tailgating : JETS PLAN CRACKDOWN ON GATE D ~ ~ ~

kelly

JETS PLAN CRACKDOWN ON GATE D

Posted by Michael David Smith on August 12, 2008, 2:09 p.m.

During the 2007 season, the rowdy behavior of fans at Jets games became the subject of national scrutiny. A New York Times article about fans who congregated on the spiral staircase near Gate D at the Meadowlands to yell at women to lift their shirts was particularly embarrassing to the league.Now there is a plan to make sure the practice is put to a halt. According to an Associated Press story that SI.com is running under the headline

Five hours isn't enough?

Most games start at 1 pm, that would be 8 am instead of 6 am.

Even a 4pm game is 11 am (instead of 9 am)

The only way I could see it being an issue would be a Sunday night game when you might want to arrive at the parking lot a bit before 1 pm, set up the TV and and watch the 1 and 4 pm games in the lot before going into the game. How many of these do the Jets play?

Really?

I'll be Humatia a week from Tuesday...

Hmmm.... :baby:

Of course all Brazilian women don't look like those stunning twins, but--over the years--most of the females I've met from there have been hot. Have fun, but be careful and safe. We want stories and pix upon your return. V

the only thing those twins are missing is a good agent.

I might argue a body part of mine, but--failing that--you are correct.:) I sent the link to my wife at work yesterday after saying that one has never seen Olympic athletes that look like those gorgeous women. It took all of 10 seconds on her screen when a male co-worker stopped dead in his tracks and said literally, "Whoa, who are they?" Next thing you know, most of the office--men and women--are discussing how amazing they are to look at. They just hit the genetic lottery. Imagine that one egg created such perfection. Guaranteed they will be in Playboy or the new "web gals" after the olympics.

i hope you are all joking,

i for one think it is a great idea. i am tired of having to deal with a bunch of idiots everytime i go to a game. it is pretty sad that i cannot take my little brothers or sisters or my faincee to a game without a crap load of problems. no one has the right to be a jackass at a game. but everyone should be able to go without being harassed by a bunch of drunken idiots.

i for one think it is a great idea. i am tired of having to deal with a bunch of idiots everytime i go to a game. it is pretty sad that i cannot take my little brothers or sisters or my faincee to a game without a crap load of problems. no one has the right to be a jackass at a game. but everyone should be able to go without being harassed by a bunch of drunken idiots.

I agree 100%. Anything that is done to make the game easier to watch, I am all for. There are a lot of distractions and it just takes away from the game itself.

I agree 100%. Anything that is done to make the game easier to watch, I am all for. There are a lot of distractions and it just takes away from the game itself.

Exactly. If I want to go watch a bunch of drunk people act like idiots, i would go to a frat party. i go to a football game to watch football! And I would like to enjoy the game.

Unfortunately that seems to be too much to ask sometimes.

Agreed 100%. I like titties as much as the next guy, but seeing drunks calling out names degrading women etc, is not my idea of a good time.

Would love to see these rules implemented in places like Philly Wash and Oak

you may get your wish pretty quickly. the league is definitely pushing this issue. just a week or two ago pittsburgh put some rules in place as well and you wouldn't believe the backlash against it. i really hope it gets cleaned up. i used to love going to games, but the last time i went i brought my girlfriend and little brother and sister and we got beer spilled on us and the lady in the row in front of us got so drunk she pissed herself.

it will be interesting to see how this is handled just because of the amount of money spent on beer inside of the stadium. As much as I agree it has gotten out of control will just be interesting to see who they make examples of

it will be interesting to see how this is handled just because of the amount of money spent on beer inside of the stadium. As much as I agree it has gotten out of control will just be interesting to see who they make examples of

hopefully not the love pillows

I might argue a body part of mine, but--failing that--you are correct.:) I sent the link to my wife at work yesterday after saying that one has never seen Olympic athletes that look like those gorgeous women. It took all of 10 seconds on her screen when a male co-worker stopped dead in his tracks and said literally, "Whoa, who are they?" Next thing you know, most of the office--men and women--are discussing how amazing they are to look at. They just hit the genetic lottery. Imagine that one egg created such perfection. Guaranteed they will be in Playboy or the new "web gals" after the olympics.

or maybe a "great taste", "less filling" commercial. :)

Archived