Giants PSL Prices (NY Post)

Gainzo

$3,000 for me? Less than I expected I must say. The lower fans are getting a knee to the groin.

BZ

Problem is the lowers will want to move up into the uppers and push us out. I guess priority should be given to whomever has held season tickets the longest. I've only got about 15 years in and I assume people with tickets in the lower (expensive) sections will have been there for at least two decades.

Mara said after the PSL they will have 500 million in debt. No mention of the loan from the NFL. He said they could have charged more. But they tried to find the balance.

And that they are going to work with people for financing options. They are sending the info out in batches 5,000 at a time so they can work with people.

He thinks (hopes) that they won't lose that many fans over this. It bothers him when he hears, "Wellington would never have done this". And said his Dad was never faced with this kind of debt. His Dad sat in on one of the original stadium meetings and walked out. Why? He told John he was happy back in the Polo Grounds and didn't want any part of this.

This stadium gives them the best chance of being a consistent winning franchise. (Revenue needed to compete).

Problem is the lowers will want to move up into the uppers and push us out. I guess priority should be given to whomever has held season tickets the longest. I've only got about 15 years in and I assume people with tickets in the lower (expensive) sections will have been there for at least two decades.

He said they are going to work with people but it sounded like it won't be seniority based completely.

Kim Jones is doing a good job here. She is hot and smart, me likey. Anyhow -- she is pressing the issue pretty good. Not taking what he says at face value.

Mara just said, "We will have 500 million in debt." They said per team? His answer - "I can't answer for the Jets, I have no idea what they will do PSL wise".

All Woody has to do is come out with slightly less expensive psl's and he looks like a hero.

Btw, section 334 (not first four rows) is $1k. I would be stoked if the Jets did that.

Don't be surprised if he lowers the price on the lowers & increases the price from $1,000 to $2,000 for the upper deck tier.

He'd still come off as a hero

Good catch RaffyD for finding the Jets "CARROT" that they will polish to their season ticket holders next month...

$3,000 for me? Less than I expected I must say. The lower fans are getting a knee to the groin.

BZ

That's if the Jets follow suit and equal the Giants. I don't think they will but the price will not be as high as they indicated in the survey.

Just as I posted on the prior response - Don't be surprised if he lowers the price on the lowers & increases the price from $1,000 to $2,000 for the upper deck tier.

Woody & Company would still come off as heroes!

It all sounds good for those in the upper deck but what happens when people who have had lower level tickets for 20 years ask to move to the upper deck?

Me thinks upper deck ticket holders with less seniority will get booted. Its going to be ugly.

Mara said that NOONE will get kick out of their seat. If you own a seat you have first priority to that seat.

Well, I listened to Mara on WFAN a little while ago and it just hit me that 40+ years of Jets season tickets in my family will end next year. It is a shame that the billionaires have decided to have their fans foot the bill for their new stadium, as well as raise ticket prices, refreshments, parking, etc. It is such a load of bull****! It was getting increasingly harder to factor in the yearly season tickets hit in the budget as it is. They are going to price most of the diehard fans out of the new stadium. Way to go, Woody. You and the Maras are a bag of douches!

user_invisible.gifreputation.gif report.gif progress.gif

That's if the Jets follow suit and equal the Giants. I don't think they will but the price will not be as high as they indicated in the survey.

Just as I posted on the prior response - Don't be surprised if he lowers the price on the lowers & increases the price from $1,000 to $2,000 for the upper deck tier.

Not sure "heroes" is the right choice of words.

It will be interesting, to say the least. Let's just say at $1,000 -> $2,000 I am all in!

BZ

Don't be surprised if he lowers the price on the lowers & increases the price from $1,000 to $2,000 for the upper deck tier.

He'd still come off as a hero

Good catch RaffyD for finding the Jets "CARROT" that they will polish to their season ticket holders next month...

Woody may have been born into wealth but I'm sure he's picked up some savvy business moves over the years. Same with the survey - if you remember the suggested psl costs in the survey were ludicrous.

If you work a donkey for 12 hours a day for years and suddenly only work him for 8 hours a day he's going to think he's on friggin' vacation.

Unfortunately, you all know who the donkey represents in this analogy.

Edit: And BZ, for your section the Giants only charged $1k for the psl. Woody can in no way justify charging more. If he does you will see a lot fans call bullsh!t. I for one will be one of them.

If Woody charges more than the Giants even if I was offered two seats in the upper tier prior to the 2010 season I'd seriously consider turning them down just for the fact that he has no business doing so. The Giants are the defending Super Bowl Champions and have won times since 1986. The Jets are closing in on 40 years strong of losing.

If anything we should be charging no more than 75% of what the Giants are. At worst we match it exactly.

If Woody charges more than the Giants even if I was offered two seats in the upper tier prior to the 2010 season I'd seriously consider turning them down just for the fact that he has no business doing so. The Giants are the defending Super Bowl Champions and have won times since 1986. The Jets are closing in on 40 years strong of losing.

If anything we should be charging no more than 75% of what the Giants are. At worst we match it exactly.

:sign0098: Good post. Yup the product quality is NOT as good as the Giants. How TF can he even think of charging more?

I am already hearing it from the wife....

"What is the top price you are willing to pay?" "I think anything above $1000 is too much." etc...

I have two in 105, so I get sorta lucky - "only" $10K. Gotta think the cheapest lower tier seats will provide good re-sale for the PSLs. Having said that - I don't think I can convince the wife that we have the $10K to pony up for it.

Had the seats for 40 + years (my Dad's first).

Have to agree with other posters... no way they go higher than the Giants on every seat. I can see some shifting - make the upper tier $2000, but knock $2500 off some of the mezz.

one more thing...I had my tickets just about 20 years...upper level...so I am sure that there are a lot of OLDER like 70's down low with 4 or more seats that are

1. NO way gonna wanna be WAY up top

2. Have all the $$ to cough up ...

BUT then again they may give the opportunity to their grand children family etc to come up with the $$ so I wouldn't be suprised if a lot of folks keep them.

Anyway just my thoughts....

OFF boating enjoy your day!:yahoo:

The Jets are footing half the bill right?

Unless Woody pays for it out of pocket, the money has to come from somewhere and my guess it is you.

This is further screwing of the true fan.

one more thing...I had my tickets just about 20 years...upper level...so I am sure that there are a lot of OLDER like 70's down low with 4 or more seats that are

1. NO way gonna wanna be WAY up top

2. Have all the $$ to cough up ...

BUT then again they may give the opportunity to their grand children family etc to come up with the $$ so I wouldn't be suprised if a lot of folks keep them.

Anyway just my thoughts....

OFF boating enjoy your day!:yahoo:

Interesting points. I started with season tickets in the mid 70s. Sat in the third deck

of Shea in the LAST row. Have worked my way down to the first row club since then.

I can tell you these seats are not cheap. Couple that with the airfare from Florida.

We are in section 132 and another son has 131. Expect to see 20 to 25 big ones

for the seats when the Jets come out with their PSLs. Big decision to make.

But I will tell you this. I will not go back to the upper deck again. Don't care

if its $1,000 a seat and you can pay it out for 20 years. That's not the way

to reward fan loyalty. It's not like I had to pony up money to watch them in a

Super Bowl all these years.

As an aside, there was a discussion earlier in this thread about charging more

to sit on the home team side than the visitors side. I sit on the visitors side

and its quite interesting watching the visiting teams. Where else could I be

about 15 feet from Belli when he shows all the spygate pix to the defense.

In fact he shows more pix than I do of my grandkids.

You guys are missing the point when you say, "Well they haven't won a super bowl, so the price shouldn't be x y or z."

A super bowl in the PAST has nothing to do with this. They are trying to pay for a new stadium, and this is how they want to do it. I'm not saying it's right, but the new stadium would have cost the same if they won the last 10 Super Bowls or if they haven't won one in 39 yrs. It doesn't make a difference...

You guys are missing the point when you say, "Well they haven't won a super bowl, so the price shouldn't be x y or z."

A super bowl in the PAST has nothing to do with this. They are trying to pay for a new stadium, and this is how they want to do it. I'm not saying it's right, but the new stadium would have cost the same if they won the last 10 Super Bowls or if they haven't won one in 39 yrs. It doesn't make a difference...

Perception. It makes a big difference when it comes to our perception.

Perception. It makes a big difference when it comes to our perception.

Perception doesn't pay the bills. You're paying for what is coming, not what has already happened. When the new stadium opens, both teams will have 0 championships with it as their home.

Lets see the Giants waiting list is 100,000 people the Jets about 13,000 big difference there.. The Jets have been a mediocre franchise when it comes to winning so one would think they should not be in the same price range as the Gints...but of course it is the Jets so they will probably charge more

Lets see the Giants waiting list is 100,000 people the Jets about 13,000 big difference there.. The Jets have been a mediocre franchise when it comes to winning so one would think they should not be in the same price range as the Gints...but of course it is the Jets so they will probably charge more

Wait list size definitely matters... effects supply/demand.

The debt for the stadium is the same for both. I think it would be expected that they'd charge the same. I think that would be fair.

Now, I don't think the prices the Giants set forth are fair, but I think both teams have the right to charge the same.

Archived