The Official Stanley Cup Playoffs Thread

Mavrik

Gainzo

To me watching playoff hockey is the most excitement I get in watching sports- I am always on the edge.

I had my kids this weekend and last night they were looking at me like I was some kind of crazy man during the 3rd period. I was down, I was up, I was down, I was up, etc. Crazy stuff.

I totally agree about playoff hockey. There is nothing like it.

• Replies 864
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I had my kids this weekend and last night they were looking at me like I was some kind of crazy man during the 3rd period. I was down, I was up, I was down, I was up, etc. Crazy stuff.

I totally agree about playoff hockey. There is nothing like it.

That was some wild exciting game especially the third period. I am not impressed with Montreal's defensemen- that is where they can be beat. pressure them.

That was some wild exciting game especially the third period. I am not impressed with Montreal's defensemen- that is where they can be beat. pressure them.

The Canadiens are soft. They took 2 diving penalties last night and there should have been many more.

They have been diving all series.

The Bell Centre is going to be insane tomorrow night. If the Bruins can weather the storm for the first 5 or 6 minutes then they should be OK.

Great game by the Wings today. Defense smothered the Preds. Ozzie played outstanding and Nicky Lidstrom got a nice lucky shot from center-ice to put the Wings up. On to the second round.

Rooting for Rafalski, so go Wings. The kid is going to be a great player, and good for him to be in Detroit, and good for Detroit for him to be there as well.

Rooting for Rafalski, so go Wings. The kid is going to be a great player, and good for him to be in Detroit, and good for Detroit for him to be there as well.

He's a Dearborn native, so it's nice to see one of our own playing in Detroit. You couldn't ask for a better defensive pairing than him and Nicky Lidstrom.

No Ranger fan should be rooting for Montreal tomorrow night. With a win by the Bruins the Rangers either will face Washington or will have HOME ICE against Philadelphia, if the Bruins beat Montreal. Both of those series look like a good thing to me. Washington because, well, its Washington and Philadelphia only because of the HOME ICE it would bring. Philly has always been a tough opponent for us in the playoffs. Do not want to see them unless we have home ice.

No Ranger fan should be rooting for Montreal tomorrow night. With a win by the Bruins the Rangers either will face Washington or will have HOME ICE against Philadelphia, if the Bruins beat Montreal. Both of those series look like a good thing to me. Washington because, well, its Washington and Philadelphia only because of the HOME ICE it would bring. Philly has always been a tough opponent for us in the playoffs. Do not want to see them unless we have home ice.

The Rangers would have the home ice advantage over the Flyers no matter what, they wouldn't over Pittsburgh though. Who are Ranger fans more afraid of? Philly, or Pittsburgh? My expectations. I think Flyers will win, and Montreal will win. So it will probably be Montreal-Philly, and Pittsburgh-New York.

The Rangers would have the home ice advantage over the Flyers no matter what, they wouldn't over Pittsburgh though. Who are Ranger fans more afraid of? Philly, or Pittsburgh? My expectations. I think Flyers will win, and Montreal will win. So it will probably be Montreal-Philly, and Pittsburgh-New York.

The Rangers have no chance of playing Philadelphia in Round 2 unless Boston wins. If Boston does not win, the Rangers automatically face Pittsburgh or Montreal.

Was rummaging through hockey youtube videos and found this

For You Gainzo

7TxpxFqAV4I

(btw Don Cherry is referencing Montreal fans booing the American national anthem.)

Don Cherry is the man. I wish I could get CBC and TSN down here in Massachusetts.

Thanks mate.

The Rangers have no chance of playing Philadelphia in Round 2 unless Boston wins. If Boston does not win, the Rangers automatically face Pittsburgh or Montreal.
Home ice doens't much matter. Still, from what I've seen of the other series the NHL has made a point of selling Ovechkin and Crosby. I expect who ever plays those teams is facing that NHL/Colin Campbell nonsense. Let someone else face the diving Caps or the whiny Pens.

If the Bruins win tonight they will be steamrolled in the next round. You are preaching to the choir mate!

You never know especially in hockey- goalie gets hot and the team goes on a roll. You know that gainzo.

Great move and great shot by Streit through the five hole. Great short pass to start it all though as well. One more goal and the Bruins are probably done. They need a goal before the 3rd period, IMO.

The Flyers blew their opportunity last night blowing a 2-0 lead at home and losing to the Caps.

I expect the Caps to win tonight and advance to play the Penguins.

Rangers vs Montreal

Caps vs Pittsburgh

Bettman is salivating over the possibility of Crosby vs. Ovechkin. And so am I. Penguins have owned the Capitals since Crosby and Ovechkin came into the league.

Bettman is salivating over the possibility of Crosby vs. Ovechkin. And so am I. Penguins have owned the Capitals since Crosby and Ovechkin came into the league.

I think that is what you are going to see. Hopefully the league gets the major exposure from NBC that it sorely needs.

Philly just flat out blew it last night. I can't see them bouncing back from last night with no day off and beating the Caps in a game 7 tonight.

The marquee series in that case is Rangers/Habs, 2 Original 6 teams with storied histories (if miserably so in the case of the Rangers)and rabid fan bases-things Bettman doesn't care about or understand. In an Ovechkin/Crosby series, who dives the most? Who cries to the refs the most?

Can recall the Rangers only losing to the Habs in the playoffs in my lifetime-getting crushed in 1979 after winning game 1 and Dyrden being forced into action in game 2 when Bunny Laroque was hurt in warmups, and Roy's coming out party in the 1986 semis against Vanbiesbrouck.

The marquee series in that case is Rangers/Habs, 2 Original 6 teams with storied histories (if miserably so in the case of the Rangers)and rabid fan bases-things Bettman doesn't care about or understand. In an Ovechkin/Crosby series, who dives the most? Who cries to the refs the most?

Can recall the Rangers only losing to the Habs in the playoffs in my lifetime-getting crushed in 1979 after winning game 1 and Dyrden being forced into action in game 2 when Bunny Laroque was hurt in warmups, and Roy's coming out party in the 1986 semis against Vanbiesbrouck.

Let's go Canadiens!

So far the NHL playoffs have been great. Lots of great hockey. Lots of drama. If I'm the NHL, Im giddy over the possibilities of what could be the second round. You have Pittsburgh vs. Washington featuring the two young, marketable faces of the NHL going at one another. Will be great watching Ovie and Crosby/Malkin/Staal face off. Gaurantee you this series will be broadcast heavily on NBC for most of the series.

You have Montreal vs. NY Rangers which will be a classic Original 6 matchup. A series which in all likeliehood is going to go 6 games at the least.

And then on the Western side of things, you have the possibility of resurrecting one of the fiercest rivalries in the NHL from the late 90s in Detroit vs. Colorado. Would be great if they could renew the bad blood between these two. Most of the players from the original teams have left, but detroit and colorado fans still hate each other. I would rather play the Avs then the Flames.

Should make for a great next couple of weeks.

Watching some of the Eastern Conference action makes me wish the Wings were back in the East like they were prior to 93'. Right now, we're stuck being the team that has to travel all the way to the west coast playing teams in two different area codes. Tough task for a team during the regular season.

The playoff matchups would be outstanding. Wings vs. any of the 4 of the original 6 teams in the east would make for some great playoff hockey. Bring back the old Wings-Leafs rivalry.

Lets go Caps!, tonight. Honestly, neither the "Habs" or Penguins should worry a Ranger fan. Both goalies couldn't hold Henrik's jock and both can be beaten on their home ice with realtive ease.

Should be a good series either way.

The Rangers are starting to look like serious contenders for the Eastern Conference. =D>:cheers:

Lets go Caps!, tonight. Honestly, neither the "Habs" or Penguins should worry a Ranger fan. Both goalies couldn't hold Henrik's jock and both can be beaten on their home ice with realtive ease.

Should be a good series either way.

The Rangers are starting to look like serious contenders for the Eastern Conference. =D>:cheers:

lol

Archived