Dolphins Impressive For 2nd Straight Week

Aqua4ever04

I'm trying to temper my excitement, but it's hard when we look at how much the Dolphins have improved in just one year. Last week our first team beat the Jags 10-0 and this week our first team beat the Chiefs 17-0. We're really dominating opponents and although the Chiefs are a very bad team, we handled them with ease.

The offensive line looks fabulous, Ricky looks like 2002 Ricky, the run defense is 100 times better, our pressure is better than a year ago, the secondary play has improved and our special teams look great with Teddy Ginn leading the charge.

And oh yeah, we finally have a competant quarterback.

I don't want to sound like too much of a homer but I would really like to know your guys' honest feelings about opening day. Do you still view it as a automatic win?

Please remember my sig, I don't want smack, just an honest perspective from a rival opponent.

Here are the highlights.

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80a3aeb1

Box score

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter?game_id=29825&season=2008&displayPage=tab_gamecenter

I'm looking for a very physical, hard fought game that is decided in the 4th quarter.

It isn't an automatic win. Such a thing doesn't exist in the NFL today.

But the Jets sacked the Giants 8 times tonight. So Jets fans are feeling pretty good right now.

:)

Really? Wow, that's impressive, the Giants line is pretty solid most of the time. How many of those came against the first team?

I saw you guys didn't score any points early and you also took out Umenyiora.

God I hope Pennington stays healthy.

It was vs the Chiefs...

And with the 1st pick in the 2009 NFL draft Herm Edwards selects Usain Bolt, WR Jamaica:rl:

Well most of you guys would consider the Dolphins one of the worst teams in the NFL, correct?

How often does a bottom feeder whoop someone like that? I don't care who we played, good teams take care of weaker teams and we did that in a cake walk tonight.

here's my take - preseason means absolutely nothing.

the dolphins look much improved, but don't forget that week 1 teams start gameplanning chadwick and his lack of arm. if a team can take away the middle of the field chad is done b/c he can't get the ball to the sideline.

week 1 is going to be a tough test for the jets. it will probably be about 90 degrees at gametime and chadwick has huge chip on his shoulder. if the jets can get out in front the game will be over. if the phins can keep it close through 3 qtrs they will have a chance in the 4th.

and preseason means absolutely nothing.

Well most of you guys would consider the Dolphins one of the worst teams in the NFL, correct?

How often does a bottom feeder whoop someone like that? I don't care who we played, good teams take care of weaker teams and we did that in a cake walk tonight.

I was mocking the Chiefs...The Phins will be better this year...Probably a 5 win team

Manning was sacked 3 times. We got Carr 4 times, but he's David Carr so that might not mean that much.

Still, 3 sacks in a half against the Giants is pretty good imo. We did a good job of stopping them on defense.

We still expect to win the game, but as was said, no such thing as an automatic win in the NFL. The Fins could be a lot better this year than I thought they would be, but with Favre right now I think we have different goals. We're really looking to win it all this year, whereas I think the Fins are looking to be maybe a WC team. We can't really lose to you guys to get where we want to go.

I'm trying to temper my excitement, but it's hard when we look at how much the Dolphins have improved in just one year. Last week our first team beat the Jags 10-0 and this week our first team beat the Chiefs 17-0. We're really dominating opponents and although the Chiefs are a very bad team, we handled them with ease.

The offensive line looks fabulous, Ricky looks like 2002 Ricky, the run defense is 100 times better, our pressure is better than a year ago, the secondary play has improved and our special teams look great with Teddy Ginn leading the charge.

I don't want to sound like too much of a homer but I would really like to know your guys' honest feelings about opening day. Do you still view it as a automatic win?

Please remember my sig, I don't want smack, just an honest perspective from a rival opponent.

Here are the highlights.

Box score

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter?game_id=29825&season=2008&displayPage=tab_gamecenter

I'm looking for a very physical, hard fought game that is decided in the 4th quarter.

crack kills

They've certainly looked very good I'll give you that. I have changed my stance on week 1. Before you guys had John Beck as your starting QB, you've upgraded in a big way even if it is Pennington. I had completely forgotten about Williams, he REALLY worries me for week 1, especially if Brown is healthy enough to form a 1-2 punch. No, I do not see it as an automatic win, I still think we will win and I would be shocked if we do not....But I'm not taking anything for granted.

Not as horrible as Matt Leinart (Who Oakland picked off 3 times), good God he was awful.

And people wanted to trade up for him. Others were saying him sliding to 10 or whatever it was would be a mistake for the 9 teams that didn't take him.

When Denny Green is the only person that thinks someone is going to be great, you know what, maybe that person won't be great.

And people wanted to trade up for him. Others were saying him sliding to 10 or whatever it was would be a mistake for the 9 teams that didn't take him.

When Denny Green is the only person that thinks someone is going to be great, you know what, maybe that person won't be great.

But Pete Prisco said we made the biggest mistake in franchise history. How could he of all people be wrong?:roll:

Warner should be starting week 1 for the Crads.

Really? Wow, that's impressive, the Giants line is pretty solid most of the time. How many of those came against the first team?

We didn't score but we had some stupid penalties that prevented us from doing so. One came on a 49 yard TD from Favre to Cotch and it had no affect on the outcome of the play whatsoever. Our running game continues to suck, while Favre has been very impressive. Hopefully the penalties are fixed by week 1.

Hey Aqua,

I scooped Ginn Jr. up off waivers in my FF league. Can you tell me a little about his performance tonight?

thanks.

I grabbed him too... as a 5th WR... I have Kevin Curtis on IR..... picked up Ginn...

LOL at the bet you have going with Ghost.

I have a bet with crashingjet:

If the Jets win 5 games or more, he will have a Joe Namath sig for a year, if they don't I'll have a Dan Marino sig for a year.

That kid is screwed.:lol:

I grabbed him too... as a 5th WR... I have Kevin Curtis on IR..... picked up Ginn...

In my league W/R players get return yards and TDs in addition to their offensive contributions... Last year I had Leon and Cribbs and snuck into the playoffs with that strategy.

This year, I drafted Wilford in the 7th thinking he would be the WR1/2 for Miami but apparently it's going to be Ginn Jr. and Hagan. I had my choice of both on waiver wire since its a Jets focused league. I took Ginn Jr.

I also got Ricky Williams in the 9th round--he's looking like he'll be the steal of the draft. Just don't want to play either in week-1 (if you know what I mean ;)

Here are the highlights.

Box score

It's pre-season.

That simple.

So do Jet fans. A healthy Pennington insures 2 wins for the Jets against the Phins

Preseason, dude. Preaseason.

Now, having said that, beating a Herm coached team in Preseason does mean more than beating any other team, because the gameplanning is the same. However, when teams begin to stack 8 in the box against Pennington, and can send 5 and still get to the QB rather quickly while still leaving enough DB's to have a man deep to stop the lob, good luck.

Trust me on this one, teams play THE most vanilla type of defense possible against Penny in preseason. Then when the season rolls around and teams start gameplanning, he reverts back to his avg. at best status.

Hey Aqua,

I scooped Ginn Jr. up off waivers in my FF league. Can you tell me a little about his performance tonight?

thanks.

Brilliant move. Ginn is going to score multiple times on returns alone. Tonight he had an outstanding 60 yard punt return for a TD.

As for his receiving stats, he played the first half each of the last two weeks and put together the following stats.

7 catches 87 yards and a return TD. (Should've had a 44 yard catch to go with it but the refs made a bad call.)

He's a lot better at getting off the line and has polished his route running. I'm so excited about having him on the Dolphins.

We didn't score but we had some stupid penalties that prevented us from doing so. One came on a 49 yard TD from Favre to Cotch and it had no affect on the outcome of the play whatsoever. Our running game continues to suck, while Favre has been very impressive. Hopefully the penalties are fixed by week 1.

Ugh, you and us both. We desperately need to clean up our penalties, I think we had 9 today. One penalty was an illegal formation on a punt where we forced a fumble and recovered. Getting that wiped out because we couldn't line up right really ticked me off.

You guys are going to need to find a more consistent running attack, run defense appears to be our most improved unit.

Preseason, dude. Preaseason.

Now, having said that, beating a Herm coached team in Preseason does mean more than beating any other team, because the gameplanning is the same. However, when teams begin to stack 8 in the box against Pennington, and can send 5 and still get to the QB rather quickly while still leaving enough DB's to have a man deep to stop the lob, good luck.

Trust me on this one, teams play THE most vanilla type of defense possible against Penny in preseason. Then when the season rolls around and teams start gameplanning, he reverts back to his avg. at best status.

That seems like a mighty big cop out. We had no problem getting to the quarterback tonight (5 sacks, forced/recovered fumble and an INT.) And when Pennington felt pressure he did fine delievering it (on one instance he took a hit and threw a perfect 22 yard TD pass.)

Of the 17 points when Chad was in, 7 was on a punt return, and 3 were courtesy of the running game. The other TD was after a fumble, giving them a short field, and Penny through a lob over the middle, his specialty, that Fasano took in. Hopefully, our D knows not to let Chad throw over the middle because that is the only place he can be effective.

Archived