Danilo Gallinari = Frederic Weiss

PeterNorth09

I didn't like what I saw this year from Gordon, particularly in the second half. We'll see, hopefully the Knicks did their homework on this guy. I really wanted them to take Bayless, though. IMO he would've been the best pick there.

Gordon broke his left wrist - his steadying hand - which is why his shooting percentage went down plus his coach was in a huge scandal. Gordon is going to be good in the NBA.

I'm watching all these youtube highlights of Gallinari and it's all pull-up jumpers he probably wouldn't be able to get off in the nba. They keep trying to say he's 6-10 and can play PF but he's only 6-8 or 6-9 and is really a small forward.

I'm so sick of this organization shooting itself in the foot year after year.

Gordon broke his left wrist - his steadying hand - which is why his shooting percentage went down plus his coach was in a huge scandal. Gordon is going to be good in the NBA.

I'm watching all these youtube highlights of Gallinari and it's all pull-up jumpers he probably wouldn't be able to get off in the nba. They keep trying to say he's 6-10 and can play PF but he's only 6-8 or 6-9 and is really a small forward.

At least they finally had a 1st rounder of their own... lol

Say hello to the bulls future all star PG

get_image?provider_id=260&size=550x550_mb&ptp_photo_id=3007339

Bulls should have taken Michael Beasley.

Beasley & Hinrich > Rose

Paxson is such an idiot. Now he absolutely must get rid of Kirk Hinrich and since he's drafted Rose he has no leverage at all.

Hinrich is going to start until rose takes over and then will be an over qulaified backup until they can dump him.

Hinrich/Rose

Gordon/Hughes

Deng/Nocioni

Gooden/Thomas

Noah/Gray

Not a bad roster by any means... kills the knicks...

Hinrich is going to start until rose takes over and then will be an over qulaified backup until they can dump him.

Hinrich/Rose

Gordon/Hughes

Deng/Nocioni

Gooden/Thomas

Noah/Gray

Not a bad roster by any means... kills the knicks...

The bulls don't have any inside scoring outside of Drew Gooden and it's not like he's Shaquille O'Neal, or Michael Beasley for that matter.

Yeah, the Bulls are better than the Knicks. Ofcourse it helps that David Stern sucks the Bulls organization off any chance he gets and rigs the lottery to give you guys the #1 pick and screws the Knicks with the 6 pick where D'Antoni f_cks it all up by passing up on Bayless and Eric Gordon for some Euro-bum.

For what it's worth Pete, this weeks Sporting News had the Knicks taking Gallinari in it's mock draft.

For what it's worth Pete, this weeks Sporting News had the Knicks taking Gallinari in it's mock draft.

Anybody with an f'ing brain would've thought the Knicks were going to take Gallinari. I've said it ever since the lottery balls fell into place that this is exactly what they would do. D'Antonio played with and is friends with the kids father, a fellow ITALIAN, you knew, just knew, it was going to f'ing happen. F'ing Knicks.

Gallinari was actually at the draft lastnight, so he is already not Frederic Weiss.

Keep in mind that D'Antoni wasnt even high on Gallinari weeks ago, his scouts love him and sold him on the idea. He wasnt doing the kid's father a favor.

I like Gordon too, but come to think of it where would he play with Jamal Crawford not going anywhere anytime soon? PG? Thats forcing a square peg into a round hole

Frederic Weiss? No ****ing way. I've seen this kid play. I don't know that he'll be an NBA all star, but he's no Frederic Weiss. I don't know where Weiss played, but the Italian league isn't so soft and Gallinari is not just a soft jump shooter.

You're on crack.

You're on crack.

Clearly you are. Danillo played in the second best league in the world. he went up against ex-nba players every night. He is a legitimate 6'9 without sneakers and still growing. Some people have him growing to 7'. He shoots 40% from the three point line, has amazing handle for a man of that size, and was the go-to-guy for the Italian team. Had he played in the NCAA he would have averaged 25 ppg easy.

You should do some research before you comment on a player.

Clearly you are. Danillo played in the second best league in the world. he went up against ex-nba players every night. He is a legitimate 6'9 without sneakers and still growing. Some people have him growing to 7'. He shoots 40% from the three point line, has amazing handle for a man of that size, and was the go-to-guy for the Italian team. Had he played in the NCAA he would have averaged 25 ppg easy.

You should do some research before you comment on a player.

Wow, he played against a bunch of scrubs who couldn't hack it in the NBDL. It's easy shoot 40% from the three point line against a bunch of slow European players who don't play defense and can't fight through a screen.

I don't understand the argument that he would have averaged 25 ppg in the NCAA easy when he only averaged 14 ppg in a Euro league. That's just a dumb conclusion.

Maybe you're one of these guys who thinks Euro-players are so much better than American players. Yeah, guys like Dirk Nowitzki, Tony Parker and Manu Ginobili (who isn't even European) have done great in the NBA.

For every Dirk there are a ton of European players who get hyped up in every draft by people like you and up doing nothing in the NBA or just suck. Darko Milicic, Nikoloz Tzkitishvili, Pavel Podkolzin, Maciej Lampe, Milos Vujanic, Tiago Splitter, Bostjan Nachbar, Kosta Pervoic, Zarko Cabarkapa, Sergei Monia, Jiri Welsch, Raul Lopez, Fran Vasquez, Yarosalv Karolev and Andrea Bargnani all say hello.

Wow, he played against a bunch of scrubs who couldn't hack it in the NBDL. It's easy shoot 40% from the three point line against a bunch of slow European players who don't play defense and can't fight through a screen.

I don't understand the argument that he would have averaged 25 ppg in the NCAA easy when he only averaged 14 ppg in a Euro league. That's just a dumb conclusion.

Maybe you're one of these guys who thinks Euro-players are so much better than American players. Yeah, guys like Dirk Nowitzki, Tony Parker and Manu Ginobili (who isn't even European) have done great in the NBA.

For every Dirk there are a ton of European players who get hyped up in every draft by people like you and up doing nothing in the NBA or just suck. Darko Milicic, Nikoloz Tzkitishvili, Pavel Podkolzin, Maciej Lampe, Milos Vujanic, Tiago Splitter, Bostjan Nachbar, Kosta Pervoic, Zarko Cabarkapa, Sergei Monia, Jiri Welsch, Raul Lopez, Fran Vasquez, Yarosalv Karolev and Andrea Bargnani all say hello.

I respect your desire to bad mouth every single player that you mention, but your comments are ridiculous and in this case often completely incorrect. What I said is that he may suck, but if he does, HE WILL STILL HAVE NOTHING ELSE IN COMMON WITH FREDERIC WEISS.

The Italian league is not bad and players always play there over any other league in the states because that is where the money is. There is a reason guys go there and it is $$$. These teams would probably slaughter the NBDL. He averaged 17.5 in the Italian league. The "14 points he averaged in a Euro league" was in the European championship league which IIRC is only for the very top teams in each league. By all accounts he was a top 10 pick, you admit you've NEVER seen him play, so the only explanation for your hatred is an anti-Euro bias.

I respect your desire to bad mouth every single player that you mention, but your comments are ridiculous and in this case often completely incorrect. What I said is that he may suck, but if he does, HE WILL STILL HAVE NOTHING ELSE IN COMMON WITH FREDERIC WEISS.

The Italian league is not bad and players always play there over any other league in the states because that is where the money is. There is a reason guys go there and it is $$$. These teams would probably slaughter the NBDL. He averaged 17.5 in the Italian league. The "14 points he averaged in a Euro league" was in the European championship league which IIRC is only for the very top teams in each league. By all accounts he was a top 10 pick, you admit you've NEVER seen him play, so the only explanation for your hatred is an anti-Euro bias.

I have two words for you: Andrea Bargnani.

Another Italian player, played in the same league that Gallinari played in which you're hyping up so much, Italian Lega A, and he was a higher rated prospect coming into the draft, taken #1 over Lamarcus Aldridge and now he is absolute garbage in the NBA averaging 10 pts and 3 rebs a game this past season.

It's not an anti-Euro bias, just that most of these players suck. For every Dirk there's 50 or so players who end up being garbage in the NBA or just completely wash-out.

And besides, Eric Gordon is going to be a much better player than Gallinari. Not even f_cking close. Go worship this guy all you want.

Has anyone ever actually seen the guy play? Not youtube, not hearsay, not 2nd and 3rd hand. Ever watched him play a game,start to finish?

I saw Joba pitch all of once before he made the Yankees,and while it made a major impression, I had no idea. Whether Gallinari is a player or a stiff, we really don't know. This is pure speculation.

I have two words for you: Andrea Bargnani.

Another Italian player, played in the same league that Gallinari played in which you're hyping up so much, Italian Lega A, and he was a higher rated prospect coming into the draft, taken #1 over Lamarcus Aldridge and now he is absolute garbage in the NBA averaging 10 pts and 3 rebs a game this past season.

It's not an anti-Euro bias, just that most of these players suck. For every Dirk there's 50 or so players who end up being garbage in the NBA or just completely wash-out.

And besides, Eric Gordon is going to be a much better player than Gallinari. Not even f_cking close. Go worship this guy all you want.

You have a logic problem buddy. I never said he was a sure thing and I don't know **** about Gordon, but where have I worshiped this kid or hyped the Italian League? I just said it's way better than the NBDL and that he scored 17.5 there, not 14. I've actually seen him play and he's nothing like Weiss. He's also 19. Bargnani is what? 22? Go ahead and write them off. You say you don't have an anti-Euro bias, but did you notice that most players coming from the NCAA suck? They do. If you want to worship Eric Gordon have a ****ing blast, just try not to make **** up about what I've said. Gallinari has got a handle and passes well. He seems like he'll be able to get his shot off. His game is not like Weiss. He may be great, average or blow. Understand?

Has anyone ever actually seen the guy play? Not youtube, not hearsay, not 2nd and 3rd hand. Ever watched him play a game,start to finish?

I saw Joba pitch all of once before he made the Yankees,and while it made a major impression, I had no idea. Whether Gallinari is a player or a stiff, we really don't know. This is pure speculation.

I've seen him play quite a few times. I don't go to all the games, but I've probably seen him play about ten or so times. Didn't really concentrate on him and I still don't know if he's going to be a great player or a stiff, but I know that his game is nothing like Weiss'. I'd be worried that he might be a little slow and may be exposed on D. He's pretty young and looks like he's growing into his frame, so the sky is the limit, but he might just be another un-athletic European tweener that never really cuts it at the next level. I don't expect him to be too great as a rookie.

You have a logic problem buddy. I never said he was a sure thing and I don't know **** about Gordon, but where have I worshiped this kid or hyped the Italian League? I just said it's way better than the NBDL and that he scored 17.5 there, not 14. I've actually seen him play and he's nothing like Weiss. He's also 19. Bargnani is what? 22? Go ahead and write them off. You say you don't have an anti-Euro bias, but did you notice that most players coming from the NCAA suck? They do. If you want to worship Eric Gordon have a ****ing blast, just try not to make **** up about what I've said. Gallinari has got a handle and passes well. He seems like he'll be able to get his shot off. His game is not like Weiss. He may be great, average or blow. Understand?

I've seen him play quite a few times. I don't go to all the games, but I've probably seen him play about ten or so times. Didn't really concentrate on him and I still don't know if he's going to be a great player or a stiff, but I know that his game is nothing like Weiss'. I'd be worried that he might be a little slow and may be exposed on D. He's pretty young and looks like he's growing into his frame, so the sky is the limit, but he might just be another un-athletic European tweener that never really cuts it at the next level. I don't expect him to be too great as a rookie.

Then that is informed and fair.

Archived