Sapp on Lamont

GimmeShelter

To think posters (Savage for one but there were others) actually gave this guy accolades while killing Curtis.

Retired DT Warren Sapp says that LaMont Jordan "is like the worst offseason running back I've ever been around."

"After three games last season, LaMont Jordan led the NFL in rushing," Sapp said. "But...he was out of shape and couldn

Being in Oakland has a way of de-motivating people example see randy moss.

No, I recall Maryland sports reporters talking about how lazy the guy is, including openly quoting a couple of his teammates. That rep has followed him for too long to not be true.

Everybody knows that Warren Sapp is the be all, end all of NFL talent evaluators.

Rod Marinelli summoned him to his office to watch video of Robertson in action. The Sapp assessment: "He was a bowling ball. I mean, everything was flying, you know? He was a bowling ball with a butcher knife. Everything was cut up and killed. That's what he looked like. Helmets were flying."

Sorry Dom, but the numbers and reality speak for themselves.

His numbers are horrible, minus one season where they were average, and he cannot stay healthy. He is a nice change of pace bruising 4th quarter Running Back who is good for 10-15 carries a game and thats IT. He does his best when he sits on the bench for the most part during the first two and a half / three quarters and steps onto the field in the fourth quarter. He's a nice back-up, complentary back.

Sorry Dom, but the numbers and reality speak for themselves.

His numbers are horrible, minus one season where they were average, and he cannot stay healthy. He is a nice change of pace bruising 4th quarter Running Back who is good for 10-15 carries a game and thats IT. He does his best when he sits on the bench for the most part during the first two and a half / three quarters and steps onto the field in the fourth quarter. He's a nice back-up, complentary back.

Did I say he was a HOF'er? I wasn't here during the Lamont/Curtis wars, but you said it yourself: he is a nice change of pace back good for 10-15 carries per game. Cap'n Dumbass never even gave him as many as 6 carries per game. He certainly wasn't running out of gas with the Jets. Meanwhile Martin was being run into the ground despite having less ypc. But hey, let's act like Jordan being out of shape as a Raider has any bearing on how the Jets should have handled him. Curtis won the rushing title! Yippee! What that get us?

Well it would've helped us have a New York - New England AFC Championship Game if Doug Brien could kick the ball through those straight yellow posts they have in the endzones. ;)

Could have gotten closer, but hey if we tried to that then we might have scored a TD. Everybody knows that's not how you win the game!

PS: Sapp is a blowhard.

Who cares if he works hard during the offseason, as long as he shows up on the field in September? I'd rather have a guy like LaMont who is lazy in the weight room and good on the field, rather than a gym rat like Thomas Jones, who can do 25 reps of 225, but sucks on Sundays.

LaMont's problem is that he is a big *****. Maybe that has to do with his conditioning, but he is an above average back when his vag isn't flaring up.

Did I say he was a HOF'er? I wasn't here during the Lamont/Curtis wars, but you said it yourself: he is a nice change of pace back good for 10-15 carries per game. Cap'n Dumbass never even gave him as many as 6 carries per game. He certainly wasn't running out of gas with the Jets. Meanwhile Martin was being run into the ground despite having less ypc. But hey, let's act like Jordan being out of shape as a Raider has any bearing on how the Jets should have handled him. Curtis won the rushing title! Yippee! What that get us?

I'm just glad we didn't give Jordan the big $$ payday Oakland did. Ask their FO if they think he was worth the coin they threw at him.

Archived