Pete Prisco's Top 50 NFL Players

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/10877567

And of course, zero Jets are on the list and zero are on the "just missed" list. This list is hysterical. No Larry Johnson, DeMeco Ryans, Troy Polamalu or Julius Peppers on the Top 50? Mario Williams #6? He's the best DE in the NFL? Ben Handoff Burger #17!?! :rl:

Also, WTF do you have against Big Ben, I've seen you posts stuff like that for a while. How does he not deserve to be #17? Did you watch Pittsburgh at all last season?

Also, WTF do you have against Big Ben, I've seen you posts stuff like that for a while. How does he not deserve to be #17? Did you watch Pittsburgh at all last season?

Ben Roethlisberger is a game manager, he is no Quarterback. Whooptie doo that he set the Steelers record for TD passes. You know why he did that? Because they don't have a running back that can pound it in. Willie Parker isn't a bruiser and Navej Davenport couldn't get it done. Lots of short passes from him. He's nothing but average outside of Pittsburgh in his comfortable system where he can hand it off and watch the backs and OLine do the work.

Ben Roethlisberger is a game manager, he is no Quarterback. Whooptie doo that he set the Steelers record for TD passes. You know why he did that? Because they don't have a running back that can pound it in. Willie Parker isn't a bruiser and Navej Davenport couldn't get it done. Lots of short passes from him. He's nothing but average outside of Pittsburgh in his comfortable system where he can hand it off and watch the backs and OLine do the work.

This makes me seriously ask again whether you saw much of the Steelers last season. He did a great job in the game managing role which he was allowed to adopt because of the great team he had around him earlier in his career. Last season however the team was basically falling apart around him.

I don't get what you mean about all of the 'short passes'. He throws a very good deep ball and the only reason Pittsburgh couldn't utilize it more last season was because of their awful O-line.

If you put any other QB in that sytem last season i'd be willing to bet they wouldn't have done as good a job Ben done. The reason for that is no other QB can play with such bad protection like Ben can, he's absolutely amazing at breaking tackles and making plays after contact. He's by far and away the best QB in the league in that respect.

There was many occasions last season were Ben bascically carried the Steelers.

Big Ben carried the Steelers!? :rl: :rl: :rl: Dude the drugs in Ireland must be excellent. I also didn't know you got all kinds of Steelers games out there either. Interesting.

Maybe you forgot about Willie Parker's 1,316 yards in 14 games last season. I don't know. Maybe you forgot about their defense and one of the most consistent kickers in the NFL.

Big Ben is a game manager. He's nice, but he's nothing special. He's replaceable by 10 QB's.

Big Ben is a game manager. He's nice, but he's nothing special. He's replaceable by 10 QB's.

No he's not.

Most QB's would simply be destroyed behind that O-line. Most of Bens big plays come after contact, contact which most QB's in the league would not be able to sustain.

No he's not.

Most QB's would simply be destroyed behind that O-line. Most of Bens big plays come after contact, contact which most QB's in the league would not be able to sustain.

So we should celebrate the fact that "Big Ben" was born with a few extra lb's and inches of height? Whoopite doo. He took a couple of hits last season. How does that make him a great Quarterback? It makes him capable of taking a few hits and thats it.

Roethlisberger used to be a game manager. He was for his first several years.

But game managers do not throw 32 ****ing TD passes in a single season. Big Ben has developed into an elite QB.

And that list is bull****. I read it over and over again, but I still don't see the names of Chad Pennington or Vince Young.

I also didn't know you got all kinds of Steelers games out there either. Interesting.

Well, yeah, you can get everything over there that we get. A place I spend a bit of time over there in has a dish that receives all US national, NY regional, UK Channels, and a whole crapload of others for very cheap. Just something to keep in mind.

Archived