PSLs Confirmed by Woody

JETSFAN5180

The cost of building stadiums -- along with cities' increasing reluctance to commit tax dollars to sports projects -- has made such fees necessary at new venues, according to sports finance experts. The $1.6 billion stadium being built next to the current Giants Stadium is expected to open in mid-2010. These fees would help fund the construction.

Help fund the construction? As I understand, it ends up that the PSL's will be fully paying for the construction. Not to mention, the construction is mostly borrowed money; by comparison, they get the PSL money all up front.

should we celebrate paying more aec4? oh wait here we go again...season ticket holders are not required to buy tickets if you cannot afford it do not buy them. You should always say yes, walk straight and never complain.

I changed the title to the thread as the exact amounts were not announced-we all knew about incoming PSL's -lets see how much stock the jets will actually give to the replies back from the surveys.

Jets' season ticket holders, get ready for PSLs

by Dave Hutchinson/The Star-Ledger Saturday August 02, 2008, 12:34 PM

It wasn't much of a surprise, but the Jets today announced they too will charge their fans personal seat licenses (PSLs) in the stadium the team will share with the Giants.

Before the Green-White game at Hofstra University, Jets owner Woody Johnson said the team had decided to follow the Giants, who last month announced a fee structure for PSLs for their season ticket holders.

The exact prices of the Jets' seats -- a one-time charge some view as an investment -- has yet to be determined, Johnson said, but he left the impression that PSLs would apply to each of the 82,500 seats in the new stadium, which is scheduled to open for the 2010 season in East Rutherford.

In June, the Jets sent surveys to season ticket holders, asking how likely fans would be to pay fees ranging from $500 in the top level to $150,000 for 50-yard-line seats.

"We sent our virtually thousands of surveys. We're collecting that information back. We will have seat lincenses," Johnson told Jets beat reporters. "We understand the feeling of the fans. I think what we're going to do is listen to the fans' response from the questionaires we sent out and we're going to try to incorporate as many as those ideas into the way we package this PSL program to be as fan-friendly as we can recognizing the nature of our fans and how long they've been fans and where they sit.

"I think you'll see the way the financing arrangement are, the way the seats are allocated and priority. Those kinds of issues will be dealt with."

The Giants' fees range from $1,000 to $20,000 per seat.

The license holder also must buy a season ticket each year. Now, season ticket holders can only transfer tickets to family members.

The Jets will be the 16th NFL team to require licenses, according to the league.

The cost of building stadiums -- along with cities' increasing reluctance to commit tax dollars to sports projects -- has made such fees necessary at new venues, according to sports finance experts. The $1.6 billion stadium being built next to the current Giants Stadium is expected to open in mid-2010. These fees would help fund the construction.

The Giants and Jets are sharing the costs of what is expected to be the most expensive stadium built. The state is paying an estimated $300 million for infrastructure improvements at the Meadowlands, among other costs related to the new venue.

The Giants' seat licenses are expected to bring in $300 million to $400 million, team co-owner John Mara said in June. If the Jets were to match that with the take from their PSLs, the cost of the stadium construction would have been cut in half.

Staff writer Maura McDermott contributed to this report.

I can hardly wait to hear how much...

I changed the title to the thread as the exact amounts were not announced-we all knew about incoming PSL's -lets see how much stock the jets will actually give to the replies back from the surveys.

faba The PSLs were ANNOUNCED today by the NYJETS not by Woody.

Can't wait to see the outrageous prices. They better not be a $.1 more than the Giants. Really, they should be less.

WHY!? The debt is the same. They shouldn't be more, but they shouldn't be less either. PSL prices really do not have much to do with recent team performance.

WHY!? The debt is the same. They shouldn't be more, but they shouldn't be less either. PSL prices really do not have much to do with recent team performance.

That isn't true, their debt isn't the same. Nobody really knows what the costs are for the respective training facilities. And Woody has a lot more debt because he recently purchased the team. John Mara was born a Mara so he didn't have those kind of debt issues.

Their stadium debt might be the same, but when you look at the big picture that is why Woody will be tempted to charge more.

That isn't true, their debt isn't the same. Nobody really knows what the costs are for the respective training facilities. And Woody has a lot more debt because he recently purchased the team. John Mara was born a Mara so he didn't have those kind of debt issues.

Their stadium debt might be the same, but when you look at the big picture that is why Woody will be tempted to charge more.

I'm talking debt for their stadium... not the other things which you are right about.

I haven't seen any evidence that says that Woody Johnson would charge more, or less, for that matter.

PSl's make no sense to me. Aren't you buying rights to the seat, so technically you should be able to show up for any show for free and sit in the seat that you own.

No, you're buying the right to purchase tickets for every jets game.

I'm talking debt for their stadium... not the other things which you are right about.

I haven't seen any evidence that says that Woody Johnson would charge more, or less, for that matter.

There definitely is no evidence that he will charge more or less. I think a lot of the speculation is being fueled by the survey the Jets sent out. I have $12,000 per ticket in my head for my seat because that is what the survey said.

There definitely is no evidence that he will charge more or less. I think a lot of the speculation is being fueled by the survey the Jets sent out. I have $12,000 per ticket in my head for my seat because that is what the survey said.

question???

will this affect my direct tv bill??

question???

will this affect my direct tv bill??

Not if you are out of market. But local residents should see a decrease in their direct tv bill. Since the Jets games will be blacked out consistently they will have to charge less.

:winking0001:

Not if you are out of market. But local residents should see a decrease in their direct tv bill. Since the Jets games will be blacked out consistently they will have to charge less.

:winking0001:

DirecTV games are no longerblacked out, even if it is in your local market.

12000??????

wow.

what a travesty. Charlie 6 pack just can't get tickets to a game.

only Country Club Craig can with that price

Archived