further, I've been going to games since Shea. While the drive home from Jersey sucks, while the game was going on, where the game was played was never a thought.

It was never going to get built in Manhattan because the city is infested with poltical hacks who can bought off by MSG like Shelly Silver, and whiny build nothing anywhere crybaby douchebags. .

the city of NY doesn't deserve the Jets. it had it's chance to make it happen. maybe next lifetime. right now NYC deserves the Knicks and the Rangers because that was a disgraceful show of public service.

Baum are you saying that from 600M to make 1.2 Bil, exactly ALL of it comes from PSL revenue?

if that's the case than the Cowboys tiered pricing system would be the only fair way, it's not fair to sell 50 yard line PSLs for the same price as endzone PSLs. would you sell a penthouse apartment for the same price as a 1 bedroom in the projects? an average of 5k means alot more for good and alot less for bad seats.

for those fans who have had tickets forever and have to give up the 50 yarders, that sucks, life is not fair. but i'd bet money alot of people who have those really great seats will have no problem paying the PSL fees - whatever they may be. and again credit should be available by 2009, these PSLs are not going to lose value.

if anyone wants to buy my seats PSL's just let me know... Id rather have a fellow Jet fan pay me for the PSL than give it up to some corporate guy...

And yes, life isnt fair. and it does suck. And im sure the rich doctors and lawyers who sit around me will fork over the PSL money. But I aint no doc or lawyer. Im just a common man. Boo hoo me...:)

And yes, life isnt fair. and it does suck. And im sure the rich doctors and lawyers who sit around me will fork over the PSL money. But I aint no doc or lawyer. Im just a common man. Boo hoo me...:)

Lil Bit Special my guess is you aren't just getting priced out by doctors and Lawyers. it's chase manhattan and goldman sachs. big NYC corporations buy an awful lot of Jets tickets. I know some wealthy professionals who own seats and they are by and large very good fans. These are the dudes that fly around when the team is good and go on the road. die hards, many on message boards!

Its the corporate seats that get given away 17 times before game time and the next thing you know someone's very drunk unemployed brother is screaming and hollering when the Jets are in the red zone on 3rd down... on offense. A corporation can write the seats off as an expense, but a person, no matter how wealthy, cannot.

Lil Bit Special my guess is you aren't just getting priced out by doctors and Lawyers. it's chase manhattan and goldman sachs. big NYC corporations buy an awful lot of Jets tickets. I know some wealthy professionals who own seats and they are by and large very good fans. These are the dudes that fly around when the team is good and go on the road. die hards, many on message boards!

Its the corporate seats that get given away 17 times before game time and the next thing you know someone's very drunk unemployed brother is screaming and hollering when the Jets are in the red zone on 3rd down... on offense. A corporation can write the seats off as an expense, but a person, no matter how wealthy, cannot.

i know... it just sucks that most of the people around me can afford to pay a PSL while I cant. But thats life. I accept it and will enjoy my last 2 years in Giants Stadium.

Im sure a few years will go by and I will be happy with my decision. But the first couple of years are going to be tough, especially if we are good.

You got exactly what I was trying to say...

I'm not sure how many of you were Jet fans before they left or how many of you are NY'ers but I'm sure that it's a factor in how you feel about the whole NY/NJ debate.

I was born and raised in Brooklyn and am one of the last of a dying breed: A true New Yorker. When you are from NYC, you grow up with a feeling that just about the best thing to be in the known universe is to be a NEW YORKER and of course, of all NY'ers there is nothing better than being from Brooklyn and of all Brooklynites, nothing better than being from Bensonhurst (and of course it goes on down to street and avenue, etc...) So, as it follows you identify with your teams in the same way, they become part of your identity, part of the patchwork of a whole city's identity. And then one man decides that he will change that because it's financially beneficial to him.

I remember when Mr. Hess yanked them away from NYC, away from Shea Stadium and into a place that was in another STATE (forgive me if I'm wrong, but I do believe that Irving is still in Dallas, Orchard Park is in New York etc...) I had only been watching football for two years but had already become attached to the idea that my football team - the NY Jets played in New York and then Mr. Hess went and took something that was pure something purely mine (and every other Jet fan's - make no mistake about this - the fans are the owners of the teams -not the owners- the fans own their team in ways that the owners will never approach because we do not make dime one - all we give a team is our support and our imaginations - our hearts, we have nothing to gain except pride and that pride comes strictly from our identification with our team - it becomes part of who we ARE)

Mr. Hess took that and CHANGED it, the problem is that I became a Jet fan because they were the NEW YORK Jets (not because I was in LOVE with the color green or that Richard Todd was such an amazing quarterback) So when Mr. Hess took the team and had them play in a place named after another FOOTBALL team, I felt as if we didn't matter, that they weren't really the NEW YORK Jets, because obviously, we didn't matter, it was his toy and he could do with it as he pleased, water it down for financial gain, have them change the color of some stadium in some other STATE every other weekend for a few months and how we felt about it didn't matter one bit - it's just a business, so use your imaginations and pretend that East Rutherford is in Flushing or in Bensonhurst or any of the other hundred city neighborhoods we sold the idea of this team in the first place. Because, you see... it's not yours. We only let you borrow it for three hours every Sunday.

I wasn't there when O'Malley took the Dodgers out of Brooklyn or when Modell moved the Browns or when Irsay moved the Colts or Frontiere.... but I do know that we have so few things these days to believe in and identify with in this watered down society of ours that every time something that becomes part of you because you BOUGHT into it is yanked away from you, that little kid that wants to believe that he actually bleeds Dodger Blue or Jet Green gets a little older and a little more cynical.

For those of you that think that it's okay for the New York Jets to play in New JERSEY, I either assume you are from someplace other than New York or that you are the type of person that also thinks it's okay to be a Yankee AND a Met fan and that's your prerogative, but is the PSL really worth it? I have to watch the Mets in a place not named after Jackie Robinson or Bob Murphy or anything that really matters, I get to visit CITIfield! I would pay ten dollars more for my ticket as long as I got to keep what was really important...

I'm not sure how many of you were Jet fans before they left or how many of you are NY'ers but I'm sure that it's a factor in how you feel about the whole NY/NJ debate.

I was born and raised in Brooklyn and am one of the last of a dying breed: A true New Yorker. When you are from NYC, you grow up with a feeling that just about the best thing to be in the known universe is to be a NEW YORKER and of course, of all NY'ers there is nothing better than being from Brooklyn and of all Brooklynites, nothing better than being from Bensonhurst (and of course it goes on down to street and avenue, etc...) So, as it follows you identify with your teams in the same way, they become part of your identity, part of the patchwork of a whole city's identity. And then one man decides that he will change that because it's financially beneficial to him.

I remember when Mr. Hess yanked them away from NYC, away from Shea Stadium and into a place that was in another STATE (forgive me if I'm wrong, but I do believe that Irving is still in Dallas, Orchard Park is in New York etc...) I had only been watching football for two years but had already become attached to the idea that my football team - the NY Jets played in New York and then Mr. Hess went and took something that was pure something purely mine (and every other Jet fan's - make no mistake about this - the fans are the owners of the teams -not the owners- the fans own their team in ways that the owners will never approach because we do not make dime one - all we give a team is our support and our imaginations - our hearts, we have nothing to gain except pride and that pride comes strictly from our identification with our team - it becomes part of who we ARE)

Mr. Hess took that and CHANGED it, the problem is that I became a Jet fan because they were the NEW YORK Jets (not because I was in LOVE with the color green or that Richard Todd was such an amazing quarterback) So when Mr. Hess took the team and had them play in a place named after another FOOTBALL team, I felt as if we didn't matter, that they weren't really the NEW YORK Jets, because obviously, we didn't matter, it was his toy and he could do with it as he pleased, water it down for financial gain, have them change the color of some stadium in some other STATE every other weekend for a few months and how we felt about it didn't matter one bit - it's just a business, so use your imaginations and pretend that East Rutherford is in Flushing or in Bensonhurst or any of the other hundred city neighborhoods we sold the idea of this team in the first place. Because, you see... it's not yours. We only let you borrow it for three hours every Sunday.

I wasn't there when O'Malley took the Dodgers out of Brooklyn or when Modell moved the Browns or when Irsay moved the Colts or Frontiere.... but I do know that we have so few things these days to believe in and identify with in this watered down society of ours that every time something that becomes part of you because you BOUGHT into it is yanked away from you, that little kid that wants to believe that he actually bleeds Dodger Blue or Jet Green gets a little older and a little more cynical.

For those of you that think that it's okay for the New York Jets to play in New JERSEY, I either assume you are from someplace other than New York or that you are the type of person that also thinks it's okay to be a Yankee AND a Met fan and that's your prerogative, but is the PSL really worth it? I have to watch the Mets in a place not named after Jackie Robinson or Bob Murphy or anything that really matters, I get to visit CITIfield! I would pay ten dollars more for my ticket as long as I got to keep what was really important...

I like your post and your passion. But I am from Long Island. Grew up there. Even though I have lived in Mass. for 5+ years I still consider myself a New Yorker and New York as my home. I have a lot of pride in NY and where I am from. And I dont have a problem with the Jets playing in NJ and being called the NY Jets.

Sports is a business. And sports teams will do whatever they can to get you to part with your money under the guise of them being your team. They dont care about you. They never have. Its time we sports fans wake up from this fantasy about sports and realize what they are really about. Its not about entertaining you. Its about making money.

I dont think you can be a Mets and Yankees fan, but as a Mets fan, I dont hate the Yankees. I wish them well.

And No. I am against a PSL. Totally and completely. I have no problem with the stadium we play in now (other than the speakers in my section dont work.) But I understand the direction the sports industry is taking. And whether I like it or not, someone will be there to buy my seats come 2010.

Maybe Im jaded. Maybe a little pessimistic. Maybe I dont buy into the magic and mystique of sports anymore.

Believe what you want to believe. As Ive stated previously, i would rather this team play in Manhattan so I can take the train or on LI so I can visit family. But they dont play there. They play in Jersey. And I cant change that. So either I accept it or I dont. I do accept it. I go to the games. I cheer on my team. I drive home. Where the games are played dont matter to me. I dont get pride of being a New Yorker from my sports teams. I get that because I was a New Yorker. I am a proud Jets fan wherever they play in the New York area.

Oh... Great first post. Please continue contributing. We fans may disagree about things, but we are still all Jets fans (except for the trolls...)

The NE pats play where? I looked for the city of New England, but Miss South Carolina has not sent my map yet. And Tampa Bay is not a city. Don't get me started on the Golden State Warriors. What if you had the Empire State Jets or the Sunshine State jaguars?

The NE pats play where? I looked for the city of New England, but Miss South Carolina has not sent my map yet. And Tampa Bay is not a city. Don't get me started on the Golden State Warriors. What if you had the Empire State Jets or the Sunshine State jaguars?

You know, you're right. I could also have genital warts, I never thought of it that way, I feel so much better now.

We play in a SUBURB OF NYC. THe Redskins play in a different state too.. who cares...

"Our own stadium..." what are you 12? How many teams actually OWN their own stadium? It's a lot less than you think.

I think he means Own stadium as compared to "shared" stadium. All this talk about a new NJ stadium is stupid. I remember Woody saying , when he bought the team, that the Jets deserved their own stadium and he going to make sure we get it. He promised it. I'm sure he's working on a new stadium in either Manhatten or Queens as we speak. After all he promised. :bag:

How is that PSLs will not lose value? If the Jets follow the direction of others teams, there will be a substantial cost to transfer your seat to another person. So not only would you have to ask for the money you already paid for the PSL, you would need to get the transaction fee as well. It is a way teams are going to avoid fans making money off of them.

Lil Bit Special my guess is you aren't just getting priced out by doctors and Lawyers. it's chase manhattan and goldman sachs. big NYC corporations buy an awful lot of Jets tickets.

Good news, Bear Stearns just found out that they can't afford the PSL's so there will be more tickets available.

Good news, Bear Stearns just found out that they can't afford the PSL's so there will be more tickets available.

We are going to have to ask the federal gov't for a baliout to pay for tickets-they did it for Bear Stearns why not us.

A corporation can write the seats off as an expense, but a person, no matter how wealthy, cannot.

That is not true. I just double checked. If you were the Gov of NY you could bring a hooker and write it off as a business expense.

If I find the exact form you would have to fill out I will post it here. There is a similar clause for the Gov of NJ but that involves bringing a man and doing some things I am not comfortable posting.

Archived