Honest question regarding Chad

4HCrew

The ball to Coles would have been caught even if the defender was only a step behind him. This was no hanger which the receiver had to adjust to-it was right on the money, in perfect stride.

Sure Chad will never be the super long ball threat of some other QBs, they knew that when he was drafted. But everyone on here keeps talking about the defense packing 8 in a box. Well, if Chad lets loose with a few of those during the season, they won't be able to do that, will they? He couldn't because the line would not usually allow the time to get off even a 20 yarder, let alone a 50 yarder.

As for Chad not being able to throw the ball 30 yards-please. I realize you've had a nice spring and summer joining in with your friends in the Cyberland Chadbash, but now the season is about to start and we actually have to choose a QB this year. Please attempt to keep your posts somewhere within hailing distance of reality.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
As much as I fear the dink and dunk offense, with the new improved offensive line, an improved running game is it even possible Chad could spread the field a bit? Granted there will not be bombs unless it is a flea flicker or something but 20-25 yard passes down field to keep it open? An improved running game will keep the defense a bit on their toes so is this possible? or in my disgust of the dink and dunk offense just trying to find a bright spot

I think it's possible Tyson, we did see some of it in 2004 with Santana Moss and even after he came back after missing a few games late in the season. I think Chad's the safe bet and I think he can spread the field, but ONLY if we can establish a run game early and often.

for all of these camp gurus who say chadwick needs to start based on dinking and dunking his way through practice - where were you last year? last summer kc clearly outplayed chadwick in practice and the preseason games yet where were you declaring kc must start??

give the kid a chance. alternating wild card losses with 4 win seasons is not the ultimate goal - the super bowl is. and the super bowl is not attainable with chadwick behind center. we have 6 years proof.

Because in 2007 Chad was the five year starter who was coming off a playoff year and in fact had led us to the playoffs every year he was healthy. It was understood that he was the starter, there absolutely WAS no QB competition, the exhibitions were for practice only and for getting the young QB experience.

This year both QBs are coming off a bad year, the front office has indirectly taken responsibility for much of that and they have declared the job open. Kellen might have nominally had a better year than Chad last year, but he did not have a good enough year to nail down the job. Not nearly.

That's why.

Because in 2007 Chad was the five year starter who was coming off a playoff year and in fact had led us to the playoffs every year he was healthy. It was understood that he was the starter, there absolutely WAS no QB competition, the exhibitions were for practice only and for getting the young QB experience.

This year both QBs are coming off a bad year, the front office has indirectly taken responsibility for much of that and they have declared the job open. Kellen might have nominally had a better year than Chad last year, but he did not have a good enough year to nail down the job. Not nearly.

That's why.

the when healthy argument is such crap. chad will never be healthy again - his arm is shot. people like you are so happy just to make the playoffs you don't even care the jets have no chance to win (like 06 vs. NE). chad is limited, period.

with an actual potent running game, the 10-15 yd area should be more open then last year. Now we will see if Cotch nad Lav are g playmakers or just reception type recievers..

I don't expect to many BOMBS but I do expect more opps in the mid range area and more open play calling by Shotty

As for Chad not being able to throw the ball 30 yards-please. I realize you've had a nice spring and summer joining in with your friends in the Cyberland Chadbash, but now the season is about to start and we actually have to choose a QB this year. Please attempt to keep your posts somewhere within hailing distance of reality.

:rl:

You're clueless if you think Pennington can throw a 30 yard pass that isn't a lame lob, duck fart. He has no zip on the ball, that is what I'm talking about. No **** he can lob a ball in there 30 yards down the sideline, but in the middle of the field? Not a chance. The receiver would be killed, but most likely it would be intercepted. Pennington needs a wide open receiver to throw the ball more than 15 yards down the field, unless its a sideline pass and even then he isn't too effective with those either.

:rl:

You're clueless if you think Pennington can throw a 30 yard pass that isn't a lame lob, duck fart. He has no zip on the ball, that is what I'm talking about. No **** he can lob a ball in there 30 yards down the sideline, but in the middle of the field? Not a chance. The receiver would be killed, but most likely it would be intercepted. Pennington needs a wide open receiver to throw the ball more than 15 yards down the field, unless its a sideline pass and even then he isn't too effective with those either.

well then maybe we should get him a stinking reciever that can get WIDE OPEN once in a while

the when healthy argument is such crap. chad will never be healthy again - his arm is shot. people like you are so happy just to make the playoffs you don't even care the jets have no chance to win (like 06 vs. NE). chad is limited, period.

Exactly. Chad will never be healthy where it matters most, in his arm. His arm is shot and fans that back him continually and try to find their flawed statistics on him (like completion percentage). I'm sorry, I want more than the playoffs. The problem with a lot of the older Jets fans are they are so happy with the playoffs because through the 70's, 80's and early 90's there were barely any playoff apperances and wins. For the generation of today, we've seen the playoffs and thats not enough. We want SUPER BOWLS. 2005-Present Chad Pennington cannot bring you to the Super Bowl.

well then maybe we should get him a stinking reciever that can get WIDE OPEN once in a while

You mean like when he had Santana Moss and he ignored him down the field? I remember those days.

Coles has very good speed and gets open plenty and Cotchery is one of the best YAC receivers in the game. He gets off his defenders quite nicely.

You want the Jets to get a deep threat for CHAD PENNINGTON?

As a wise man once said, thats like giving Ray Charles a Ferrari.

:rl: :rl: :rl:

So true. Santana Moss wasn't anywhere near as effective as he could've been because of Chad Pennington.

As much as I fear the dink and dunk offense, with the new improved offensive line, an improved running game is it even possible Chad could spread the field a bit? Granted there will not be bombs unless it is a flea flicker or something but 20-25 yard passes down field to keep it open? An improved running game will keep the defense a bit on their toes so is this possible? or in my disgust of the dink and dunk offense just trying to find a bright spot

Bottom line is: teams don't fear Chad.

Only problem is they don't fear Clemens. :)

You mean like when he had Santana Moss and he ignored him down the field? I remember those days.

Coles has very good speed and gets open plenty and Cotchery is one of the best YAC receivers in the game. He gets off his defenders quite nicely.

I remeber too, and we traded him to bring Coles back...whats your point?

I remember alot of you bitching at SIDELINE SANTANA, now you are claiming that Chad was the problem? So it was Chad who told him to run out of bounds and not give 100%, my bad, I didn't see it till now.

Cotch is great after the catch, sure, but when have you seen any of our recievers WIDE OPEN? Be honest Joe, alot of it rides on Chad, I admit, but think about what I said

a deep threat and a wide reciever who can get WIDE OPEN are 2 entirely different things. I don't think anybody ever said Steve Largent was a deep threat..stop reading what you want and actually absorb the content of the message ok?

a deep threat and a wide reciever who can get WIDE OPEN are 2 entirely different things. I don't think anybody ever said Steve Largent was a deep threat..stop reading what you want and actually absorb the content of the message ok?

i get what you are saying, it's what Marcus henry could be if he's good enough. because he's such a big target, it's hard to cover him, working him across the middle of the field would be a great asset to Chad. in no way is Henry a speedster, but given enough time in the pocket throwing down the field to Henry is a deep threat.

don't think we should blame our wr's for our dismal qb situation.

I've seen enough of chad the warrior thanks.

lets see what clemens can do with 8 games under his belt & an oline that should be decent.

It seems we have to find out what we have in this kid. training camp is not a barameter in which to select a qb as a fan

i get what you are saying, it's what Marcus henry could be if he's good enough. because he's such a big target, it's hard to cover him, working him across the middle of the field would be a great asset to Chad. in no way is Henry a speedster, but given enough time in the pocket throwing down the field to Henry is a deep threat.

thank you

don't think we should blame our wr's for our dismal qb situation.

I've seen enough of chad the warrior thanks.

lets see what clemens can do with 8 games under his belt & an oline that should be decent.

It seems we have to find out what we have in this kid. training camp is not a barameter in which to select a qb as a fan

Actually, it is and should be.

It is simply 2 QB's with a chance to prove themselves and show that they are the better man for the job. If Clemens can't beat him out, he doesn't deserve to play. There is no point putting him in for the sake of it, he has to earn his job.

I don't want to 'see' anything from a QB who isn't ready to play.

Exactly. Chad will never be healthy where it matters most, in his arm. His arm is shot and fans that back him continually and try to find their flawed statistics on him (like completion percentage). I'm sorry, I want more than the playoffs. The problem with a lot of the older Jets fans are they are so happy with the playoffs because through the 70's, 80's and early 90's there were barely any playoff apperances and wins. For the generation of today, we've seen the playoffs and thats not enough. We want SUPER BOWLS. 2005-Present Chad Pennington cannot bring you to the Super Bowl.

The 2008 Jets are not winning the SB. Regardless.

Bottom line is: teams don't fear Chad.

Only problem is they don't fear Clemens. :)

Caviat is they COULD fear Clemens if he gets it together and scortches some Dbacks for 6. They have never and will never fear Chad - and all that goes with that. And there is a ton of negative impact on our offense because of that.

Caviat is they COULD fear Clemens if he gets it together and scortches some Dbacks for 6. They have never and will never fear Chad - and all that goes with that. And there is a ton of negative impact on our offense because of that.

great post. you nailed with chad striking ZERO fear into any defense.

Its a miracle that Cothery has 2,000 yards the last 2 seasons when his QB can only throw 3 yard passes. Chad is lucky as hell to have Cotch and Coles, they fit his game perfectly.

the when healthy argument is such crap. chad will never be healthy again - his arm is shot......chad is limited, period.

You post this despite my pointing out his 50 yarder, ON A DIME, to Coles vs. Cincy. Newsflash-people with shot arms don't do that. And the ball hit Coles right on stride, and it didn't matter how open Coles was because even if the defender was only a yard behind him, Coles catches the ball. Either you can throw the ball 50 yards accurately or you can't. Pennington proved that when his arm is healed, he can.

You can post "His arm is shot, his arm is shot, his arm is shot" 500 times and it will not change the fact that the evidence indicates his arm is NOT shot.

Its a miracle that Cothery has 2,000 yards the last 2 seasons when his QB can only throw 3 yard passes.

LOL-so now it's down to THREE yards!

Yesterday somebody posted that historically, it's been shown that Chad can't throw the ball past 10 yards. Today, that seems to have been modified somewhat to a claim that Chad can't throw the ball 30 yards. Now the latest-it's down to 3 yards.

Does anybody outside the Chadbashing Club actually think it is possible for any starting QB to compile a six year winning record in the NFL without being able to throw the ball more than 10 yards? Or even 30 yards? Does that make sense?

Yesterday somebody posted that historically, it's been shown that Chad can't throw the ball past 10 yards. Today, that seems to have been modified somewhat to a claim that Chad can't throw the ball 30 yards. Now the latest-it's down to 3 yards.

Does anybody outside the Chadbashing Club actually think it is possible for any starting QB to compile a six year winning record in the NFL without being able to throw the ball more than 10 yards? Or even 30 yards? Does that make sense?

Chad hasnt always been this way. He was once able to throw a solid 7 yard pass.

BTW, his record the last 3 seasons is a combined 12-17. What he did from 2002-2004 is completely worthless, he's not the same player anymore.

I for one am happy to be on the Chad bandwagon..If not, people would associate me with posters like Barton, and I couldn't live with that

Are we talking about the pass or Laveranues Coles trying to get up after he takes a shot in the head because he had to wait 4 secs for the ball to get to him?

I hear your boy Clemens sent Chansi Stuckey into a nice big shot from Kerry Rhodes today.

Nice.

Chad hasnt always been this way. He was once able to throw a solid 7 yard pass.

BTW, his record the last 3 seasons is a combined 12-17. What he did from 2002-2004 is completely worthless, he's not the same player anymore.

Exactly. This is what kelticwizard and the other Chad lovers fail to realize. Chad Pennington is an entirely different Quarterback from 2005-Present than he was in 2002-2004. As Barton stated, from 2005-Present he is 12-17 as a starter and has thrown just 29 touchdowns in those 29 games while throwing 28 interceptions.

Good Quarterbacks don't average 1 TD and 1 INT a game. Those are Game Managers, at best, not Quarterbacks and Game Managers need GREAT teams around them to win Championships which is all that matters. Championships.

Exactly. This is what kelticwizard and the other Chad lovers fail to realize. Chad Pennington is an entirely different Quarterback from 2005-Present than he was in 2002-2004. As Barton stated, from 2005-Present he is 12-17 as a starter and has thrown just 29 touchdowns in those 29 games while throwing 28 interceptions.

Good Quarterbacks don't average 1 TD and 1 INT a game. Those are Game Managers, at best, not Quarterbacks and Game Managers need GREAT teams around them to win Championships which is all that matters. Championships.

Yeah, all good QB's have 2:1 TD:INT ratio's. Right 124?

:lol:

Exactly. Clemens at least can hopefully put fear into opponents and it's just time to move on [from chad]. I feel like Kellen can do it. :cheergal:

Just give us something to watch!

Archived