Are there any problems

Maxman

with the new site? Got a message today that someone was having a hard time connecting. We made a change and there are no issues that I am aware of.

Anything wrong? Let me know if there is anything that isn't working.

Serious replies only. Thanks.

I can't click any of the drop-down menus on my Vista laptop. That problem happened on my Vista desktop too, but that has since then been downgraded to XP. It's not much of a problem as I can always just use the XP or Mac computer.

Other then that, I got nothin for now. I can make a pretty cool meow noise in the chat room, lol.

I can't click any of the drop-down menus on my Vista laptop. That problem happened on my Vista desktop too, but that has since then been downgraded to XP. It's not much of a problem as I can always just use the XP or Mac computer.

Other then that, I got nothin for now. I can make a pretty cool meow noise in the chat room, lol.

I actually did zero testing with Vista, I will look into this, thanks.

I don't know if this is necessary/universal and I apologize if it is, but when I click Wiki the first time it will redirect me to a page that tells me that my cookies are cleared, and I have to click it a second time to actually get to the Wiki.

By the way, how is the Wiki going? I haven't looked much into it, but it would be nice to reconnect with my writing side every once in a while. I'll see what stuff I can do there, and if I have the time.

@Blackout, the only problem I've had with Vista is small things like the website drop-down menu and... that's about it. Driver support isn't an issue, although some will make it out to be one. Although I dislike the time it takes to boot up Vista, Leopard on a similarly-specced Macbook to my current laptop boots up much quicker. If you have enough RAM (At least two gigs) Vista is quite snappy. It was slow with a 1Gb desktop because the operating system is a hog and took up about 80% of the memory at any given time.

I don't know if this is necessary/universal and I apologize if it is, but when I click Wiki the first time it will redirect me to a page that tells me that my cookies are cleared, and I have to click it a second time to actually get to the Wiki.

**** - I thought I fixed that problem. I'll look into it.

By the way, how is the Wiki going? I haven't looked much into it, but it would be nice to reconnect with my writing side every once in a while. I'll see what stuff I can do there, and if I have the time.

Have at it w.e. - the more content the better!

I think the chat room needs some work to be honest.

That chat room is better than flash chat because it is hosted (not on our box). But the wordpress and vbulletin integrations aren't working. Meaning it looks crappy and you guys can login as anyone right now (not good, lol).

Bastids logging in as me! :)

the chat room is a big red X

but i am on a really old, crappy computer right now so that's probably why it won't load

I think you have to update your Java or download Java if you don't have it. Basically Java is the application that allows you to run flash-based web services, like the chat room. I'll see what links I can find if there is nothing on your computer constantly telling you to upgrade your Java settings. It's all free, by the way.

Go to java.com .

By the way, of IJ's list, I only had three of those.

with the new site? Got a message today that someone was having a hard time connecting. We made a change and there are no issues that I am aware of.

Anything wrong? Let me know if there is anything that isn't working.

Serious replies only. Thanks.

thumbsupag3kf4.jpg

The 'Games' and 'About JN' links at the top aren't working for me.

Nothing is set to link to Games or About JN. I have it setup so that you have to make a selection from the submenu (Contact Us, FAQ, etc). Do you see those options?

Nothing is set to link to Games or About JN. I have it setup so that you have to make a selection from the submenu (Contact Us, FAQ, etc). Do you see those options?

User CP Top Posters FAQ Members List Calendar New Posts Search Quick Links Log Out

These are the only options I have.

User CP Top Posters FAQ Members List Calendar New Posts Search Quick Links Log Out

These are the only options I have.

Max is talking about a different sub-menu. When you scroll over Jets Info, Games, and About JN on the banner a little drop-down list should appear underneath it. The links in that might not work correctly if you're using Vista, because it doesn't for me.

EDIT: The drop-down menu isn't even appearing for me any more on XP. I could've sworn it was fine yesterday...

From my perspective, the site has been down (unavailable) many times since you switched servers/skin. Usually around 9-10 pm and sometimes all day.

Strange. I will try to figure out what is going on and why people can't access it. There has to be something going on.

dude, you gotta tell me how to downgrade to XP as well. I have vista on my laptop, it's been working ok so far but i don't want the thing to blow up in my face. I have heard nothing but bad things from vista and i don't want to be another one of their statistics.

Phil whats strange is now I'm having problems from the downstairs computer (not being able to get on the site) but from my upstairs computer in my room there is no trouble at all.

What is the operatinh system on both units?

Archived