Will Clemens get his chance as a Jet?

TNJet

Not to say Favre isnt the best chance to win now cos he definately is but I want this guy to start for the jets one day,I think he has the tools. That said when do you guys think he gets that chance,or will he? :confused:
As soon as he earns it!

I do not think it should just be handed to him, and right now he does not deserve it, if he does not get his act straight, we will be drafting the next next guy.

P.S. The other Brett looks better than Kellen so far too.

I think Brett Ratliff is our future.

I agree Clemens looks like a lost puppy on the field. It's truly shameful because he's had ALMOST a full season of REAL TIME PRO PLAY and he still looks lost. BRETT RATLIFF looks good, I think he's our future.

Clemens is another Chad P in the making...maybe worse.

thats what i think too. If farve does one year here then the next year might be clemens starting it out but if he dont perform then ratliff will take over. but if farve does 2 years(which is what i think he will do) then its ratliffs team.

The guy had an impressive preseason game, and showed up Clemens (intentionally or not) in the process... but let's not anoint him as anything just yet.

I do look forward to seeing some more extended Ratliff action, though, I can tell you that.

Actually, picking up Favre is the best thing that could have happened to Clemens. It was looking like Chad was going to win the starting job by default as Clemens just wasn't showing the consistency that he has to. And if that had happened, the Jets brass would have immediately started looking for another answer for after 2008.

Now with Favre around, that gives Clemens more time to convince them that he is the future answer. Of course, now Ratliff may change all of that.

once favre retires the team goes to brettpart2

c'mon guys,the guy has a decent camp and has a few good throws in a ps game and he's our future? OK then just discard the great throws KC made last year while starting,beating Pittsburgh,and leading us in the win category over CP. I think Kellen will only need playing time to get adjusted to the game successfully,many qb's do,they arent training camp warriors like Chad that only look great when the red jerseys on.

I have been to two practices this year and Clemens looked the same..holding on to the ball too long, indecisive and horrible footwork. Not good for a guy that got game experience last year. Would love to know what he worked on this offseason

Not to say Favre isnt the best chance to win now cos he definately is but I want this guy to start for the jets one day,I think he has the tools. That said when do you guys think he gets that chance,or will he? :confused:

This sums up Clemens:

Great arm, 10 cent head. Looks scared. Being scared is a terrible attribute for a qb.

As soon as he earns it!

I do not think it should just be handed to him, and right now he does not deserve it, if he does not get his act straight, we will be drafting the next next guy.

P.S. The other Brett looks better than Kellen so far too.

Good Points.

Kellen Clemens stunk last season and so far this year in TC and Preseason he has stunk once again. Can't keep blaming it on the O-line. Ratliff has shown us a hell of a lot more in a shorter span of time.

That would definately stink, since we drafted him in the 2nd round.

And we drafted some other bum in the 3rd round that we cut awhile ago. We should cut our losses with KC too, or just have him as a backup. I don't think there is any demand for him anyway.

And we drafted some other bum in the 3rd round that we cut awhile ago. We should cut our losses with KC too, or just have him as a backup. I don't think there is any demand for him anyway.

what happened to Ainge the other night I didn`t see he out there

what happened to Ainge the other night I didn`t see he out there

He had 3 hand offs, last 3 plays of the game.

Ainge is being set up to be this year's Bret Ratliff.

How I got hip to Ratliff last year was in a TC report that JetCane had written. To paraphrase jetcane said the kid had a very strong arm and was accurate. I watched for him in games, and he never played. Figured he was gone. He made the PS. The CS hid him.

Ainge is getting almost no time. They might be trying to sneak him onto the PS. Don't think they will get away with it. Ainge is a well know SEC QB, who has been inconsistent. He was good value at 5. He'll get claimed.

He is off offseason surgery on his throwing hand. I think the Jets best bet is to IR him. That way they can protect both Clemens and Ratliff, to see if either of them is the future.

Archived