Marcus Henry

Sperm Edwards

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Here's a big WR for us. Nice. 6'4 with 4.5 speed. 1000 yds, 10 TD's and 19 ypr last year.

Just seen the pick online. He's a good pick-up, but as what they analyst stated, he's good for what the Jets do "currently". we have to get up out of our current state. Its good to know that we have a big WR now. All we have to do now is figure out how to get chad.

Here's a big WR for us. Nice. 6'4 with 4.5 speed. 1000 yds, 10 TD's and 19 ypr last year.

Just seen the pick online. He's a good pick-up, but as what they analyst stated, he's good for what the Jets do "currently". we have to get up out of our current state. Its good to know that we have a big WR now. All we have to do now is figure out how to get chad.

nfldraftcountdown:

Strengths:

Has good size and a solid frame with long arms...A smooth athlete...Runs decent routes...Has soft hands...Good leaper...Terrific body control and ball skills...Tough and will work the middle of the field..Good instincts and awareness...Hard worker.

Weaknesses:

Does not play as fast as he times...Isn't real explosive and lacks a burst...Doesn't get much separation...Not very elusive and won't do much after the catch...Has to get stronger...Has trouble beating the jam...Marginal blocker...A one year wonder.

Notes:

Really emerged as a senior in '07 and basically doubled his career stat totals from the previous three years combined..Saw his stock go way up as a senior but is still a fringe prospect with limited upside..Likely profiles as more of a possession type.

walterfootball:

Marcus Henry, Kansas

Height: 6-4. Weight: 210.

Projected 40 Time: 4.56.

Combine 40 Time: 4.50.

Vertical: . Broad 10-6.

Projected Round: 6-7.

Marcus Henry's 40 time will keep him out of the first three rounds, but he really has emerged as one of the top receivers in college football. Henry, who has 46 receptions, 885 yards and seven touchdowns through 10 games, had eight catches, 199 yards and two scores at Oklahoma State.

I like this pick, some of his concerns are that he isnt particularly fast so he may bo tbe able to effectivly break away from NFL defenders or get separation. I like the pick though, Mangini is onhis job today!!!!

nfldraftscout.com:

Analysis Positives: Has a developing frame that can carry at least another 10 pounds of bulk to help better absorb punishment going for the ball in a crowd at the next level...Has the long arms, leaping ability and timing to compete for the ball in flight at its highest point...Works best on controlled routes or operating underneath, where he can use his frame to shield defenders from the ball and provide the quarterback with a functional secondary target...Has adequate balance and body control in his route progression, relying more on moves to set up the defender rather than utilizing pure speed...Efficient at finding the soft areas in the zone and settling into them...Does not have the top-end speed to pull away from cornerbacks, but is decent at using head fakes and hip wiggle in attempts to elude...Can set up a defender with double moves...Does not use his strength well to beat the press, but can gain advantage vs. second-level defenders if he gets a clean release...Looks the ball in over his shoulder and knows how to use his long arms to extend for the ball without having to break stride...Does gather in his patterns, but shows good body control and timing getting under the ball...If he gets a little space to operate, he has the feet to get open and find the holes in the zone...Uses his long arms well to reach over and around the defender to get to the ball...Has the body control to adjust to the ball in flight, looking it in nicely on throws over his outside shoulder...Has average quickness in and out of his cuts, but has improved in his plant-and-drive as a senior...Not really assertive going over the middle, but protects the ball before initial contact... Uses his long arms to scoop low throws and, though he will trap some throws, he knows how to get into position to make the catch...Long strider with the body lean to fall forward to move the chains...Struggles to run away from speedy cornerbacks, but has developed some savvy to elude at times.

Negatives: Needs to show better aggression and courage working hard for the ball in a crowd...Has adequate timed speed, but fails to generate a sudden burst to separate and is not really elusive in the open field, resulting in minimal yards gained after the catch...Has a toned frame, but needs to improve his overall strength -- he struggles to beat the press and gets rerouted by a strong hand push...Needs to keep his pad level down when trying to cut, as he gets too erect in his stance, causing his base to narrow and forcing him to take false steps rather than come out of his break cleanly and with suddenness...Showed much better arm extension and hand placement trying to reach and pluck the ball at its high point, but will use his body to absorb the ball, leading to several drops...Gets a bit harried when he hears the defender's feet (loses concentration on the ball in flight and will give a little flinch, bracing for the hit before he has secured the ball)...More of a controlled route runner, he does not have the timed speed to eat up the cushion and get behind the cornerback...Has no desire to gain position and face up to defenders when asked to block...Has the size to be a decent blocker, but must first develop the mentality to handle that role...Will take soft-angle cuts, especially on deep routes, and needs to be more precise coming out of his breaks (when he gathers at the top of the route, defenders are quick to recover).

Compares To: JEFF WEBB-Kansas City...The light seems to have finally come on to stay for Henry. He showed better aggression attacking the ball in 2007, but still needs to show courage when working in a crowd. He has the long limbs to extend for the ball at its high point and soft hands. He's not a physical receiver, nor does he relish a role blocking. He still needs to refine his route running and will gather and drift in his routes. If used on controlled routes or underneath, he has the size to compete for the jump ball and uses his body control effectively near the sideline. Where he will go on draft day depends upon a team being convinced that 2007 was the start of great things to come, not a one-year aberration.

Injury Report No injuries reported.

I actually think this draft is better than last years.

I agree with that. Speaking of Henry though, Check out these two plays from him. He may not be the fastest WR in the Draft, but he can make people miss and you can definitely work on his acceleration off the line of scrimmage. He looks to be a Diamond in the rough. I must say, I've been one of the people begging for a Wide....He may be a 4.5 but his size and ability makes up for it. Kellen has a Target.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=PLure-TQgZ0

http://youtube.com/watch?v=biXnh7QJkzA

You are pathetic. get over it, Chad is a goner.

I agree with BP-this pick spells doom for one James Chadwick Pennington is New York. Any of you guys that are saying "oh we'll be OK with Chad at quarterback for one more year" haven't been watching the Jets play football. He is DONE-he can't even make the throws he was able to make with a slightly torn rotator cuff. He is due to make 8 million bucks this season-no WAY can we afford to pay a crappy (at best) b/u that kind of money-this is Clemens' team

I agree with BP-this pick spells doom for one James Chadwick Pennington is New York. Any of you guys that are saying "oh we'll be OK with Chad at quarterback for one more year" haven't been watching the Jets play football. He is DONE-he can't even make the throws he was able to make with a slightly torn rotator cuff. He is due to make 8 million bucks this season-no WAY can we afford to pay a crappy (at best) b/u that kind of money-this is Clemens' team

Oh nooooos! we better check the suicide help line in Connecticut if Chad is picked up by the Patriots.

:rl:

RANDY MOSSSSSSSSSSS BABY!

WOW! I love the confidence Fam! I wish I could say the same. Given that he doesnt have Moss speed I hope that he'll be able to run routes better than Randy, because if so he has the size and agility to make people miss tackles. And we all know that Randy Moss cannot run perfect routes...he'll just burn you down the field. I hope he's a route runner. If so then we wont have to compare to Randy....more like a Marvin. Harrison can Burn you down the field AND run absolutely perfect routes.

I must say man, I am seriously impress by the jets this entire off season. They've made all the right moves man. Mangini and the front office has done wonders for this teams future. Just look at the players.

Cotcherty, Revis, Rhodes, Washington, Kellen, Gholston, Keller, Pace, Woody, Harris, Smith, Lowery, Elam, Faneca, Ferguson (he will come around this year I believe), Mangold, Justin Miller (Punt Returns and could come around on the CB end), Nugent, Stuckey (toss up right now...but still has that upside).

I honestly cant call it with the QB that we picked up. I need to see more. That position is just so critical.

Archived