OK THIS Friggin' Tears It With Pennington for me

SoFlaJets

LOL - But he tries REALLY hard, he's SOOOOO nice, he's a leader and all heart. Don't you want to see a guy like that start in the NFL even if it is at the expense of your favorite team??? C'mon. Be a pal and root for Chad. If you say no, than you sir are nothing more than a Chad bashing jerk. You just hate Chad, that's the only reason you can possibly say those things. I also believe you may be tied to al-queda.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
LOL - But he tries REALLY hard, he's SOOOOO nice, he's a leader and all heart. Don't you want to see a guy like that start in the NFL even if it is at the expense of your favorite team??? C'mon. Be a pal and root for Chad. If you say no, than you sir are nothing more than a Chad bashing jerk. You just hate Chad, that's the only reason you can possibly say those things. I also believe you may be tied to al-queda.

Osama Bin SoFla

Are you friggin' kidding me? If the rest of the team put forth half his effort, they'd kick ass.

Jet Moses used to call the Jets "lollygaggers and ass scratchers," and he was right.

Let's kill a guy for playing in pain. Good idea. :rolleyes:

Some players can play in pain and still help the team and others can't, I.E., Chad Pennington. There is no use for him if he is going to hurt the team and limit the passing offense. He is only in those circumstances playing for himself and his well being.

Some players can play in pain and still help the team and others can't, I.E., Chad Pennington & Curtis Martin. There is no use for him if he is going to hurt the team and limit the passing offense. He is only in those circumstances playing for himself and his well being.

Agreed.

You think Chad believes that. Whether it's for right or wrong, Chad is a very confident QB and he believes that he is the best option for this team, you can tell that after any interview with him. He played through pain and gave his everything to help the team. Simple as that.

Anybody who tries to criticise Chad for this really has a problem.

Chad believes in keeping his starting job. If he thinks his playing injuried is better for the team that is only because he has his thoughts mixed up with the reality in his little southern head. Chad does not want to lose his job, knew it was in jeporady, and was willing to do anything, even to sacrifice the good of the team, to keep his job as long as he could / can.

Anyone who doesn't see the FACT that Chad Pennington playing with two torn ligaments in his ankle HURTS the team needs to watch more Football. Chad Pennington is not Philip Rivers who helps his team when he plays hurt, unlike Chad.

Chad believes in keeping his starting job. If he thinks his playing injuried is better for the team that is only because he has his thoughts mixed up with the reality in his little southern head. Chad does not want to lose his job, knew it was in jeporady, and was willing to do anything, even to sacrifice the good of the team, to keep his job as long as he could / can.

Anyone who doesn't see the FACT that Chad Pennington playing with two torn ligaments in his ankle HURTS the team needs to watch more Football. Chad Pennington is not Philip Rivers who helps his team when he plays hurt, unlike Chad.

I agree that it hurt the team but that lies with the ****ing head coach. You cannot blame the guy for wanting to play. You simply can not.

I agree that it hurt the team but that lies with the ****ing head coach. You cannot blame the guy for wanting to play. You simply can not.

Yes you can. Chad should've been rehabbing his ankle to the full extent so that when he recovered (only to get hurt again of course) he could've been 100%. He shouldn't have wanted to go out there on a hobbled ankle on a team with hideous pass protection. He should sit down and get healthy when he is no longer the key to this teams success.

Yes you can. Chad should've been rehabbing his ankle to the full extent so that when he recovered (only to get hurt again of course) he could've been 100%. He shouldn't have wanted to go out there on a hobbled ankle on a team with hideous pass protection. He should sit down and get healthy when he is no longer the key to this teams success.

He has a strong desire to play, much like Curtis Martin. Everyone killed Herm for 'running him into the ground' when Martin was clearly hurting in 2005 yet everyone seems to avoid blaming this on Mangini, who done exactly the same thing with Pennington.

hey 124 you're a season ticket holder aren't you? Would you have rather seen Chad go 1-7 in the second half also or seen Clemens win another 3 games in the first half of 2007? How much did you guys pay to watch Mister Integrity win ONE FRIGGIN GAME out of eight?

He has a strong desire to play, much like Curtis Martin. Everyone killed Herm for 'running him into the ground' when Martin was clearly hurting in 2005 yet everyone seems to avoid blaming this on Mangini, who done exactly the same thing with Pennington.

You always give the benefit of the doubt to the veteran when you're an NFL Head Coach. That is a proven fact time and time again. When he says he's ready to go, most coaches, if not all, listen to the veteran.

BTW, Herm was running Curtis into the ground long before 2005. Long before. The amount of carries he was given consistently was ridiculous. But hey, thats what happens when you have a Game Manager and not a Quarterback behind Center.

hey 124 you're a season ticket holder aren't you? Would you have rather seen Chad go 1-7 in the second half also or seen Clemens win another 3 games in the first half of 2007? How much did you guys pay to watch Mister Integrity win ONE FRIGGIN GAME out of eight?

Would've been nice. Clemens probably wins at least another two games.

Would've been nice. Clemens probably wins at least another two games.

which I would have taken, screw playing for draft slots I know there were a lot of Jets fans who were mad we beat Buffalo a couple of years ago and KC last year-not me...I want to watch my team win as much as possible

Pennington reveals he played with 2 torn ligaments: Gholston to sign

by Dave Hutchinson

Thursday July 24, 2008, 11:56 AM

Jets quarterback Chad Pennington revealed yesterday after the first training camp practice at Hofstra that he played last season with two torn ligaments in his right ankle. He injured the ankle in the season-opener against the Patriots and sat out the following game at Baltimore before returning to the lineup.

``It was tough,'' he said. ``It was rreally tough. Two torn ligaments in my right ankle. It was extremely difficult. It was an injury I could've easily taken three weeks off. But you guys know how I am. I don't believe in that.

``If I can play and walk and function, I'm going to be out there regardless.. So it was tough.''

Pennington, who suffered two career-threatening shoulder surgeries, said his ankle injury was worse.

``The first two months of the offseason, I had to recenter my body. My whole body had shiffted to my left. I had to really concentrate on getting things back to the middle, getting the ankle stronger and getting the flexibility back in it. That was one of the toughest injuries.'' ...

Meanwhile, as The Star Ledger reported this morning, the Jets and linebacker Vernon Gholston are on the verge of a deal. It's expected to be for five years, according to someone with knowledge of the talks who requested anonymity because he's not authorized to speak for the Jets or Gholston.

``We could see a Vernon Gholston sighting,'' said coach Eric Mangini during his noon press conference.

Finally, TE Chris Baker toned down his rhetoric today and proclaimed he's not a happy camper. He said his representatives and the Jets have been working towards a ``resolution'' to his situation. Baker is unhappy with his contract.

How the fu<k does he get hurt so much? He must always twist his ankle from wearing his high heels all the time.

anybody STILL want this guy starting for you? He'll let his ego get in the way of what's best for the team-no thanks

I think that you are right. The guy could have hurt the teams chances because of his ego. He should have sat down and let the kid play. Then when healthy, get back in there.

one wins in 8 gets him a starting job in miami

So the coaching staff felt an injured Chad was atleast just as good as a healthy KC.

Interesting.

hey RS-just because a guy is a head coach of an NFL team doesn't mean he can't make stupid decisions-we've seen our fair share over the years...paging Herman Edwards

hey RS-just because a guy is a head coach of an NFL team doesn't mean he can't make stupid decisions-we've seen our fair share over the years...paging Herman Edwards

I would agree with you if Clemens wasn't outplayed by the likes of Brodie Croyle during his stint as QB.

Archived