The Official Stanley Cup Playoffs Thread

Mavrik

• Replies 864
  • Created
  • Last Reply
****ing refs ****ed us again there. Fleury NEVER had control of that puck. That was a piss poor call. I hate these f'ing refs. The Rangers are going to be down two games to none in large part because of the refs. Thank you Dan.

That was a tough break, but those things happen.

That was funny at the very end of the game with Avery being sandwiched in between Laraque and Gill in the middle of that fight. He might have nightmares about that tonight.

That was a tough break, but those things happen.

That was funny at the very end of the game with Avery being sandwiched in between Laraque and Gill in the middle of that fight. He might have nightmares about that tonight.

It was funny but Avery did draw the penalty to give the team a chance.

I stand corrected about MAFleury. Ever since the 3rd period of Game 1 the guy has been a stone wall.

****ing refs ****ed us again there. Fleury NEVER had control of that puck. That was a piss poor call. I hate these f'ing refs. The Rangers are going to be down two games to none in large part because of the refs. Thank you Dan.

In large part to the refs? The refs blew a 3 goal lead? So now the referee doing the job as it states in the rule book is screwing the Rangers.

Hey, I mean, the NHL already changed one rule this postseason because of the Rangers, why not another one?

I do applaud you coming around to Flower, if he can do this consistently, he and Henrik will have many future battles for a long time.

Not just the refs, but also the Rangers continues **** play on the Penalty kill and their youngsters just not clearing the puck on defense. The defense has been outplayed as Pittsburgh is a lot better than most previously thought. I had them beating Ottawa, but I thought we could take him. Game 3 is a must win now.

Think the Rangers played poorly in the defensive zone and were bailed out by Lundqvist. Still, the refs took away a goal (the whistel blew, no review; can anyone explain that?)and called a whole new set of BS penalties, one resulting in a PP goal, on anyone breathing on Crosby. MSG reported Jagr even spoke to Crosby during the game and told him to stop diving.

Still, they were lucky not be be behind 3 or 4 goals. The NHL clealry believes having Crosby and the Pens going forward so they can attract their massvie 10-person nation wide following to NBC telecasts is a better marketing plan than just giving the Rangers a fighting chance. This was demoralizing, worse than blowing a 3 goal lead.I don't know how Renney doesn't blow up. This was a joke. Again, the Rangers lack of defense didn't help, but what's the point if you don't get a fair shake?

Think the Rangers played poorly in the defensive zone and were bailed out by Lundqvist. Still, the refs took away a goal (the whistel blew, no review; can anyone explain that?)and called a whole new set of BS penalties, one resulting in a PP goal, on anyone breathing on Crosby. MSG reported Jagr even spoke to Crosby during the game and told him to stop diving.

Still, they were lucky not be be behind 3 or 4 goals. The NHL clealry believes having Crosby and the Pens going forward so they can attract their massvie 10-person nation wide following to NBC telecasts is a better marketing plan than just giving the Rangers a fighting chance. This was demoralizing, worse than blowing a 3 goal lead.I don't know how Renney doesn't blow up. This was a joke. Again, the Rangers lack of defense didn't help, but what's the point if you don't get a fair shake?

Ref loses sight of puck, blows whistle. Done and done. No review necessary. It's the rules. Even your coach said so.

Crosby doesn't dive. Straka interfered with him. If you took your Rangers colored glasses off for a few seconds you would realize it was a penalty. Even if it isn't interference it should have been a tleast elbowing. Watch the replay. If Straka doesn't touch him the Pens go on a break.

Oh, and the Pens are not the Devils. You mess with our goalie, Sean Avery and a penance will be paid.

I love your conspiracy theories, even if it does come across as sour grapes.

Ref loses sight of puck, blows whistle. Done and done. No review necessary. It's the rules. Even your coach said so.

Crosby doesn't dive. Straka interfered with him. If you took your Rangers colored glasses off for a few seconds you would realize it was a penalty. Even if it isn't interference it should have been a tleast elbowing. Watch the replay. If Straka doesn't touch him the Pens go on a break.

Oh, and the Pens are not the Devils. You mess with our goalie, Sean Avery and a penance will be paid.

Sean Avery is a f*ggot. I can't wait to see him playing golf in a couple weeks and hopefully by then all these trendy Rangers fans can finally shut their big, fat f_ckin mouths that were so quiet from 1998 up until this year.

Go Penguins.

Definitely sour grapes. Crosby got held which resulted in him on one skate and then he got pushed down, it wasn't diving. Jagr and the rest of the Rangers riding him for it is just them trying to get into his head. It didn't work.

I can't really say if it was on Friday cause the replay isn't that good, but it was definitely a penalty, they would have had the 3 on 2 if he hadn't interfered with Sid. That goal wasn't on the refs it was on the Rangers' pk.

Could PeterNorth act more like a child?

Hey, this year, you know the year that actually matters, the Devils were our bitches. Root for the Penguins all you want, bandwagon. ;)

And comeon guys, Crosby does dive / falls on light hits. The calls were somewhat ridiculous, but it doesn't excuse the poor defensvie player the Rangers showed today.

Hey, this year, you know the year that actually matters, the Devils were our bitches. Root for the Penguins all you want, bandwagon. ;)

Oh and the previous ten years didn't matter when the Rangers were the joke of the NHL, hockey's version of the Knicks? How convenient 124.

The Devils have 3 cups from the past 13 years. Your team has 1 cup since the damn Truman administration.

I'm not a bandwagon jumper, still a Devils fan, but I'm going to root for the team that plays real hockey and not cheap, bush leage Sean Avery crap.

Go Penguins.

Blah blah. You're a freakin tape recorder and your shtick is old. Show me a time when the Rangers havn't sold out. The Rangers have far better fans than your pathetic excuse for a franchise that as toon88 has said, will be out of New Jersey in 5-10 years. Enjoy it while you can.

Spoken like a true Yankee fan who can't grasp the fact that what you did in 1998 doesn't mean jack ****. How is the team doing now? That is all that matters, the here an now. Championships from years mean nothing.

You're the same one who will bash a Patriot or Patriot fan, but when it helps your cause with the Yankees or Devils, **** we can talk about 1927 if we'd like cause that team was AWESOME! Yeah! **** who cares if we havn't won **** in nearly 10 years, we're the Yankees!

And yes PN, I am a Yankee fan.

Blah blah. You're a freakin tape recorder and your shtick is old. Show me a time when the Rangers havn't sold out. The Rangers have far better fans than your pathetic excuse for a franchise that as toon88 has said, will be out of New Jersey in 5-10 years. Enjoy it while you can.

Spoken like a true Yankee fan who can't grasp the fact that what you did in 1998 doesn't mean jack ****. How is the team doing now? That is all that matters, the here an now. Championships from years mean nothing.

You're the same one who will bash a Patriot or Patriot fan, but when it helps your cause with the Yankees or Devils, **** we can talk about 1927 if we'd like cause that team was AWESOME! Yeah! **** who cares if we havn't won **** in nearly 10 years, we're the Yankees!

And yes PN, I am a Yankee fan.

The Rangers play in MSG in downtown Manhattan, ofcourse they're going to sell out. The Knicks still sell out a lot of their games. Corporate people with season tickets trying to woo clients, Manhattan yuppies with tons of cash to burn, celebrities competing for jumbo-tron shots. There are some actual hockey fans at Rangers games in the blue heaven seats but mostly it's casual fans.

As for the rest of your rant it's pretty incoherent. I guess you're starting to devolve into sounding like one of these lame Yankee or Devil-haters who wants to pretend like the past never happened. You beat the Devils in a playoff series and now you're acting like you just won a Stanley Cup. If that's not an inferiority complex I don't know what is.

And besides, if you want to talk about the here and the now, the Penguins are kicking your team's ass good.

Oh and the previous ten years didn't matter when the Rangers were the joke of the NHL, hockey's version of the Knicks? How convenient 124.

The Devils have 3 cups from the past 13 years. Your team has 1 cup since the damn Truman administration.

I'm not a bandwagon jumper, still a Devils fan, but I'm going to root for the team that plays real hockey and not cheap, bush leage Sean Avery crap.

Go Penguins.

What he said. The Strangers sold what little class or respect they had as a franchise and all it got them is to the 2nd round where they are getting raped. Enjoy the links. The whole league is enjoying watching you getting embarrassed.

I got to agree with 124 on this. The Pens fans suck. Why even compare the Rangers fans to the Pens fans. Back when the Pens were bad for the longest time, nobody cared for hockey in Pittsburgh. As soon as Cindy was drafted, everyone got excited about them, and said they would be good. Pretty much, in my opinion the Pittsburgh Penguins are exactly like the Cleveland Cavs. Fans showed up when the next great one showed up. The Pens franchise as a whole is a joke.

Your strangers homerism is worse.

LOL. How am I a homer? You and PN are coming on here and doing nothing but bitching about Rangers fans that beat you up in middle school or something.

The rest of us are actually trying to talk about hockey so your trolling is just annoying.

Seriously. Your pathetic Devils who were bitch slapped and owned by the Rangers all season long were eliminated by the Rangers so its time for you to leave and go praise Queen Marty somewhere else. This is a PLAYOFFS thread, something your team is currently NOT involved in.

Penguins looked faster yesterday and more aggressive. It was a great game but the Penguins won and did enough to win.

I think the Rangers know that to have any shot they have to get the next 2 at home. Going back to Pittsburgh down 3-1 is just asking for trouble.

The Rangers have to come out firing out Tuesday night and get some of the momentum back that they had in game 1. They looked tentative and times trying to make the perfect pass and trying for the perfect setup. Maybe blowing that 3-0 lead in game is playing is still in the back of their minds.

I beg to differ. Why does everyone in the league except Penguins fans think Crosby is a diver?

QKc_OOFQYsg

zLx7NN3WFK0

Sean Avery is a f*ggot. I can't wait to see him playing golf in a couple weeks and hopefully by then all these trendy Rangers fans can finally shut their big, fat f_ckin mouths that were so quiet from 1998 up until this year.

Go Penguins.

It's funny how the only ones still talking about the Devil's loss are you and madmike. Why can't you accept the fact that we were the better team than you this year? There is no need for you to attack everything related to the Rangers in order to make yourself feel better.

Stop crying. It's pathetic.

I beg to differ. Why does everyone in the league except Penguins fans think Crosby is a diver?

QKc_OOFQYsg

zLx7NN3WFK0

That first one against the Flyers is obviously a trip.

The first replay on the second one looks like Crosby just couldn't turn the corner and fell. Is it his fault the refs called a penalty?

And the second replay is obviously intereference. Straka takes his hand off the stick and uses it against Crosby. Crosby doesn't even fall but it's a dive? Come on.

Try to use a lame excuse because your team blew a three goal lead and then got back to their style of hockey in game 2 and still got beat. If it wasn't for Lundquist, game 2 would have been a blow out.

The first replay on the second one looks like Crosby just couldn't turn the corner and fell. Is it his fault the refs called a penalty?

And the second replay is obviously intereference. Straka takes his hand off the stick and uses it against Crosby. Crosby doesn't even fall but it's a dive? Come on.

Try to use a lame excuse because your team blew a three goal lead and then got back to their style of hockey in game 2 and still got beat. If it wasn't for Lundquist, game 2 would have been a blow out.

In the first one Crosby started falling before the stick even touched him. I'm not trying to make any excuses, we were outplayed in Game 2 and made way too many stupid mistakes late in Game 1. I was just responding to the fact that you said that Crosby doesn't dive. Which, in many people's opinions, is ridiculous. I wasn't necessarily talking about the games at all with those videos--that's why one of them is old.

The thing about the second video, first penalty was, even when he's not trying to dive the refs are still giving him the calls. That wouldn't have anything to do with Crosby, but I hope that we can agree that it's BS.

I guess if Crosby is about to blow by you for a 3 on 2, it should be legal to interfere with him because its not fair, lol.

Seriously. Your pathetic Devils who were bitch slapped and owned by the Rangers all season long were eliminated by the Rangers so its time for you to leave and go praise Queen Marty somewhere else. This is a PLAYOFFS thread, something your team is currently NOT involved in.

so when the Pens beat the Rangers, no Ranger fan is allowed to post anymore? :wtf:silly joe, just silly.

Must win game tonight for the Rangers boys. If Queen Hendrik and the Blueshirts can't get it done tonight, there's no way they're coming back from 3-0 down. Crosby and Co. will put it away if it does.

I expect to see some great hockey tonight.

Rangers v. Pens and then hoping the Wings go up 3-0 tonight at the Pepsi Center.

Rangers need to take Game 3 or it's over.

We need to take both Game 3 and 4 or else it's over. There is no way the Rangers can go back to Pittsburgh down 3 games to 1 and expect to win three straight, two of which in Pittsburgh. Not gonna happen. Both tonight and Thursday are must wins.

LETS GO RANGERS!

We need to take both Game 3 and 4 or else it's over. There is no way the Rangers can go back to Pittsburgh down 3 games to 1 and expect to win three straight, two of which in Pittsburgh. Not gonna happen. Both tonight and Thursday are must wins.

LETS GO RANGERS!

Yes the need to turn this series around tonight. The Garden will be roaring to spur them on. They must win today and Thursday.

LETS GO RANGERS!

The Rangers are unbeaten this year against the Penguins at the Garden.

They HAVE to have BOTH games and get back to Pittsburgh even for game 5.

The Garden is going to be amped tonight no doubt.

Archived