duke outplayed yesterday

afosomf

i am not a dook fan,, but ncaa's about next game,,not game u almost lost,,virtually all teams that go far have that one game where thye should have lost to a crappy team..

K will probably use last nite to his advantage in motivating,,i fully expect dook to lose to ucla in elite 8

heh einstein they were in top 5 for most of the year

do the math ....yo

They're still over-rated. Duke is in the Top 5 and given what is thought to be an easier bracket because the selectors want to see Duke win because they know Duke are the Yankees of MLB, the Patriots of the NFL, etc. Duke blows, they're over-rated, and it wouldn't surprise me to see them lose to WVU on Saturday.

GO WVU!

They're still over-rated. Duke is in the Top 5 and given what is thought to be an easier bracket because the selectors want to see Duke win because they know Duke are the Yankees of MLB, the Patriots of the NFL, etc. Duke blows, they're over-rated, and it wouldn't surprise me to see them lose to WVU on Saturday.

GO WVU!

judging from your picks, your opinion doesn't carry much weight

judging from your picks, your opinion doesn't carry much weight

Why? Because I don't pick 1-8 seeds and call myself a good picker? Anyone can f'ing do that. Anyone. I like to pick upsets. So far, I havn't done well. I'm 13-10. But you know what, its Day 2 of the tournament. Lets see what everything shapes out to be in terms of Sweet 16, Elite 8, Final Four and Championship Game / Champion.

We shall see, thats all I've got to say. But hey, continue to pound your chest because you're selecting the 1-8 seeds and not taking any risks. You go! Hey, maybe a 9 seed for once. Wait though, that might be pushing it. May be too risky for some.

Why? Because I don't pick 1-8 seeds and call myself a good picker? Anyone can f'ing do that. Anyone. I like to pick upsets. So far, I havn't done well. I'm 13-10. But you know what, its Day 2 of the tournament. Lets see what everything shapes out to be in terms of Sweet 16, Elite 8, Final Four and Championship Game / Champion.

We shall see, thats all I've got to say. But hey, continue to pound your chest because you're selecting the 1-8 seeds and not taking any risks. You go! Hey, maybe a 9 seed for once. Wait though, that might be pushing it. May be too risky for some.

look at my bracket skippy b4 you mouth off;)

duke is VERY young this year,,youngest in ACC,,they flat oiut ran out of gas,,then throw in the flu bug tha thit them 2 days before tourney,,i am not a dook fan, but they will be a force next year...

Actually Wake Forest is younger. Duke is young, but have top elite recruits, so it's not like they dont or haven't had much to work with.

Duke won't be a force next year if nobody at UNC decides to leave, as UNCs only senior, Surry Wood, doesn't ever see the court.

Coach K doesn't have the horses he had a few years ago. The days of Maggette/Brand Hill/Laetner are long gone.

K doesn't recruit as well as he used to and that's a big factor why duke is just an average team now. It's been 6 years since they had a big time class.

duke is VERY young this year,,youngest in ACC,,they flat oiut ran out of gas,,then throw in the flu bug tha thit them 2 days before tourney,,i am not a dook fan, but they will be a force next year...

We hear the run out of gas excuse every year and they are fairly young but they weren't all freshman. Look across CB and most teams are young w/ so mnay players leaving early. 2 years ago duke was senior loaded w/ 2 senior AA's and still couldn't make it past the Sweet 16.

When you build your team around bums like Greg Paulus and Jon Scheyer, what do you expect?

K doesnt recruit horses anymore- he's too scared of these guys jumping to the NBA. His own arrogance has been his been Duke's downfall.

When you build your team around bums like Greg Paulus and Jon Scheyer, what do you expect?

K doesnt recruit horses anymore- he's too scared of these guys jumping to the NBA. His own arrogance has been his been Duke's downfall.

Greg Paulus hits all the big 3's, and Scheyer is as tough as they come.

There's not a bum on Duke's roster.

The DUKE dynasty is pretty much OVER!

Hopefully I can say that for Roy Willams' team, he's starting to be the BB of the NCAA.

It ended about 15 years ago, people do not realize that since 1995(14 seasons) duke has advanced beyond the Sweet 16 just FOUR times and only been to 3 Final Four's. They are still a great program but they are down on the lost of top programs instead of being near the top like they were from the mid 80s to the mid 90s.

It ended about 15 years ago, people do not realize that since 1995(14 seasons) duke has advanced beyond the Sweet 16 just FOUR times and only been to 3 Final Four's. They are still a great program but they are down on the lost of top programs instead of being near the top like they were from the mid 80s to the mid 90s.

three point shooters can't be on fire enough games in a row to win a title. no inside presence and no rebounds = early exit.

elton brand was a stud, left early

boozer left after junior year

Mcroberts should have deen on this team, he left way too early

Now i understand that Nelson was playing sick

No excuses though

elton brand was a stud, left early

boozer left after junior year

Mcroberts should have deen on this team, he left way too early

Now i understand that Nelson was playing sick

No excuses though

Please don't complain about guys leaving early. it didn't happen at duke until 1999, it happened at Carolina in the 70s and the last 2 guys to leave early were pushed out by K(Randolph and McRoberts). Nobody has lost more early entrants than the Heels.

No excuses? there are always excuses, when we beat you on Sr. Night it's the "raw emotion" excuse, that was also the excuse losing to VCU, this year the sickness. Has duke been sick for weeks b/c they were playing poorly for 3-4 weeks.

Duke isnt that good. Period.

Their perimeter defense was pathetic. Paulus and Scheyer?? lol-these guys couldnt guard my grandma.

K needs to get off his high horse and realize recruting athletes isnt a bad thing. You dont score extra points winning with slow white guys.

Their perimeter defense was pathetic. Paulus and Scheyer?? lol-these guys couldnt guard my grandma.

K needs to get off his high horse and realize recruting athletes isnt a bad thing. You dont score extra points winning with slow white guys.

255477featureupdatefr7.gif

Im not a Duke fan, but i bet you both of those guys can shoot better than you.

Archived