The Official Stanley Cup Playoffs Thread

Mavrik

So wait PeterNorth, the Devils own the Rangers because the Rangers are about to win four out of five series from the Devils in their history of postseason matchups?

Sorry, but just because you swept us two years ago doesn't make this four games to one win any less sweeter. So you won one lucky game on a play where your "All-Star" shot the puck off of our players skate into the net. Bravo, that took some skill. :lol:

Enjoy Golfing.

FOUUUUUURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!

• Replies 864
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We are 4 hours away from the Bruins being eliminated.

NESN (the Sox & Bruins broadcaster) has decided to show the Sox game in HD and has relegated the Bruins to some channel on Comcast in SD.

The Bruins have been close in every game-Montreal has too much offensive weapons to match for them.

The Bruins have been close in every game-Montreal has too much offensive weapons to match for them.

Not to mention the fact that the Canadiens rival European soccer teams when it comes to taking dives.

Can you tell I have no love for Montreal?

Not to mention the fact that the Canadiens rival European soccer teams when it comes to taking dives.

Can you tell I have no love for Montreal?

The first game penalty call in OT was real big in this series it gave them the first game. Who knows what would have happened if Boston won that first game.

Even though they're going to be eliminated by Montreal, the Boston Bruins have suddenly became my second favorite team due to this reason and this reason alone:

img477fab8cee08e.jpg

Thats some good mojo right there. Since you posted that picture the Bruins have scored 4 goals.

The Bruins live to see another day. Bruins win in Montreal 5-1.

Game 6 in Boston on Saturday.

So wait PeterNorth, the Devils own the Rangers because the Rangers are about to win four out of five series from the Devils in their history of postseason matchups?

Sorry, but just because you swept us two years ago doesn't make this four games to one win any less sweeter. So you won one lucky game on a play where your "All-Star" shot the puck off of our players skate into the net. Bravo, that took some skill. :lol:

Enjoy Golfing.

stanley_cup1.jpg X 3

That's why the Devils are the better franchise.

It's a longstanding NHL tradition. There have been series where people had practically tried to kill the other guy, and yet they still shook hands. Avry is admittedly our pest and probably a jerk. Still, either do what Billy Smith did and go to the lockerroom or shake the guy's hand.

I would have shook his hand, but I don't blame him for not doing it. I'm glad they took care of that crap during this series cause if the Flyers win then I would have had to watch that circus act bull**** during the pens/rangers series.

Enjoy Golfing.

The strangers will join them on the course in a week or so. At least i don't have to root for pieces of crap who make a joke out of the game.

The strangers will join them on the course in a week or so. At least i don't have to root for pieces of crap who make a joke out of the game.

Says the guy who loves Brodeur.

Maybe Marty should act a little more like Henrik and not dive all over the ice just b/c the rest of his team is garbage.

Who cares about a stupid handshake. Last I checked this is still a free country you don't have shake everyone's hand.

This is just showing again how little hockey knowlege you have. It is tradition for teams to shake hands at the end of every playoff series.

Too bad Marty is a little girl and Avery made him cry like the bitch that he is.

This is just showing again how little hockey knowlege you have. It is tradition for teams to shake hands at the end of every playoff series.

Too bad Marty is a little girl and Avery made him cry like the bitch that he is.

Why be phony? for tradition? You know how many guys never shook Claude Lemieux's hand in '95? Or when he was with Colorado? Or Tie Domi? This is only a story because Avery made a fool of himself in Game 3, that is the only reason the media made this a story.

Shanahan said back in November, to paraphrase, I've been in the league forever, and every single night I cringe and am embarressed at the things Avery says to guys on the other team. That being said, can you imagine some on the stuff he said to Brodeur about his divorce and kids and whatever he could think of? Obviously none of us know what he said, but I'm sure he wasn't offering to babysit!

Brodeur would have been a phony if he shook his hand. I've always said that this "tradition" was garbage. It isn't done in any other sport. It's just phony to me, and guys who act like Lemieux, Domi and Avery, don't deserve a "nice job", "good series" handshake from guys that they were dooshes to for a week or 2.

Why be phony? for tradition? You know how many guys never shook Claude Lemieux's hand in '95? Or when he was with Colorado? Or Tie Domi? This is only a story because Avery made a fool of himself in Game 3, that is the only reason the media made this a story.

Shanahan said back in November, to paraphrase, I've been in the league forever, and every single night I cringe and am embarressed at the things Avery says to guys on the other team. That being said, can you imagine some on the stuff he said to Brodeur about his divorce and kids and whatever he could think of? Obviously none of us know what he said, but I'm sure he wasn't offering to babysit!

Brodeur would have been a phony if he shook his hand. I've always said that this "tradition" was garbage. It isn't done in any other sport. It's just phony to me, and guys who act like Lemieux, Domi and Avery, don't deserve a "nice job", "good series" handshake from guys that they were dooshes to for a week or 2.

Oh please Brodeur just got embarassed by Avery in this series, and Brodeur is just showing how equally classless is. I don't know why people seem to think Marty has so much class, class does not equal talent.

If he doesn't want to shake Avery's hand, whatever, he's been in the league for 15 years you'd think he could deal with it but to each his own. Brodeur disgraced himself in Game 4 when he was flopping all over the ice and after another playoff series loss it's hard to call him the best playoff goalie right now.

Oh please Brodeur just got embarassed by Avery in this series, and Brodeur is just showing how equally classless is. I don't know why people seem to think Marty has so much class, class does not equal talent.

If he doesn't want to shake Avery's hand, whatever, he's been in the league for 15 years you'd think he could deal with it but to each his own. Brodeur disgraced himself in Game 4 when he was flopping all over the ice and after another playoff series loss it's hard to call him the best playoff goalie right now.

if it is no big deal that he didn't shake his hand, than what is he doing to show he is classless?

LOL @ talking about hockey tradition and defending a little piece of garbage like Avery in the same sentence.

Boston is giving Montreal everything they can handle- 7th game to decide it. All the games have been close.

The Garden was rocking and the last 10 minutes was the most exciting hockey I have seen in a long, long time. Just an unbelievable game.

Win or lose Monday night, this team has made people in Boston care about the Bruins again.

The Garden was rocking and the last 10 minutes was the most exciting hockey I have seen in a long, long time. Just an unbelievable game.

Win or lose Monday night, this team has made people in Boston care about the Bruins again.

Gainzo

To me watching playoff hockey is the most excitement I get in watching sports- I am always on the edge.

Archived