Giants PSL Prices (NY Post)

Gainzo

I'm amazed no one has mentioned this yet.

July 17, 2008

Giants reveal PSL pricing plan for new stadium

More than half of the seats at the new Giants Stadium will carry a Personal Seat License that costs at least $5,000, according to the PSL price plan revealed by the Giants this afternoon.

Only 5.3% of the tickets will have the maximum $20,000 PSL price tag, though a hefty 19.1% will cost at least $10,000 and 52.7% will cost at least $5,000. One-third of the seats (33.3%, all in the upper deck) will carry a PSL charge of $1,000.

The entire pricing plan for the stadium that

My dad has been a season ticket holder for 35+ years, I've been going with him every game since I was in kindergarden (im 22) and we have 6 seats in Section 110 :eek:

Unless he relocates I'm pretty sure he will be giving his tickets up.

With the Giants announcing the specific facts, figures and dates regarding their Personal Screw Licenses, the Jets confirmed what just about everyone anticipated.

"We are developing our PSL plan that we will announce at the end of August," team spokesperson Bruce Speight said late this afternoon.

And there you have it.

http://weblogs.newsday.com/sports/football/jets/blog/

With the Giants announcing the specific facts, figures and dates regarding their Personal Screw Licenses, the Jets confirmed what just about everyone anticipated.

"We are developing our PSL plan that we will announce at the end of August," team spokesperson Bruce Speight said late this afternoon.

And there you have it.

http://weblogs.newsday.com/sports/football/jets/blog/

What section are you in?

:Nuts:

woody-me

Enjoy your final two seasons. That sucks. $20K per PSL & $160 a ticket?

Where are the proponents of PSL's that were chiming in a few months ago?

Wasn't their defense of PSL's based on the fact that ticket prices wouldn't go up much?

Look at the difference bewteen ticket prices for sitting behind the Home team bench and the Visitors bench! :eek:

It doesn't make any sense why it costs $160 to sit behind the visitors bench and $700 to sit behind the home team bench.

2010 cost for 2 "Coach's Club" seats: $54,000

2011 cost for 2 "Coach's Club" seats: $14,000

Ouch!

All Woody has to do is come out with slightly less expensive psl's and he looks like a hero.

Btw, section 334 (not first four rows) is $1k. I would be stoked if the Jets did that.

It all sounds good for those in the upper deck but what happens when people who have had lower level tickets for 20 years ask to move to the upper deck?

Me thinks upper deck ticket holders with less seniority will get booted. Its going to be ugly.

All Woody has to do is come out with slightly less expensive psl's and he looks like a hero.

Btw, section 334 (not first four rows) is $1k. I would be stoked if the Jets did that.

Woody can be a legend in this town FOREVER if he decided not to do PSLs.

I'm not saying PSLs are not within his right, because they are. However, all he'd have to do is say no PSLs and he'd be a LEGEND in this town.

Now that may be economical suicide for him, but he could be an absolute legend.

What also would make Woody look like a hero is to make certain sections have no PSLs.. Not the entire stadium, but at least some for the "common" man.

Enjoy your final two seasons. That sucks. $20K per PSL & $160 a ticket?

Where are the proponents of PSL's that were chiming in a few months ago?

Wasn't their defense of PSL's based on the fact that ticket prices wouldn't go up much?

i think we might try for upper's and cut down from 4 seats to 2. My bro doesnt want to pay anything extra but who knows....

I always felt that we would be priced out. I just hoped it wasnt going to be so soon. I'll be fine a year or 2 after i dont have them anymore

It all sounds good for those in the upper deck but what happens when people who have had lower level tickets for 20 years ask to move to the upper deck?

Me thinks upper deck ticket holders with less seniority will get booted. Its going to be ugly.

I think that's the reason there getting the 20k season ticket holders their packets first so if they need to move they move them before the others get the options as to where there gonna sit

Just remember, the NFL is all about the fans. :(

The NFL better hope that when they drive the last true fan away from the game, something they seem to be excelling at, the corporate types they've been courting for all these years will buy 70,000 tickets a game or they're going to quickly realized that luxury boxes only go so far.

I think that's the reason there getting the 20k season ticket holders their packets first so if they need to move they move them before the others get the options as to where there gonna sit

I'm sure that's it. It'll be a good opportunity for newer ticket holders willing to pay to move into better seats, but it's still going to wind up driving a lot of the lower priced ticket holders out of the stadium when their options are to pay $10k a seat or stay home.

Coach’s Club (110-112) - $20,000 (PSL), $700 (game ticket)

What do you get when sit in the Coach's Club? Seems like you should at least get a reach-around.

All in all, I'm glad I finally went big screen this year.

Either make a HUGE upper deck, or here I come, couch. No way I'm paying $10K to sit in 114.That is just complete and total bullsheet.

I'm in your same boat

I'll pay only if they split it into 5 annual payments which I believe they are doing

It doesn't make any sense why it costs $160 to sit behind the visitors bench and $700 to sit behind the home team bench.

2010 cost for 2 "Coach's Club" seats: $54,000

2011 cost for 2 "Coach's Club" seats: $14,000

Ouch!

WOW

The way the real estate market has dropped, you can get a small house in Florida for that.

Can't but help thinking about 1968 sitting in the freezing rain watching Namath for a few bucks, not it will cost $ 68,000 to watch Pennington.. WOW

WOW

The way the real estate market has dropped, you can get a small house in Florida for that.

Can't but help thinking about 1968 sitting in the freezing rain watching Namath for a few bucks, not it will cost $ 68,000 to watch Pennington.. WOW

Just nominated that for the POTW.

It will be interesting to see what the Jets pricing structure will be. VERY interesting. I mean, will they come in at the same price as the Giants? Doubt it. They don't have the hardware and why piss off an already antsy season ticket holder fanbase? I bet they will be lower, not a heck of a whole lot, but lower nonetheless.

BTW - you all may think that $1000 psl and $80 for an upper deck seat is peachy keen (that's the approx price at Gillette minus the PSL) until you sit in them. They suck. Those seats suck. I've sat in them at Gillette and they suck. Maybe they will be better than Gillette's - possibly - but damn, they are so far up - they suck. Well, I think they do. I can't see someone going from the 100's all the way up to the 300's and getting the same game day experience. You won't.

I was a season ticket holder way back in the day. When such issues - well, they weren't an issue. The good 'ole days. The unfortunate thing is that the Pats sucked too. :)

Terrace 1 (306-316, 326-336) - $1,000 (PSL), $95 (game ticket)

Terrace 2 (301-305, 337-340, 317-325) - $1,000 (PSL), $85 (game ticket)

These are the only areas where MOST of the real fans will remain. Some will be able to pony up $4 or 5,000 for their seats (and not many), but in Section 124 its $5,000 a seat and a college student like myself will not be able to afford even one seat there. Glad I put my name on the list two years ago for two seats because by 2010 I very well could be offered two upper tier seats and it will basically just be a downgrade. I could live with that as long as I'm at the games.

BTW, the Jets have no business charging more. Infact, they should charge less. Possibly instead of $1,000-20,000 they could charge $750-15,000.

Archived