Vick bankrupt

Blackout

I agree.

....In a gas chamber.

We should leave him alone...

I agree didn't foley with the Chargers have a murder case and what about Leonard Little. OK it was wrong what he did put WOW this shows where our society is today. No prison time for a human life, but go straight to prison if you dog fight.

We should leave him alone...

I agree didn't foley with the Chargers have a murder case and what about Leonard Little. OK it was wrong what he did put WOW this shows where our society is today. No prison time for a human life, but go straight to prison if you dog fight.

I dont' know much about the murder trials had they been convicted i would hope they'd have served a prison sentance. All i know is that vick has been convicted, or at least pled guilty.

He's a shmuck, i'm glad he's lost all his money. Maybe it will serve as a warning to others.

A guy like Vick has to have a secret stash of money somewhere. I highly doubt Vick is broke.

well his bigass property was taken, the falcons want a fortune from him

and he's in jail so his financial earning is 0.00 per month

And that is all why Vick can get away with claiming bankruptcy while still having a secret stash of money.

ahh, but you know damn well that won't last. It's not like you can file bankrupcy one year then buy a 500,000 dollar home the next year. If he spends whatever money he saved in cash, the IRS will be all over him.

ahh, but you know damn well that won't last. It's not like you can file bankrupcy one year then buy a 500,000 dollar home the next year. If he spends whatever money he saved in cash, the IRS will be all over him.

But if he just rents an apartment or something he can live off of the money if he did in fact have a stash of say 1 mil or something.

But if he just rents an apartment or something he can live off of the money if he did in fact have a stash of say 1 mil or something.

i woudln't doubt that either...problem is, he's still a celeb and the IRS will notice if he takes out an apartment for 2000 per month, and that isn't even that high end. You're right, he could get by with it but he might consider being a little more cautious than when he tried to bring pot on an airplane. :lol:

i woudln't doubt that either...problem is, he's still a celeb and the IRS will notice if he takes out an apartment for 2000 per month, and that isn't even that high end. You're right, he could get by with it but he might consider being a little more cautious than when he tried to bring pot on an airplane. :lol:

haha yeah he's a genius when it comes to being cautious. i was thinking like an 800 dollar apartment haha. Doubt he would be able to hold on to that kinda money anyway. He would probably end up buying a ton of HD's and waterbeds and sh*t.

A lot of people feel sorry for him. And the whole situation is a shame. But the real shame is not the dog fighting, as dispicable as that is. It is the fact that he lied. To everyone. Repeatedly. He lied to his teammates, his coaches, the Falcons owner (who treated him like a son) and the Falcons fans. Now he is broke because he hired a high priced team of lawyers to help him lie and he betrayed the trust of the Falcons owner, who then went after his guaranteed money.

If he was honest about his problems when the suspicions first arose, he would not have needed those lawyers, he probably would have got a much lighter sentence and the Falcons owner would have probably stood behind him.

It is like Watergate. The actual crime was silly. It was the lying and the attempted coverup that brought down a U.S. President.

A lot of people feel sorry for him. And the whole situation is a shame. But the real shame is not the dog fighting, as dispicable as that is. It is the fact that he lied. To everyone. Repeatedly. He lied to his teammates, his coaches, the Falcons owner (who treated him like a son) and the Falcons fans. Now he is broke because he hired a high priced team of lawyers to help him lie and he betrayed the trust of the Falcons owner, who then went after his guaranteed money.

If he was honest about his problems when the suspicions first arose, he would not have needed those lawyers, he probably would have got a much lighter sentence and the Falcons owner would have probably stood behind him.

It is like Watergate. The actual crime was silly. It was the lying and the attempted coverup that brought down a U.S. President.

sorry dude, there is nothing silly about killing dogs. if anything, vick's sentence was much to mild compared to the severity of the crime. i seriously hope vick can't find work in the nfl and has to fall back on his vt education - oh ya that's right he never finished school.

sorry dude, there is nothing silly about killing dogs. if anything, vick's sentence was much to mild compared to the severity of the crime. i seriously hope vick can't find work in the nfl and has to fall back on his vt education - oh ya that's right he never finished school.

Oh no, believe me, I'd like to personally strangle the bastard for that. I love dogs. I was trying to point out how his money problems are primarily due to his lying and denying. As disgusting as the dog killing is, he made this whole thing a thousand times worse for himself with the lying.

Hard to feel sorry for someone who earns a fortune and then pisses it all away because of his own arrogance and stupidity. There are millions of people in this country who bust their a$$es working two jobs to support their families who will never see the kind of money Michael Vick made for playing a sport for a living. He was irresponsible with his cash and made the even bigger mistake of thinking that because he was a professional athlete that he was somehow immune from obeying state and federal laws.

If this prison sentence knocks some sense into him to lead a somewhat better life when he gets out, then I hope it works out for him.

There's only one thing left for Mike Vick to do.. enter the NBA. He will have a lot of time in prison to practice. It might take some adjusting going from prison rules to NBA rules though.

fun fact: NBA has less arrest per player ratio than NFL

source espn

thanks to the sudden flux of european players. A league can only have so many Ron Artests...

yeah, they have how many? oh yeah, 1.

NBA doesn't have Pacmans, Ray Carruth's, Chris Henry's, Leon LEtts, Maurice Clarretts, Mike Vick's etc.

Archived