This is a 12 win team

Maxman

worst case scenario. Mangini is a good coach who learned from last year. The new "Running Game Coordinator" has been given tools and more tools to work with. They will control the line of scrimmage on offense and Baby Schott can take some chances down the field. The trick plays will actually be trick plays and not a staple of the offense.

On Def same thing -- much better at the point of attack. They can be creative because they want to surprise people. Last year they had to be creative to mask their suckiness.

There are questions about the QB position. That is why the bar has been set for 12 games only. Otherwise it would be much higher.

Go Jets!!!

Max, Erik Ainge will win the open competition in Training Camp and will lead this team to AT LEAST 14 wins. Honestly with Ainge in there I think we have a shot at "The Pursuit To Perfection". On top of that, Gholston should have 26 sacks by Week 8. By saying this team is a 12 win team you are showing no respect. I mean, what the **** man, did you see our draft? ;)

worst case scenario. Mangini is a good coach who learned from last year. The new "Running Game Coordinator" has been given tools and more tools to work with. They will control the line of scrimmage on offense and Baby Schott can take some chances down the field. The trick plays will actually be trick plays and not a staple of the offense.

On Def same thing -- much better at the point of attack. They can be creative because they want to surprise people. Last year they had to be creative to mask their suckiness.

There are questions about the QB position. That is why the bar has been set for 12 games only. Otherwise it would be much higher.

Go Jets!!!

Did GJ&H hack into your account?

Here's the reality. This is an 8-10 win team with Chad. He will beat most of the teams we should beat and lose to the tougher teams. 2004 was a much better team overall and we managed 10 wins when we really should have had 12-14 wins. Chad would probably get this team to the playoffs with a few breaks here and there and has a higher probability to do so than Kellen IMO.

Clemens at the helm this could be anywhere from a 5-12 win team. There is a likelyhood that he doesn't improve and thus drags the whole team down with him resulting in having a 5 win team. However, if he does pan out and plays well and we were a 12 win team having him at the helm all year, I would say that we could beat any other team we face in the playoffs, which is the thing I can't say with Chad.

Me personally, I'd rather chance a 5 win season for the chance to be a force in the playoffs if we were a 12 win team under Clemens.

The offense was garbage last year, however, we did improve our o-line which is going to improve our running game by a lot. You've seen it so many times where a good o-line make an average back look better. I think with improved o-line play t-jones can average something like 4.5 a carry a get a few more td's than he did last year. The improved o-line will also give whomever plays QB longer to make a decision and throw the ball. Give KC 5 seconds and he might be tom brady or payton manning, you never know because he rarely had 5 seconds back there.

An improved o-line opens up dimensions of our offense that wasn't there last year. dump-offs and screens aren't going to work with 8 or 9 guys in the box and the long passes aren't going to work with guys in the backfield in 2 seconds. All those guys at the LOS kills your running game. At worst with out improved o-line we have an average offense.

You should put your old Herm sig back in. it's just as believable. :Nuts:

How is this NOT a 12 win team? Clearly it is a 12 win team. I said it was a 12 win team. So it is going to be a 12 win team. Explain to me how this is not so.

Me personally, I'd rather chance a 5 win season for the chance to be a force in the playoffs if we were a 12 win team under Clemens.

You want Clemens to start???? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO F-ing way

How about we let the coaches decide

I am actually all for starting Ainge...becasue i think we all know we have two clunkers in Penny and KC

The QB competition is wide open...that means Penny will be our starting QB

So it only takes you 8 games behind a **** Offensive Line to decide that Clemens was a waste of a 2nd round pick but Chad got the benefit of the doubt from 2005 to this season because of one good year? Interesting. Thank god you're not on the Coaching Staff JonE.

Lets see when Kellen does in Training Camp and during the season to see if he's a waste or not.

Go Jets!!!

problem with 12 and 4 is we have no depth on the lines.faneca or jenkins takes a ****ter,back to square 1.both lines stay healthy,i could definetly see it

You want Clemens to start???? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO F-ing way

How about we let the coaches decide

I am actually all for starting Ainge...becasue i think we all know we have two clunkers in Penny and KC

The QB competition is wide open...that means Penny will be our starting QB

i agree,penny will be the starter,but on a very,very short leesh.if he plays right,he stays the starter.

Go Jets!!!

are you thinking about the Giants?

Go Jets!!!

To be completely honest, I was actually expecting this post to be from the offseason between the 04-05 seasons as i clicked on the thread.

problem with 12 and 4 is we have no depth on the lines.faneca or jenkins takes a ****ter,back to square 1.both lines stay healthy,i could definetly see it

Jacob Bender. That's all the depth anyone would ever need. :)

7 wins.

no more. no less.

7-8-1.

and 1-3 in preseason.

Thank god at least you are consistent. The rest of these brown nosers though. I think i said this like a week or two ago, and the general consensus seemed to be that I'm off my rocker for even suggesting it. What did I say, like 11-13 wins as the range? I think I leaned towards 12-13.

How is this NOT a 12 win team? Clearly it is a 12 win team. I said it was a 12 win team. So it is going to be a 12 win team. Explain to me how this is not so.

The JN community is giving you a choice: Rehab or an intervention. We are awaiting your response.

Go Jets!!!

12 wins if we were playing in the NHL or NBA ... 16 in the MLB

GO JETS !!!

Go Jets!!!

Based on being in many games last year thius is valid.

I see a range of 8 to 12, with 10 being my projection.

I do howver see us in almost every game late into 4th quarter.

I can see winning 12 games easily if Shotty and Sutton can get more imaginative, which they should be able to with the additions Mr. T has provided. With these LBers, the Jets D should be a blitzing terror from all directions. Mangini can help Sutton with the D. But Mangini is not an O guy, it is up to Shotty to take advantage of an improved line and a versatile weapon like Keller.

i agree,penny will be the starter,but on a very,very short leesh.if he plays right,he stays the starter.

You can't put a leash on Pennington, he puts it on himself. He is so extremely conservative and limited with his capabilities that the leash he puts on himself couldn't possibly be any shorter. Chad will have plenty of games where he will have 184 yards on 24 of 30 attempts with 1 TD and 1 INT and we lose the game. It looks pretty decent on paper, but he does nothing to win games, he just manages them. As many upgrades as we have made, we are by no means good enough to throw a game manager at the helm and expect to be BAL with an all world D and a 2000 yard rusher. It's just not going to happen.

The only way we see 12 wins is if Kellen is playing QB......Period

and for all the chad lovers (JonE & friends) that think chad will be starting ,You are out of your Football Minds ,Chad will not see the field this year, The only way Chad plays is if Kellen has a Stroke in Training camp.

It is really silly. Would Chad benefit from the improved o-line, Keller and a strong defense? Of course he would. But Chad's limitations (which are well known) will only allow the Jets to go so far. They have to give Clemens a chance with these improvements and hope his experience makes him better. How much better, who knows. But at least his upside is unknown, where Chad has none. If Clemens isn't the guy, then QB becomes their #1 priority next year. Mangini has said it will be an open QB comp because he is 1) trying to motivate KC and 2) giving respect to Chad because he is needed for this year in case KC gets hurt or totally flops.

It is really silly. Would Chad benefit from the improved o-line, Keller and a strong defense? Of course he would. But Chad's limitations (which are well known) will only allow the Jets to go so far. They have to give Clemens a chance with these improvements and hope his experience makes him better. How much better, who knows. But at least his upside is unknown, where Chad has none. If Clemens isn't the guy, then QB becomes their #1 priority next year. Mangini has said it will be an open QB comp because he is 1) trying to motivate KC and 2) giving respect to Chad because he is needed for this year in case KC gets hurt or totally flops.
Great Post DM

Archived