Manny Ramirez's "demand" to be traded!

Jet/BosoxFan

...because of his "privacy" issues, Manny wants out of Boston. He whined, pissed and moaned...and finally broke the Red Sox Front Office, who have offically announced that they are entertaining offers for the best RH hitter in the game today. And no, this is no time for Albert Pooh-holes jokes.

Manny seemingly would be perfectly happy in some baseball hell where nobody gives a rats ass about their team. What the hell, we won last year and he was the MVP, we got what we wanted from him...get him the F out of here!!! I never want to see him again in a Red Sox uniform!!! The only Manny I want to see is Manny Delcarmen!

Now I know nobody will take him and he will probably finish his contract in Boston, but can we at least pay this retard in Monopoly money?

You crack me up, JBF. I'm supposed to kneel at the Schilling alter (Schilling who has done nothing this year - and has alientaed his teammates) but I am supposed to vilify one of the best hitters in the league who was last years WS MVP? Is Manny a clueless, selfish primadonna? Yup. Will the Sox be a worse team without him. Definitely.

Man, it's true - Sox fans can be BRUTAL!

I still scratch my head over they way the FO is handling this. They throw their best hitter under the bus, but Dale Sveum still has a job? It took how many months to rid themselves of Belhorn (who will be designated for assignment any day now)and Millar is still a Red Sox Mainstay? I don't get it, JBF. I don't think I ever will.

Thank God football season is upon us. Pats fans aren't nearly as fickle and neurotic as Sox fans. BTW - Yankees fans are just pompous and often without reason. :lol:

You crack me up, JBF. I'm supposed to kneel at the Schilling alter (Schilling who has done nothing this year - and has alientaed his teammates) but I am supposed to vilify one of the best hitters in the league who was last years WS MVP? Is Manny a clueless, selfish primadonna? Yup. Will the Sox be a worse team without him. Definitely.

I still scratch my head over they way the FO is handling this. They throw their best hitter under the bus, but Dale Sveum still has a job? It took how many months to rid themselves of Belhorn (who will be designated for assignment any day now)and Millar is still a Red Sox Mainstay? I don't get it, JBF. I don't think I ever will.

Thank God football season is upon us. Pats fans aren't nearly as fickle and neurotic as Sox fans. BTW - Yankees fans are just pompous and often without reason. :lol:

That's because most Pats fans are bandwagoners. :mrgreen: :wink:

Seriously, I agree here. Manny is a damn good hitter; he would be a huge loss for Boston. Schilling has done nothing all year. Of course, if you read my posts or used any logic when Schilling came back, it was obvious that he wasn't healthy yet. If he was, he'd be starting.

The guy is a great hitter. but he makes over $22 million.The market of teams who could or would be able to take him is the Mets, Yankees, Angels, Dodgers, Cubs and White Sox. That's it. And right now, while the Mets might like to take him, none of those other teams are going to bite, and the Yanks and Sawx will never do a deal.

So he's pissed off at his employer-take a ticket, manny, and enjoy your $22 million. No one else will pay that these days. the Mets, with Minaya loving Ramirez, might very well look to pick him up for prospects(Petit, Milledge?). But not until the offseason after they got burned with Kazmir.

In all seriousness...where have you hear this/read this?

Its all over the 20/20 flashes on both radio station...cant find the link to a story in print yet but Im sure its coming. I mean freakin' Ted Johnson retires today and it's all Manny all the time on the radio here.

Now, on to Miss Garb:

How can you call me one of the fickle Sox fans after all I've put up with? I'm sorry, but youre wrong here. It doesnt make you "fickle" if you criticize dastardly deeds done by your own team. I never jump off the proverbial deep end as a Sox fan, EVER. I leave that to Yankee fan suckasses on JN.com (you all know who you are) that want to be considered "Intelligent" Red Sox fans by other Yankee fan posters. And I put up with ALL of Manny's years of BS until yesterday.

Garb...he turned his back on the team! How can you apologize for that?

Thats what I hate about this filthy liberal DISGUSTING state we live in! Nobody is ever at fault for ANYTHING! Garb's trying to blame the FO for this. Ive heard people say its Jeff Moorad's fault for railroading Manny into signing his contract. He's a self-centered, immature, prima donna scumbag clubhouse cancer! HE IS TO BLAME FOR HIS OWN ACTIONS. I never want to see him in a Red Sox uniform again just like I never want to see John Abraham in a Jets uniform again. Enough with the bullsh*t excuses already Garb and others!

1) I called you BRUTAL, not fickle. You are unwavering of your support of THE TEAM. However, you've turned on Manny. You are not alone in this.

2) Sure, Manny is a starter and a star - Ted Johnson was a back-up - and the "radio" you speak of is WEEI - that co-owns the Sox, broadcasts all it's games and has almost every player in for weekly interviews - shoot, I think Schilling does one daily. You know where that station is going to lean -feed the RSN sheep and they keep on jacking-up the ratings!

3) Manny is a clubhouse cancer! I thought that was Nomar, JBF? Honestly, the chemo must be working 'cause the Sox have done pretty well since Manny's arrival. And why all this venom towards a man who has been acting this way FOR YEARS?

Its all over the 20/20 flashes on both radio station...cant find the link to a story in print yet but Im sure its coming. I mean freakin' Ted Johnson retires today and it's all Manny all the time on the radio here.

Now, on to Miss Garb:

How can you call me one of the fickle Sox fans after all I've put up with? I'm sorry, but youre wrong here. It doesnt make you "fickle" if you criticize dastardly deeds done by your own team. I never jump off the proverbial deep end as a Sox fan, EVER. I leave that to Yankee fan suckasses on JN.com (you all know who you are) that want to be considered "Intelligent" Red Sox fans by other Yankee fan posters. And I put up with ALL of Manny's years of BS until yesterday.

Garb...he turned his back on the team! How can you apologize for that?

Thats what I hate about this filthy liberal DISGUSTING state we live in! Nobody is ever at fault for ANYTHING! Garb's trying to blame the FO for this. Ive heard people say its Jeff Moorad's fault for railroading Manny into signing his contract. He's a self-centered, immature, prima donna scumbag clubhouse cancer! HE IS TO BLAME FOR HIS OWN ACTIONS. I never want to see him in a Red Sox uniform again just like I never want to see John Abraham in a Jets uniform again. Enough with the bullsh*t excuses already Garb and others!

I'm certain that the reaction of much of the Sawx team and front office is Manny is unhappy-and so what else is new? Chemistry is all BS. This is all probably met with a collective shrug in the Sawx clubhouse, as is the daily mediations of Schilling. They will pencil him in at DH and LF from now until they Sawx either lose or repeat. And at the end of the season, Epstein, to his credit, will look at the landscape and see if it makes sense to deal him. There is no way they can get equal value for him at that salary.

It's true....80% of Sox fans are evil,mean spirited ,cluless idiots.

We knew all along. Look how Clemens and Boggs were treated.

Todd Walker, Corey Patterson, Sergio Mitre, Glendon Rusch, and Todd Hollandsworth for Manny and Hanley Ramirez. Come on, Sox, let's do it.

*Note* - I threw in Hanley Ramirez because the idiot Sox decided to also throw in Matt Murton in the Nomar deal. Might as well try to fleece the "Boy Genius" some more.

...because of his "privacy" issues, Manny wants out of Boston. He whined, pissed and moaned...and finally broke the Red Sox Front Office, who have offically announced that they are entertaining offers for the best RH hitter in the game today. And no, this is no time for Albert Pooh-holes jokes.

Manny seemingly would be perfectly happy in some baseball hell where nobody gives a rats a$$ about their team. What the hell, we won last year and he was the MVP, we got what we wanted from him...get him the F out of here!!! I never want to see him again in a Red Sox uniform!!! The only Manny I want to see is Manny Delcarmen!

Now I know nobody will take him and he will probably finish his contract in Boston, but can we at least pay this retard in Monopoly money?

Manny to Detroit for Jason Johnson Straight up. [-o<

Woah, woah, woah, is JBF posting a thread bashing the Sox!? :shock:

You can't really be shocked by this attitude he is showing. He has done this before. He has asked to be traded before. This is not news.

Manny is going nowhere. Who is going to be willing to pay $20M a year for one player, other than the yanks.

If a team were to take on Manny it would have to be to get a superstud in return. Only player that would fit that bill and make sense right now is Beltran.

Theo would have to pull off the biggest ever trade for this to happen. I just don't see it. Even with a grumpy Manny you still have the filthiest 3&4 hitters in the league. Why break that up?

If a team were to take on Manny it would have to be to get a superstud in return. Only player that would fit that bill and make sense right now is Beltran.

Don't kid yourself

The Sawx would let him walk, for NADA in return

Don't kid yourself

The Sawx would let him walk, for NADA in return

They tried that. Didn't work. He then went out and delivered a World Series MVP. Manny is tradeable, but only for another bloated contract OF, or a gaggle of sizeable contracts (hopefully involving some starting pitching.)

How about Clemens & Berkman for Manny???? :lol:

The market for a malcontent who makes 20 million a year is pretty slim I would think. It's lucky for Manny that he really is such a great hitter, other wise he would be a complete AND total embarassment. Now he's just a total embarassment. :D I honestly hope the Sox keep him just so I can watch him try to catch routine fly balls that end up landing 20 feet away from him. And JF80 and JBF bitch and moan about Sheffield, at least he's not a slacker. He plays hard every game and has played through injury quite a bit as a Yankee. And he would damn well play if Hideki Matsui was hurt and the Yanks were in a bind.

I am speechless.

Speechless that Garb thinks I turned on Manny for wanting to be traded and speechless that the Yankee homers feel the need to remind ME (of all people!!!) that Manny has asked to be traded before. With all due respect, no f*cking sh*t!

I didnt turn my back on Manny, Garb and others, he turned his back on ME! And every other member of RSN. Worse, he did it to his own team! We lost Trot Nixon and Matt Clement (thank God not for good) and he decides he'd rather have a day off than help his team in turmoil! F that piece of dog sh*t! I never want to see him again! If he just demanded a trade and didnt pull this crap Id still have his back, tho I would say "suck it up Sally" under my breath.

Goddamnit, I hate living in a Blue state and I've never hated it more than today. The next person that says "Thats just Manny being Manny" is gonna get spit on. Geez....with all these Blue State Sox fans and their jaded view of reality...I am surprised we even got to celebrate last fall instead of "thanking" STL for their participation in the World Series, and "consoling them for their devastating loss."

(hocks loogie on the floor!!!)

JBF,I totaly respect your love for the Sox. Really I do. However, explain to me the difference between Francona fielding a minor league unit in Texas a week or so back - essentially saying "I forfeit!" to Manny be a selfish child and taking the day off that was given to him already? Both acts are stupid.

And, honestly, one more Blue State remark and I'll spit too - and I don't do that!

You blame the way I think on Massachusetts liberalism? Are you alright?

Archived