Dangelo Hall heading to Oakland for a 2nd rounder....

NOExcusesNYJ

He's incredibly overated and isn't anywhere near the level of Nnamdi opposite him. However he is worth a 2nd, as much he gets beat, he at least makes plays. Something Oakland could use.

I think the Raiders will be a very underated team next year, I wouldn't be surprised if they shock a lot of teams.

That 2nd rnd pick could very well wind up being the Falcons QB of the future. Flacco maybe.

He's incredibly overated and isn't anywhere near the level of Nnamdi opposite him. However he is worth a 2nd, as much he gets beat, he at least makes plays. Something Oakland could use.

I think the Raiders will be a very underated team next year, I wouldn't be surprised if they shock a lot of teams.

That 2nd rnd pick could very well wind up being the Falcons QB of the future. Flacco maybe.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. I was really hoping the jets could get falco. Once I read that Stewart was injured I was hoping he might fall to us in the second.

I disagree. Oakland still lacks a front 7 on defense and an OL, QB, and WR on offense.

I think CB's are a bit of an overrated position, because without a pass rush, they'll give up plays no matter how good they are, and with a pass rush, well, how great do you need to be to cover a guy for 2 or 3 seconds?

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. I was really hoping the jets could get falco. Once I read that Stewart was injured I was hoping he might fall to us in the second.

interesting point considering that rumors have been circulatiing that ATL WILL NOT take a qbb in round 1. this gives them a lot of flexability IMO

Flacco will go in the first. It will be the shocker of the day.

The raiders still have no QB. Russell is as big a ? as Clemens

Who is this falco guy? Why do we want a Replacement player?

I think you mean Flacco!

It's not a surprising move considering al davis' manlove for man corners. With this though, kiffin should remove and idea of running a tampa two and run press cover with both CBs, let wilson stack the box and have huff play centerfield. I find it a bit surprising though that they get the best CB tandem in the league, but their divsion runs underneath routes and runs the ball more than half the time.

I think ellis could very well end up being the pick; he would be the perfect NT to play opposite of tommy kelly who would be playing UT. They could however go mcfadden if they think that sands can be the NT next to kelly, but either way they need to shower up their run D or teams will just run it down their throats.

Considering they only have 1 pick in the first 3 rounds they really need to utlize the first pick well; better options for them would be marcus harrison or an ahytba rubin to play their NT, but knowing al davis he won't be trading down.

Flacco will go in the first. It will be the shocker of the day.

The raiders still have no QB. Russell is as big a ? as Clemens

I think Russell will be a good one TBH, his physical talent is off the charts.

He's just as unproven, yes. But he was a 1st overall pick for a reason. KC was a 2nd rounder for a reason.

I disagree. Oakland still lacks a front 7 on defense and an OL, QB, and WR on offense.

I think CB's are a bit of an overrated position, because without a pass rush, they'll give up plays no matter how good they are, and with a pass rush, well, how great do you need to be to cover a guy for 2 or 3 seconds?

that's why they'll draft Dorsey, Ellis, or Gholston

I think Russell will be a good one TBH, his physical talent is off the charts.

He's just as unproven, yes. But he was a 1st overall pick for a reason. KC was a 2nd rounder for a reason.

I have to disagree with this. Everyone loved this guy because he's mobile and can throw 70 yards or whatever it was. That's bull****, QB's are born winners. I believe Kyle Boller threw 60 yards on his knees and they thought he was the next Joe Montana. Bull****!

I have to disagree with this. Everyone loved this guy because he's mobile and can throw 70 yards or whatever it was. That's bull****, QB's are born winners. I believe Kyle Boller threw 60 yards on his knees and they thought he was the next Joe Montana. Bull****!

No one ever, ever thought Boller was Montana.

I'm just saying deserves a slight bit more credibility than KC because he was projected to be a much better prospect. I'm not syaing it will work out that way, He could be a huge bust and KC still could be a huge success.

Russell is a physical freak, he has that much going for him. He was also a brilliant college QB and won games for LSU (Fits the 'born winner' bill you were talking of). I know he's unproven, so is KC but Russell was good enough to be a 1st overall pick coming out. Clemens didn't make the 1st round. That basically why I give Russell an advantage, I loved coming out of college.

I'm definately leaning away from oakland drafting gholston after this move. They now have the ability to play both their CBs in man press and let huff roam in centerfield while wilson would be playing close to the LOS. They still however need someone to play NT next to their UT kelly. I think they lean away from gholston, because even with him teams will be able to pound it down their throat, they need a NT like ellis to stop the run. Unless of course they have a lot of faith in sands.

It's going to be dorsey, ellis or mcfadden. If it's mcfadden than that means they feel terdell sands can play NT effectively enough to stop the run, which i personally don't buy. Al davis seems to actually have a plan and he may go for the smart move and pick ellis or dorsey; although i am skeptical of dorseys ability to play the NT role in their defense, he would however be a perfect UT....they could run a two UT setup and rotate sands inside and push kelly out on running downs.

I'm definately leaning away from oakland drafting gholston after this move. They now have the ability to play both their CBs in man press and let huff roam in centerfield while wilson would be playing close to the LOS. They still however need someone to play NT next to their UT kelly. I think they lean away from gholston, because even with him teams will be able to pound it down their throat, they need a NT like ellis to stop the run. Unless of course they have a lot of faith in sands.

It's going to be dorsey, ellis or mcfadden. If it's mcfadden than that means they feel terdell sands can play NT effectively enough to stop the run, which i personally don't buy. Al davis seems to actually have a plan and he may go for the smart move and pick ellis or dorsey; although i am skeptical of dorseys ability to play the NT role in their defense, he would however be a perfect UT....they could run a two UT setup and rotate sands inside and push kelly out on running downs.

If they get Dorsey or Ellis, that will be one helluva tough defence next season. Absolutely no major weaknesses at all.

No one ever, ever thought Boller was Montana.

I'm just saying deserves a slight bit more credibility than KC because he was projected to be a much better prospect. I'm not syaing it will work out that way, He could be a huge bust and KC still could be a huge success.

Russell is a physical freak, he has that much going for him. He was also a brilliant college QB and won games for LSU (Fits the 'born winner' bill you were talking of). I know he's unproven, so is KC but Russell was good enough to be a 1st overall pick coming out. Clemens didn't make the 1st round. That basically why I give Russell an advantage, I loved coming out of college.

Ed Blanton is a physical freak, where does he play ? ;)

Ed Blanton is a physical freak, where does he play ? ;)

LOL, you know what I mean.

I liked Russell coming out of college just like you like DMC, I always felt he'd be a great NFL QB and have no reason to think he won't be. I was never so onfident in KC TBH.

LOL, you know what I mean.

I liked Russell coming out of college just like you like DMC, I always felt he'd be a great NFL QB and have no reason to think he won't be. I was never so onfident in KC TBH.

Never confident ? Your were one of those guys who wanted Clemens to get in their and show everyone that he is our franchise QB, just like me. I didn't see anything in the way he played tho. I want to say something that goes with your Russell statement but I don't want start trouble, not with you but people might think something that's totally not true.

Never confident ? Your were one of those guys who wanted Clemens to get in their and show everyone that he is our franchise QB, just like me. I didn't see anything in the way he played tho. I want to say something that goes with your Russell statement but I don't want start trouble, not with you but people might think something that's totally not true.

I only wanted that after the season was dead. Before that I was happy with Chad in there.

I'm just saying I always liked Russell, for example you could have this arguement in a few years about McFadden because you obviously like him coming out of college too.

You see what I mean?

Wow, I would have given the Falcons a #2 any day of the week for Dangelo Hall!

Draft Gholston and trade our #2 for Hall

Hall, Elam, Rhodes, Revis

Gholston-Barton-Harris-Pace

Coleman, Jenkins, Ellis

Wow.

I would have also sent them DRob

They would probably call it off when they hear DRob's involved.;-)

We should have given up a 2nd and Barrett for him or something... what a steal

Will see how much of a steal it is when they have to pay him, you don't think a lot of teams would like to have D.Hall? He just wants ridiculous money. They could take the franchise tag off Nnamdi Asomugha now and let him be a free agent, but I don't know how realistic us having a chance at signing him at this point in free agency would be.

Will see how much of a steal it is when they have to pay him, you don't think a lot of teams would like to have D.Hall? He just wants ridiculous money. They could take the franchise tag off Nnamdi Asomugha now and let him be a free agent, but I don't know how realistic us having a chance at signing him at this point in free agency would be.

They would be stupid to do that. Asomugha is a much, much better CB than Hall. Much better.

They would be stupid to do that. Asomugha is a much, much better CB than Hall. Much better.

No **** but if they sign hall to a a mega contract, they are going to have to do the same for Asomugha to keep him long term. He's already set to make about 10 million this year if he stays franchised and that's before you factor in the what Halls new contract is going to add to the figure. They also have to pay the #3 pick still, with what they have already given out in contracts this year I don't know how realistic keeping him is going to be. If not this year, then next year.

Archived