OK THIS Friggin' Tears It With Pennington for me

SoFlaJets

so what, you would rather have an injured player playing when you have two healthy ones in the wings-sounds absolutely Edwardsian

NO, but the comparasion you used Curtis Martin & Lamont Jordan was a bad one. You made it seem like Lamont Jordan and Kellen Clemens were above and beyond better than what was playing at the time.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
anybody STILL want this guy starting for you? He'll let his ego get in the way of what's best for the team-no thanks

No offense, but that's the coaches and trainers job to decide who plays and who doesn't. I wouldn't want a player on my team that didn't WANT to play. I think it's GOOD that he wants to play. I'd say that about anyone, even Revis.

Now, this doesn't mean I want Pennington as QB, but it's not like Clemens is the second coming either.

No offense, but that's the coaches and trainers job to decide who plays and who doesn't. I wouldn't want a player on my team that didn't WANT to play. I think it's GOOD that he wants to play. I'd say that about anyone, even Revis.

Now, this doesn't mean I want Pennington as QB, but it's not like Clemens is the second coming either.

Even Revis?

LOL, priceless.

NO, but the comparasion you used Curtis Martin & Lamont Jordan was a bad one. You made it seem like Lamont Jordan and Kellen Clemens were above and beyond better than what was playing at the time.

Jcord-how much do you guys spend on a season of Jets football? It looks like a lot to me...so you're telling me what went down last year was acceptable to you? Hey I'm friggin still pissed that I spent what I did on the NFL package and a Dolphins home game down here vs. the Jets...Chad should never have been in there with 2 torn ligaments-whoever's fault it was-his or Mangini's

I'd rather have the guy take himself out when he knows he'll hurt the team than just play because he wants to play. If you're going to hurt the team, and especially in some dinky early season game, you shouldn't play. Instead you should help the backup play his best while you heal up.

The reason Chad played was because he was sure he'd lose his job if Clemens played really well. That's why he came back so quickly after the Ravens game, which Clemens almost won despite McDropkins.

Also, even though Clemens was in his first starting duty, he still did better than Pennington did, even without the offensive weapons Chad had (Coles) most of the time. Clemens was also shoestrung with that retarded run up gut run up gut 8 yard pass on 3rd and 10 gameplan on offense.

Not like I'm a big Clemens supporter, but geez, give the guy a decent shot wouldya?

What are we arguing about? He played behind a crap oline with no mobility. Someone had a hit out on Chad.. Kellen?

Seriously though, it seems he always says well I was hurt last year. So it gets some people to think "well lets give him another chance to see what he can do healthy." The guy has a lot of heart which is why he got to where he is, unfortunately his heart might be pushing him backwards now instead of foward.

anybody STILL want this guy starting for you? He'll let his ego get in the way of what's best for the team-no thanks

Do you think San Diego Chargers fans think that PhRivers is an egomaniac for playing the playoff game?

You just don't like Chad. Let the other bull**** you speak of go

Do you think San Diego Chargers fans think that PhRivers is an egomaniac for playing the playoff game?

yea sue me because I'd actually like to see the team win-and for the record I was always a Pennington supporter....for years

How many seasons has Chad actually been injury free? One? That is mind blowing.

OK three questions VG;

1-the location "DT" does it mean you are now a defensive tackle?

2-Are you also excited about The X-Files Friday?

3-what the hell are you doing on the football side of the boards again?-not that I'm not happy to see you here that is...

isnt it good to know that part of the reaosn he was ineffective was because he has 2 torn ligaments? I mean its not easy to be effective with 2 torn ligaments in ur ankle.

I know he shouldve sat out, but at least he has a reason for sucking so much.

isnt it good to know that part of the reaosn he was ineffective was because he has 2 torn ligaments? I mean its not easy to be effective with 2 torn ligaments in ur ankle.

I know he shouldve sat out, but at least he has a reason for sucking so much.

It's not a valid excuse IMO. He made bad desicions and forced bad throws regardless of what was wrong with his ankle. It might have affected his play some but he can't be offered a free pass for it.

OK three questions VG;

1-the location "DT" does it mean you are now a defensive tackle?

2-Are you also excited about The X-Files Friday?

3-what the hell are you doing on the football side of the boards again?-not that I'm not happy to see you here that is...

1-I assure you Jimmy, I am not a Defensive Tackle! lol

2-I am almost orgasmic over this friggin movie!

3-I was feeling adventurous!

Playoffs are a whole different story, there you have to fight through the pain for a game or two, when you get hurt in the first game of the season and play through it for fear of losing your job, thats selfish and stupid

You sound like one of the Herm defenders that blamed Chad and CUrtis not HERM for letting them play...

You obviously know nothing about the heart and desire you want your players to have... you want all of your guys willing to go out there on one leg for the team...

Playoffs are a whole different story, there you have to fight through the pain for a game or two, when you get hurt in the first game of the season and play through it for fear of losing your job, thats selfish and stupid

So it was Chad decision to play?

Mangini is the coach, he put Chad in the game knowing the shape he was in and his abilities or lack there of.

Its not Chads fault that he gave his all... its Mangini's fault for playing him.

Talking about Pennington and seeing ecurb slobber over him just made me puke in my mouth. I'm sorry I reopened this thread.

How am I slobbering over him?

He does what you want out of all your players, gives his all and puts his body on the line.

He couldnt get the job done, but its not his fault that the coaches felt he was the best option when they played him.

He has everything you look for in a football player between the ears and with regard to heart and spirit. But he's not up to the task physically. That's a shame. But last I checked I only care about the team flag and not it's paid help.

Nice guy, humanitarian, great role model. But sometimes you just gotta look at a bad investment and cut bait. There are other insurance policies that wont undermine the designated future QB simply by being on the roster.

Why is this topic still alive anyway. If Eric and T stay true to form, they will have Clem as the starter asap. They are building this team the right way and logic alone tells you to develop a young QB and not rely on a injury risk, old and declining player. These guys have operated since day one in terms of the big picture. So why would they change direction now?

Are you friggin' kidding me? If the rest of the team put forth half his effort, they'd kick ass.

Jet Moses used to call the Jets "lollygaggers and ass scratchers," and he was right.

Let's kill a guy for playing in pain. Good idea. :rolleyes:

You obviously know nothing about the heart and desire you want your players to have... you want all of your guys willing to go out there on one leg for the team...

I know a lot about heart and desire Bruce-I live it every day...and I don't perform when I'm sick and can't sing or play and give the patrons and my boss their moneys' worth.

No, I do NOT want a QB with two torn ligaments to show how tough he is at the cost of a season...Look I'm STILL pissed that I wasted 500 bucks on last season between DTV and a game in Miami and any of you guys from up north who were satisfied with the product you saw and a lot of you PAID for every week in East Rutherford well, all I can say is you're crazy...4 friggin wins cost me $125 each-bad investment IMO and Chad cost us a season by being stubborn. He was ONE of the reasons anyway.

I'm done with this guy my fellow Jets fans-DONE and you can go back to 2005, 2006, and 2007 on this board and I defy you to find the poster SoFlaJets ever being a Chad basher or hater-until last year when I saw what he was doing with the 10 yard passes limiting MY friggin team that I have been a fan of now for 40 seasons

Archived