Dustin Keller isnt the next Dallas Clark....

Jets1Fan

Hopefully, years from now, when teams spend high picks on TE's they hope he becomes the next Dustin Keller.

alright both the above post and the one before that, are very true, i just am too excited, and we're so far away, let me have my absurd (??????....lol) predictions

Sure.

Keller is the next Gates.

Gholston is the next Taylor.

Lowery is the next Bailey.

Ainge is the next Brady.

Henry is the next Burress.

Garner is the next Pace.

Can't wait! :headbang:

He's The next best thing to Antonio Gates!!!!!!!!

You Heard it here first.

New York Jets 10 - 6 Next Season

AFC Champiionship losers. (a.k.a. winners next season)

We're making it to the AFC Championship game with a 10-6 record huh? Im not saying we cant, but wow, we'll be able to beat two playoff teams to make it to the championship game (allegedly on Penningtons arm) but can only win 10 games...which have been our ceiling since my creation in 1980 and even before that.

I cant see the Jets making it to the championship game if

#1. Pennington is our QB

#2. With all the moves we did we only muster a 10-6 Record.

Even with the "issues" at QB this is a 12-4 team. "I", however, dont see any issues because Kellen in my eyes is our starting QB. Pennington lost the Job on the same arm people are betting will get us to the promise land...I've been betting and losing since 2002 with that arm, I'll take my chances with Kellen.

If we go 10-6 we're out in the first round, lucky if we make the second. With a 12-4 record we'll have home field advantage for atleast the first game and maybe even pull off a bye if things are tight this year. The AFC has been too competetive the past few years for a 10-6 team to make it that far....and this isnt 98.

We're making it to the AFC Championship game with a 10-6 record huh? Im not saying we cant, but wow, we'll be able to beat two playoff teams to make it to the championship game (allegedly on Penningtons arm) but can only win 10 games...which have been our ceiling since my creation in 1980 and even before that.

I cant see the Jets making it to the championship game if

#1. Pennington is our QB

#2. With all the moves we did we only muster a 10-6 Record.

Even with the "issues" at QB this is a 12-4 team. "I", however, dont see any issues because Kellen in my eyes is our starting QB. Pennington lost the Job on the same arm people are betting will get us to the promise land...I've been betting and losing since 2002 with that arm, I'll take my chances with Kellen.

If we go 10-6 we're out in the first round, lucky if we make the second. With a 12-4 record we'll have home field advantage for atleast the first game and maybe even pull off a bye if things are tight this year. The AFC has been too competetive the past few years for a 10-6 team to make it that far....and this isnt 98.

uh ummm............2004 10-6, chad was quarterback and the jets were a missed field goal from the afc championship game

just to be devils advocate

uh ummm............2004 10-6, chad was quarterback and the jets were a missed field goal from the afc championship game

your not being devil's advocate, you're using your brain, we sucked last year because our defense was a wet paper bag.

Playing devil's advocate is to say that even winning 4 games, Clemens was never put in to "groom". If he was our future, wouldn't that be the time to get his feet wet. That sets off alarms to me. Just saying.

your not being devil's advocate, you're using your brain, we sucked last year because our defense was a wet paper bag.

Playing devil's advocate is to say that even winning 4 games, Clemens was never put in to "groom". If he was our future, wouldn't that be the time to get his feet wet. That sets off alarms to me. Just saying.

I am simply not prepared to sit back and watch the Jets games with Chad Pennington as our QB and be able to predict down to the very *****in route (7 yrd. Out/7 yd. Hook) when he is going to throw interceptions. It's pathetic, not a defense in the leagues has to be aware of the deep bomb to either Cotchery or Coles when Chad is in their. You know what that means?? MORE PEOPLE IN THE BOX to stop the only thing we actually could have had going, our running game. With the additions of impact players on the Offensive Line and Dustin Keller getting on safeties quicker than Dallas Clark and with better hands than Kellen Winslow(even though i admit, i think he has good hands at TE), I think the correct choice for the QB is Kellen Clemens. He enables us to stretch the field VASTLY more than Chad Pennington. I want to see what Clemens can do behind a good O-Line(on paper, not on the field yet) and with a stud runner like Thomas Jones(you said stud?!?! What! he only had what was it, 2 touchdowns last year...he will have 9-12 TD's this year).

We are gonna pound the run, move Keller in and out of the O-Line formation immediately setting up mismatches between CB's who arent big enough to guard him and FS/SS who isnt fast enough to keep up with him. We're going to do our regular stuff with coles being a possession receiver and leave the big play ability up to Jerricho "Yards after the" Cotchery.

WE DID THIS ALL FOR KELLEN. bottom line.

I am simply not prepared to sit back and watch the Jets games with Chad Pennington as our QB and be able to predict down to the very *****in route (7 yrd. Out/7 yd. Hook) when he is going to throw interceptions. It's pathetic, not a defense in the leagues has to be aware of the deep bomb to either Cotchery or Coles when Chad is in their. You know what that means?? MORE PEOPLE IN THE BOX to stop the only thing we actually could have had going, our running game. With the additions of impact players on the Offensive Line and Dustin Keller getting on safeties quicker than Dallas Clark and with better hands than Kellen Winslow(even though i admit, i think he has good hands at TE), I think the correct choice for the QB is Kellen Clemens. He enables us to stretch the field VASTLY more than Chad Pennington. I want to see what Clemens can do behind a good O-Line(on paper, not on the field yet) and with a stud runner like Thomas Jones(you said stud?!?! What! he only had what was it, 2 touchdowns last year...he will have 9-12 TD's this year).

We are gonna pound the run, move Keller in and out of the O-Line formation immediately setting up mismatches between CB's who arent big enough to guard him and FS/SS who isnt fast enough to keep up with him. We're going to do our regular stuff with coles being a possession receiver and leave the big play ability up to Jerricho "Yards after the" Cotchery.

WE DID THIS ALL FOR KELLEN. bottom line.

I doubt there is a corner in the league that lies awake at night worried about Coles or Cotchery getting deep. They are good receivers, but neither is exactly a deep threat.

I'm also not sure why everybody thinks Keller is too big for corners to guard. It's still going to take speed to get open. CBs aren't exactly worried about the size of the guy they are guarding. Size is only a big help if the guy is tall, like Burress. Keller is only about 6'2". Being 240 will probably only help him get off the line and maybe if they throw that TE screen out to him he can run the CB over. He is a great leaper which should also help down near the goal.

I doubt there is a corner in the league that lies awake at night worried about Coles or Cotchery getting deep. They are good receivers, but neither is exactly a deep threat.

I'm also not sure why everybody thinks Keller is too big for corners to guard. It's still going to take speed to get open. CBs aren't exactly worried about the size of the guy they are guarding. Size is only a big help if the guy is tall, like Burress. Keller is only about 6'2". Being 240 will probably only help him get off the line and maybe if they throw that TE screen out to him he can run the CB over. He is a great leaper which should also help down near the goal.

Alright that was a bit of an exaggeration about lying awake and losing sleep over covering Coles or Cotchery, to be honest. But, the only thing that matters is that the OPTION IS THERE. As long as its there, you have to be aware of it, ask any coach, on any level, its so basic. And I'm not talking about a deep threat like a Moss or a Steve Smith, but deep for the Jets is a 25-30 yd pass! and Cotchery and Coles do have that ability to receive over the top.

Well I mean in all of his films he is explosive right out of the gate so much so that its really uncanny how quickly he gets to the safety-level(granted, it is college and the game is a different speed, but still) CB's dont even usually guard the TE unless they're in the Nickel Defense, and the Nickel D-Fense has one less LB, hopefully KELLEN CLEMENS will notice and audible and run the ball, so it definitely affects all facets of our game having Keller with his athleticism. How you can say height against a Nickel CB(they don't start) won't play a role and thats its all about speed. Have you seen Plaxico Burress play??

Hmmmmm

The "Promised Land". Lets see they wandered 40 years in the desert. 1969-2009 = 40 years

Yeah, and it was a young guy that led them in (Joshua).

OK, I'm good with this

Alright that was a bit of an exaggeration about lying awake and losing sleep over covering Coles or Cotchery, to be honest. But, the only thing that matters is that the OPTION IS THERE. As long as its there, you have to be aware of it, ask any coach, on any level, its so basic. And I'm not talking about a deep threat like a Moss or a Steve Smith, but deep for the Jets is a 25-30 yd pass! and Cotchery and Coles do have that ability to receive over the top.

Well I mean in all of his films he is explosive right out of the gate so much so that its really uncanny how quickly he gets to the safety-level(granted, it is college and the game is a different speed, but still) CB's dont even usually guard the TE unless they're in the Nickel Defense, and the Nickel D-Fense has one less LB, hopefully KELLEN CLEMENS will notice and audible and run the ball, so it definitely affects all facets of our game having Keller with his athleticism. How you can say height against a Nickel CB(they don't start) won't play a role and thats its all about speed. Have you seen Plaxico Burress play??

I didn't say height wouldn't play a role. I said size (weight) wouldn't. Keller is only 6'2". That's barely tall for a WR and short for a TE. Plaxico Burress is 6'5". Keller is closer to Coles' height than Burress'. I love Keller. He looks awsome. Fast, moves, great athlete, leaper, seems to have good hands, willing to truck guys. He has some wiggle.

As for Coles and Cotchery, I'm sure everybody knows they are there, but I doubt anybody is very impressed. Hopefully Keller will demand coverage and let the lunchpail guys will have some success.

I didn't say height wouldn't play a role. I said size (weight) wouldn't. Keller is only 6'2". That's barely tall for a WR and short for a TE. Plaxico Burress is 6'5". Keller is closer to Coles' height than Burress'. I love Keller. He looks awsome. Fast, moves, great athlete, leaper, seems to have good hands, willing to truck guys. He has some wiggle.

As for Coles and Cotchery, I'm sure everybody knows they are there, but I doubt anybody is very impressed. Hopefully Keller will demand coverage and let the lunchpail guys will have some success.

Coles has been doubled almost every play, and still has good production.

Keller is going to make that very difficult to do.

Ok. first of all im sorry i get so defensive on these remarks. The jets just really are in my blood so thick right now. I also had to be sold on Keller. But I guess im still doing that vicariously through these posts and trying to sell myself a little still, but I am so sold that we're in fact putting together a real franchise, can't you see it guys. We are building the Defensive Line, that will be our next big need in the coming drafts, there will be future HUGE DT's out there in the next drafts i am willing to bet that. But we are building our LB corps for the NEXT 8 YEARS with Gholston and Pace, thats what every 3-4 Defense is built on, and yes I am preaching this marvelous thing we call a 3-4 DEFENSE...b/c i am in love with it. It calls upon our 3 Defensive linemen to plug up holes and take on two defenders at one time for the team's sake as a team defensive effort...so that the LB's can disguise their coverage and blitz schemes to get pressure on the QB b/c we've all seen what that can do a la, those G-men against those NE'ers and that guy Tom., but our defense also heavily depends upon the athleticism, quickness, awareness, and brute force of our secondary...I honestly think that will be the weakness of our football team this year, i don't know that we match up well athletically with our 4 secondary players sometimes 5, although i do like most aspects of their game, I think we lack experience, I think Elam hits hard but misses big , I think our other CB position is completely up in the air, although I do think Justin Miller will over achieve and exceed some fans' expectations. But I also think there could be a real starter in our midst with Dwight Lowery at either the Safety or CB Position. I have a great feeling withn our draft, something I hadnt had felt about before Mangold and THE BRICK...franchise first folks remember that, foundation and then rings...

I could go on, but i don't think a lot of you like me lol

so 4 years and countless injuries later you expect him to better than the best he has ever done in his career? Also he was only a missed field-goal away because of defense and special teams. Don't drink the grape flavor-aid just yet.

Archived