This is a 12 win team

Maxman

Clemens and Kelor will be a great tandem for many decades. Let the kid play. He is our best chance at achieving a chompionship and that's a fact.

yup, agree..

good posts,,,

good addition to site..

do your thing man..

worst case scenario. Mangini is a good coach who learned from last year. The new "Running Game Coordinator" has been given tools and more tools to work with. They will control the line of scrimmage on offense and Baby Schott can take some chances down the field. The trick plays will actually be trick plays and not a staple of the offense.

On Def same thing -- much better at the point of attack. They can be creative because they want to surprise people. Last year they had to be creative to mask their suckiness.

There are questions about the QB position. That is why the bar has been set for 12 games only. Otherwise it would be much higher.

Go Jets!!!

I came in hear intending to tell you to put this in the baseball forum. I thought you were talking about the Yankees.

Clemens and Kelor will be a great tandem for many decades. Let the kid play. He is our best chance at achieving a chompionship and that's a fact.

whether it's pennington or clemens let the better man win.

personally, I'd like to see pennington have a chance to take this team to the promised land. i think he deserves it for all he's done for the organization and somehow it think it would be good karma as well. ;)

personally, I'd like to see pennington have a chance to take this team to the promised land. i think he deserves it for all he's done for the organization and somehow it think it would be good karma as well. ;)

With the off-season we just had and the easier schedule (first 4 weeks might be a little rough tho) the Jets should be able to win minimum 9 games.

Regardless of who is the QB. Either player should be able to manage the offense to at least 9 wins.

Ah, it's May, and everyone is drinking the Kool-Aid.

I'll wait and see how long it takes to meld all these new additions together. And none of us can predict how our draft choices will perform.

Anything 7 wins or above after 4-12 would be a success.

I don't know if you know me but you should know I am the last person to drink the Tangini kool-aid. I bashed the 2006 draft to no end and bashed the Thomas Jones trade while people on this site were hailing it as the greatest move ever.

However, even I have to admit the Jets have made a lot of good moves this off-season. That, combined with a much easier schedule than last season should equal 9 or more wins.

Not being a homer, but when you add the players they've added plus a good draft plus an easy schedule the Jets should be getting alot more W's this season.

For the $64 million he's stolen from this organization based on one good season 6 years ago, I think the only thing Pennington deserves is to be shown the door.

worst case scenario. Mangini is a good coach who learned from last year. The new "Running Game Coordinator" has been given tools and more tools to work with. They will control the line of scrimmage on offense and Baby Schott can take some chances down the field. The trick plays will actually be trick plays and not a staple of the offense.

On Def same thing -- much better at the point of attack. They can be creative because they want to surprise people. Last year they had to be creative to mask their suckiness.

There are questions about the QB position. That is why the bar has been set for 12 games only. Otherwise it would be much higher.

Go Jets!!!

Didnt I say this about a month ago? I was laughed at then.

For the $64 million he's stolen from this organization based on one good season 6 years ago, I think the only thing Pennington deserves is to be shown the door.

Yet the 5th round draft pick whose basically a clone of him should be given an opportunity. Interesting.

There is no reason for the Jets to show Pennington the door. None. You know what he is capable of behind a good Offensive Line with a good running attack and thats a 9 or 10 win season. Kellen is unknown and at the very least Pennington is a better insurance policy than his younger clone.

Thank god at least you are consistent. The rest of these brown nosers though. I think i said this like a week or two ago, and the general consensus seemed to be that I'm off my rocker for even suggesting it. What did I say, like 11-13 wins as the range? I think I leaned towards 12-13.

http://www.jetnation.com/forums/showpost.php?p=852999&postcount=25

I picked 10 games 2 years ago, and 4 games last year, and got killed both years, and don't have a post to point to for it.

This year, I need to look at the schedule first, but I think 12-13 games. I'll go with 12 to give myself a little bit of breathing room.

When someone makes the official prediction thread, with a schedule listed, I will make sure to post in it and then when someone bumps it after the season I can point back to it and say I told you so.

http://www.jetnation.com/forums/showpost.php?p=853011&postcount=29

We could very well be 1-3 after the first month, but then I have us winning most of our games. I should probably post this in that other thread. I only have 2 definite losses, and 2 more maybe losses. I'm pretty sure we'll lose at least one of those though. So I go with 13 wins.

:)

Yet the 5th round draft pick whose basically a clone of him should be given an opportunity. Interesting.

There is no reason for the Jets to show Pennington the door. None. You know what he is capable of behind a good Offensive Line with a good running attack and thats a 9 or 10 win season. Kellen is unknown and at the very least Pennington is a better insurance policy than his younger clone.

When the **** have I ever said that Erik Ainge should be the starter next season?

I haven't. I like him as a prospect, but I don't want to see him start a game for a few years.

We know what we have in Pennington and it ain't good enough. There is no way he should be on the team next year, much less as a starter. He has held this franchise back for long enough already. It's high time to move on. He's the Herman Edwards of QBs...it will be addition by subtraction.

When the **** have I ever said that Erik Ainge should be the starter next season?

I haven't. I like him as a prospect, but I don't want to see him start a game for a few years.

We know what we have in Pennington and it ain't good enough. There is no way he should be on the team next year, much less as a starter. He has held this franchise back for long enough already. It's high time to move on. He's the Herman Edwards of QBs...it will be addition by subtraction.

Erik Ainge will be our Derek Andersen. We have stumbled on the steals of the draft the last 2 years (Revis and Harris best Rookie Tandem; Gholston-Lowery and Keller-Henry will have solid seasons and Gholston and Keller will stand out. I am really beginning to feel a tide changing in the AFC East. One of the Reasons is because New England, yes they are the remaining AFC Champs, but one of the reasons they were so solid on Defense was because of their play-making ability at CB and S positions, they were able to man-up on #1 Wide-outs and allow the LB and D-Line to blitz blitz blitz. Well my friends, this is going to absolutely change. Yes they added I think two GREAT FUTURE LB's (Crable and Mayo, I think Crable will be the 3rd Round Sleeper Pick of this past draft, only because the Jets didnt have a 3rd Round Pick haha...moving on, but they have done nothing to re-assume that realm of invinicibility this upcoming season in the secondary, and their starting LB Corp is older than Dick Clark.

The Miami Dolphins and the New York Jets will be fighting it out for supremacy in the AFC East from 2009-2012. Jets obviously being the superior team. You gotta admit, the Tuna really knows how to build franchises and successful ones at that.

We are all entitled to our opinion, and I respct yours. But what is it based on. What did he show you last year to make you think he can lead us to a Super Bowl much less win one?

Archived