The Official Stanley Cup Playoffs Thread

Mavrik

• Replies 864
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Finally the Penguins were called for diving and that was great how the Rangers came to the defense of Jagr. Every single person on the ice was given a penalty? Hilarious.

1-1 and the Rangers with the momentum.

LETS GO RANGERS!!!!!!!!

Game should be 2-1 right now, people on both sides whiffing on easy goals.

Should be 2-2 now, but's 1-1. Same difference, I guess. LOL though at Crosby's whining about the goal. That was so obvious it wasn't even funny. I'm sure madmike could even agree that that was a goal.

Damnit, spoke too soon. Back to the Penguins the lead goes.

Damnit, spoke too soon AGAIN. Damn you and your explosive offense!

It's going to be a LONG road to get back in this game, let alone series.

So much for that momentum.

Two goals in 1:24. :eek:

The ****ty defensive play and the inability to get and clear the puck on the Penatly Kill continues to haunt the Rangers. They have got to come out and have a great second period to stand a chance. They need to tie this game up.

Should be 2-2 now, but's 1-1. Same difference, I guess. LOL though at Crosby's whining about the goal. That was so obvious it wasn't even funny. I'm sure madmike could even agree that that was a goal.

Damnit, spoke too soon. Back to the Penguins the lead goes.

Damnit, spoke too soon AGAIN. Damn you and your explosive offense!

It's going to be a LONG road to get back in this game, let alone series.

madmike is a Devils fan, he doesn't believe in scoring goals.

Four goals total through a period? What the hell is this? Basketball!?

;)

If the Rangers D cannot deign to move out the traffic in front of Lundqvist ASAP they can start booking tee times. Laroque's goal against the 4th line /defensive/checking unit is a disgrace. Can't blame any refs if you won't hit.

Zero insight. Looks like he just stopped by a Bay City Rollers yard sale on his way to a 70s night party. Between the orgy guy haircut, the leisure suit look and the tan in a can, could be the creepiest thing ever seen on tv.

Yeah Ron isn't doing anything for me either Bugg. This defenses horrible play on the Penalty Killing is just sad and atrocious. The Rangers are out showing the Penguins by about 20 shots and are down by a goal because they cannot stop the f'ing Power Play. This isn't the Devils guys, you have to be more aggressive. The Penguins have shooters. They have two strong lines.

Rangers simply aren't as talented. They have no answer for Malkin. Barring Lundqvist playing unbelievable, they're probably done. And there isn't much he can do if the defense in front of him doesn't clear the puck or the bodies.The power play even took some shots tonight and it still didn't help.

Lundquist has been more than solid. If it were another goalie, Game 2 would have been a blowout. That being said, Fleury has been playing out of his mind and has been a key difference in the series. I might give the Rangers a shot at Game 4, but I think they're done.

Lets go Caps!, tonight. Honestly, neither the "Habs" or Penguins should worry a Ranger fan. Both goalies couldn't hold Henrik's jock and both can be beaten on their home ice with realtive ease.

Should be a good series either way.

The Rangers are starting to look like serious contenders for the Eastern Conference. =D>:cheers:

Good call, Joe. :rolleyes:

I don't think there is much you can saw.

Right now Pittsburgh is just flat out kicking their @ss.

They are the faster team

They are the more aggresive team right (Especially on the defensive side) I mean how many times last night did the Penguins just flat out attack the Rangers when they were on the PP last night. Meanwhile the Rangers are just sitting back. The Penguins are giving up the body to block shots, the Rangers right now are just standing around.

Very dissapointed in what I have seen so far. Since the Penguins came back in game from that 3-0 hole they dug themselves in game 1 the Rangers have looked like a team that knows they can't handle the Penguins speed and physicality.

It's all because the Habs have a youg goaltender, and with a young goaltender anything can happen, no matter what seed you are.

What about those veterans like Jagr and Shanahan? Oh wait, they both may be gone after this year.

It's really a shame for the Rangers. This was supposed to be their year. Hey, maybe it will be another 50 or so years before they win the Stanley Cup again?

Hope Sean Avery has fun on the golf course next week.

More bad news for the Blueshirts

Rangers forward Sean Avery hospitalized with lacerated spleen

NEW YORK - New York Rangers forward Sean Avery has been hospitalized after lacerating his spleen during a playoff loss to the Pittsburgh Penguins.

ADVERTISEMENT

In a statement Wednesday, the team said the noted agitator was taken to St. Vincent's hospital after New York's 5-3 loss Tuesday night and was admitted following a CT scan.

Avery will be sidelined for the remainder of the season, the Rangers said, but is expected to make a full recovery.

The Daily News first reported on its Web site Wednesday morning that Avery was taken to the hospital in cardiac arrest. The newspaper said the 28-year-old was unconscious and not breathing when he was taken to the medical center. He arrived about 3 a.m. Wednesday, a person at the hospital told the newspaper.

The Rangers trail the Penguins 3-0 in the best-of-seven Eastern Conference semifinal series with Game 4 scheduled for Thursday night at Madison Square Garden.

Avery had an assist on the Rangers' second goal in Tuesday night's game.

I guess the question on everyone's mind is, how does this affect his summer internship with Vogue?

Boy are the Devils fans obsessed with us. Realize your season is over and has been over and the Rangers owned you all season. This is pathetic. Stop being so obsessed with a team you supposedly hate with a passion.

The rangers have been outplayed- losing that 3 to 0 lead in game one killed them. Hey rangers are doucebags-get a grip I tell you. Talk some sensible hockey talk in this forum if you really are a hockey fan.

Boy are the Devils fans obsessed with us. Realize your season is over and has been over and the Rangers owned you all season. This is pathetic. Stop being so obsessed with a team you supposedly hate with a passion.

:bwahaharoll:

this is what you get when you thump your chest, then get bitch slapped. Some Devil fans on here deserved it after the Rangers spanked them, now it is the Rangers fans turn...deal with it...that's how sports goes.

p.s.- karma is a bitch, huh sean? :rl:

Ed, there is no right for the team who was bitched slap the entire season by the Rangers and then bitch slapped again in the 1st round for their fans to talk. You and your other Devils fans should take a back seat. Penguins fans can talk all they want but they've taken the high road.

I guess I thought too much of the Devils fans, all 17 of them.

As for your last comment, I hope Queen Marty is shot or has some errupt in his body for his crybaby attitude and his poor sportsmanship. Would serve him right.

As for your last comment, I hope Queen Marty is shot or has some errupt in his body for his crybaby attitude and his poor sportsmanship. Would serve him right.

wow...didn't think you were as classless as that joe. maybe you should have wished that upon henrik before his masterful performance last night, or maybe the "power" play that had TWO 5 on 3 chances and came up empty. but go ahead, direct your anger towards Marty and the Devils if it helps ease the pain.

Hey as long as the anger of Devils fans is flung towards the Rangers second round struggles and Sean Avery, why shouldn't a Ranger fan counter back with the year the Devils had against the Rangers. Why not?

I usually do not say such things or wish such things but I am so tired of madmike and PeterNorth continuing to run their mouths in this thread when they have no reason to do so. You want to root for the Penguins because you're pissed the Rangers cleaned the ice with you all season long? So be it, but damn you don't have to be an asshat and spamming the thread with your useless, garbage posts during the Rangers-Pens series. If you were to talk hockey, fine. One line rants of "lol's" and smilies is pointless.

What about those veterans like Jagr and Shanahan? Oh wait, they both may be gone after this year.

It's really a shame for the Rangers. This was supposed to be their year. Hey, maybe it will be another 50 or so years before they win the Stanley Cup again?

Hope Sean Avery has fun on the golf course next week.

You do know that the average player's age on the Rangers is younger than that of the Devils and Penguins, right?

Shanahan should retire after this year. Right now he's not doing anything special for the fourth line. Orr should be playing, not Hollweg. Stupid penalty caused us the game. I don't see him getting another job in the NHL.

Archived