Marcus Henry

Sperm Edwards

And an extra TE (Keller) who will be able to take many of the plays normally expected of a 3rd WR.

A slot hybrid TE/wr (Keller), who will be the kind of slot threat that we haven't had since Chrebet retired.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ainge and Henne are exactly alike in the aspect that neither has done nothing when it mattered most. Yeah they put up some numbers against Alabama Southern and Central Michigan, but when they needed to win and their team needed to come through, both folded faster than a lawn chair. Ainge's arm strength is being way, way over-rated on this board as people are just trying to find Pennington or Clemens' replacement. Ainge is nothing more than a taller Pennington clone with a little more mobility once outside of the pocket.

As for Keller, we can hope that he turns into a slot receiver threat, but as a Jets fan you should learn not to go crazy over a first round Tight End. Obviously they see something in him, so he better pan out and FAST or the same people in this thread today singing his praises will be wanting him off the team in 2 years.

I love this pick. I made it well known that I wanted James Hardy as our big red zone threat, and I think we will have plenty of opportunities to see how good he is when we play the bills twice a year. But I think that Henry will work out good. His main fault is that he is still learning the game, and that he does not has game breaking speed....

BUT THATS FINE! He wasn't drafted to be a burner, he's doesn't need to create separation in the end zone. He's tall as hell, with good hands, and an excellent jump, which is exactly that we need to score more TD's!!

Great Job Tangini!:box:

And Kellen sure looked wonderful last year getting the lowest QB rating of any starting QB in the NFL. 5tds to 11 ints. I'm so impressed.

We should definitely dump Chad and make Kellen the starter and an inexperienced rookie as the back-up. That way, the next time Brick lets a Pats player blow by him to injure Clemens our season will be completely f_cked in the ass and we'll be picking top 6 next year's draft instead of possibly making a playoff run.

behind last year's O-line ANY QB would have been buns. tom brady with our O-line would've went 5 and 11, if that... montana, elway, young, et al... none of those guys would've looked like HOFers with that O-line... all of you love to talk isht about this QB sucks b/c of this and that one sucks b/c of that, but none of you even think about acknowledging the fact that NO QB AND NO RB can be successful behind a POROUS O-line... if you all know so much about football, how come none of you can understand the importance of the lines, both O and D? if the season started tomorrow, much to the dismay of a great lot of you, CP gives us the best chance to win now. with a much improved O-line and the defense on the cusp of dominance (ok, maybe i'm dreaming a little too hard here, but on paper the D projects to be a nightmare for opposing teams) a smart, tough in the pocket game manager is all we really need to win while clemens and ainge continue to develop. and don't tell me CP isn't tough in the pocket when i've seen him take hit after hit after hit and still getting the ball to the open man. clemens' confidence was shaken behind last year's O-line which is why he tried to do his best michael vick impersonation. bottom line, unless clemens shows marked improvement coming to TC this year he's going to lose out to CP again.

oh and for the record, adrien clarke is the guy who gave up the sack to the pats that got clemens injured. and also for the record, if the coaching staff didn't try to get cute with brad smith and leon washington under center CP could have won that game... not saying he definitely would have though, but i still blame the O-line for making our QBs look pedestrian... but maybe i'm the only one who thinks football is a TOTAL TEAM sport...

behind last year's O-line ANY QB would have been buns. tom brady with our O-line would've went 5 and 11, if that... montana, elway, young, et al... none of those guys would've looked like HOFers with that O-line... all of you love to talk isht about this QB sucks b/c of this and that one sucks b/c of that, but none of you even think about acknowledging the fact that NO QB AND NO RB can be successful behind a POROUS O-line... if you all know so much about football, how come none of you can understand the importance of the lines, both O and D? if the season started tomorrow, much to the dismay of a great lot of you, CP gives us the best chance to win now. with a much improved O-line and the defense on the cusp of dominance (ok, maybe i'm dreaming a little too hard here, but on paper the D projects to be a nightmare for opposing teams) a smart, tough in the pocket game manager is all we really need to win while clemens and ainge continue to develop. and don't tell me CP isn't tough in the pocket when i've seen him take hit after hit after hit and still getting the ball to the open man. clemens' confidence was shaken behind last year's O-line which is why he tried to do his best michael vick impersonation. bottom line, unless clemens shows marked improvement coming to TC this year he's going to lose out to CP again.

oh and for the record, adrien clarke is the guy who gave up the sack to the pats that got clemens injured. and also for the record, if the coaching staff didn't try to get cute with brad smith and leon washington under center CP could have won that game... not saying he definitely would have though, but i still blame the O-line for making our QBs look pedestrian... but maybe i'm the only one who thinks football is a TOTAL TEAM sport...

I seriously doubt we would have gone only 5-11 with Tom Brady. Pennington blew at least 3 games with just his 4th quarter mishaps & we lost other close games that just might have gone the other way if we had the top passer in the game (top-2 at worst) instead of a weak-armed, one-time has-been and an inexperienced, erratic 2nd-year QB.

I seriously doubt we would have gone only 5-11 with Tom Brady. Pennington blew at least 3 games with just his 4th quarter mishaps & we lost other close games that just might have gone the other way if we had the top passer in the game (top-2 at worst) instead of a weak-armed, one-time has-been and an inexperienced, erratic 2nd-year QB.

so, your saying our O-line was perfectly fine last year? that manning or brady would have taken us the the playoffs and beyond the first round? are you kidding me? how many times was brady sacked last year? how many times was he rushed and/or under duress? hardly ever... and you're also telling me that with 5+ seconds to read, set and throw pennington and/or clemens would have still been unable to find an open receiver and that TJ would have still had to struggle to rush for 1000? looking at the game from a completely objective perspective, it's readily apparent that great offenses start with great O-lines. look at the colts, pats, seahawks (when they still had hutch), cinci, etc. if your line can create holes to run through and time enough for the QB to go through his progressions, any QB can be made to look outstanding. take that away and any QB can be made to look just as human as the next guy... it's his supporting cast that makes brady look so damn good... you're going to want to tell me that before last year, brady didn't have moss or welker or stallworth. and i'm going to tell you that he still had that O-line and a great D and they still made it to the AFC championship game. also, if his O-line the year before last was ours from last year they woudn't have even made it past the 1st round of the playoffs.

chad is gone? just what I think here, but I do not see that happening, some fans go by there heart and not there brain. if anything Ainge means Kellen will never be the starter on this team again. he'll learn under chad for a year, depending on how well they play. then it will be Ainge's time. Kellens Ship has sailed, a waste of a pick.

chad will start this year. Kellen will be here just incase chad goes down early, if it's late in the year and we suck, Ainges time will come early.

no was we spent all this money on all these FA's to start Clemens. if you can't see that your blind.

so, your saying our O-line was perfectly fine last year? that manning or brady would have taken us the the playoffs and beyond the first round? are you kidding me? how many times was brady sacked last year? how many times was he rushed and/or under duress? hardly ever... and you're also telling me that with 5+ seconds to read, set and throw pennington and/or clemens would have still been unable to find an open receiver and that TJ would have still had to struggle to rush for 1000? looking at the game from a completely objective perspective, it's readily apparent that great offenses start with great O-lines. look at the colts, pats, seahawks (when they still had hutch), cinci, etc. if your line can create holes to run through and time enough for the QB to go through his progressions, any QB can be made to look outstanding. take that away and any QB can be made to look just as human as the next guy... it's his supporting cast that makes brady look so damn good... you're going to want to tell me that before last year, brady didn't have moss or welker or stallworth. and i'm going to tell you that he still had that O-line and a great D and they still made it to the AFC championship game. also, if his O-line the year before last was ours from last year they woudn't have even made it past the 1st round of the playoffs.

When did I insinuate anything remotely like that?

I'm sorry. I thought I was replying to a post from someone who realizes Tom Brady is better than 1 game per season better than a post-surgical Chad Pennington and first-time-starter Kellen Clemens.

Foolish me.

chad is gone? just what I think here, but I do not see that happening, some fans go by there heart and not there brain. if anything Ainge means Kellen will never be the starter on this team again. he'll learn under chad for a year, depending on how well they play. then it will be Ainge's time. Kellens Ship has sailed, a waste of a pick.

chad will start this year. Kellen will be here just incase chad goes down early, if it's late in the year and we suck, Ainges time will come early.

no was we spent all this money on all these FA's to start Clemens. if you can't see that your blind.

Bingo.

I don't think the FO has given up on Kellen but the Ainge pick definitely says they're not convinced he's the future.

walterfootball:

Marcus Henry, Kansas

Height: 6-4. Weight: 210.

Projected 40 Time: 4.56.

Combine 40 Time: 4.50.

Vertical: . Broad 10-6.

Projected Round: 6-7.

Marcus Henry's 40 time will keep him out of the first three rounds, but he really has emerged as one of the top receivers in college football. Henry, who has 46 receptions, 885 yards and seven touchdowns through 10 games, had eight catches, 199 yards and two scores at Oklahoma State.

40 time is the same as Jerry Rice. Did not seem to hurt him too much.

40 time is the same as Jerry Rice. Did not seem to hurt him too much.

Jerry Rice did not sniff a 4.5 flat. Rice allegedly ran in the4.7s. I have never once seen a time for Rice under 4.6. I wish a day will come when somebody doesn't declare a marginal prospect a potential superstar because they have better measureables then Rice. Scouting reports state specifically that Henry plays "slower" than his 40 time. According to Ronnie Lott, "Jerry may have been a 4.6 or 4.7 guy, but he is 4.2 on Sundays."

Slow field speed is a major reason teams were shying away from Henry. That is why he was "projected" to have a 40 time 1/2 to a full second slower than what he actually ran. That shouldn't matter as much with the Jets because I think they were primarily looking for some red zone height and his timed speed is better than some of the 2nd tier prospects like Manningham.

Archived