Dolphins Impressive For 2nd Straight Week

Aqua4ever04

I'm trying to temper my excitement, but it's hard when we look at how much the Dolphins have improved in just one year. Last week our first team beat the Jags 10-0 and this week our first team beat the Chiefs 17-0. We're really dominating opponents and although the Chiefs are a very bad team, we handled them with ease.

The offensive line looks fabulous, Ricky looks like 2002 Ricky, the run defense is 100 times better, our pressure is better than a year ago, the secondary play has improved and our special teams look great with Teddy Ginn leading the charge.

And oh yeah, we finally have a competant quarterback.

I don't want to sound like too much of a homer but I would really like to know your guys' honest feelings about opening day. Do you still view it as a automatic win?

Please remember my sig, I don't want smack, just an honest perspective from a rival opponent.

Here are the highlights.

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80a3aeb1

Box score

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter?game_id=29825&season=2008&displayPage=tab_gamecenter

I'm looking for a very physical, hard fought game that is decided in the 4th quarter.

I hate to say this, but these games don't mean all that much in terms of how your season is going to go. The jets have had years where they won every pre season game and sucked the whole season and vice versa. So I wouldn't put too much into the starting team did this and that. They are never going to show the other team in the pre season everything. However, they are looking pretty good from what I've seen since Chad has been there. I do have one question though. Are you one of those phin fans that bashed the jets and chad every chance you got? Cause if you are, and are now praising your team because of Chad, you're a hypocritical mother.

I'm trying to temper my excitement, but it's hard when we look at how much the Dolphins have improved in just one year. Last week our first team beat the Jags 10-0 and this week our first team beat the Chiefs 17-0. We're really dominating opponents and although the Chiefs are a very bad team, we handled them with ease.

The offensive line looks fabulous, Ricky looks like 2002 Ricky, the run defense is 100 times better, our pressure is better than a year ago, the secondary play has improved and our special teams look great with Teddy Ginn leading the charge.

And oh yeah, we finally have a competant quarterback.

I don't want to sound like too much of a homer but I would really like to know your guys' honest feelings about opening day. Do you still view it as a automatic win?

Please remember my sig, I don't want smack, just an honest perspective from a rival opponent.

Here are the highlights.

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80a3aeb1

Box score

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter?game_id=29825&season=2008&displayPage=tab_gamecenter

I'm looking for a very physical, hard fought game that is decided in the 4th quarter.

I am happy for your excitement. That's the great thing about the NFL. Teams can turn things around quickly. Just like I think the Jets are going to do having gone 4-12 last year.

But don't put too much stock in pre-season. Take it from someone who has been watching this stuff for over 40 years. You can see indications of what kind of season individuals may have, but judging team results can be very misleading. Even if you only pay attention to what the first teamers are doing, which you correctly have.

I am happy for your excitement. That's the great thing about the NFL. Teams can turn things around quickly. Just like I think the Jets are going to do having gone 4-12 last year.

But don't put too much stock in pre-season. Take it from someone who has been watching this stuff for over 40 years. You can see indications of what kind of season individuals may have, but judging team results can be very misleading. Even if you only pay attention to what the first teamers are doing, which you correctly have.

Well put. I love the pre-season, but you can never count on doing well even if your first team is lights out. In the Jets case I'm optimistic. Not because they are 2-1, but because Favre seems to be fitting in pretty well so far.

That seems like a mighty big cop out. We had no problem getting to the quarterback tonight (5 sacks, forced/recovered fumble and an INT.) And when Pennington felt pressure he did fine delievering it (on one instance he took a hit and threw a perfect 22 yard TD pass.)

Does it? There's a reason Pennington always does better in TC/Preseason then the reg. season you know.

Good job with the pass rush btw, even though the Chiefs also have one of the worst OL's in the league. There's no doubt you guys are going to be better this year than the last couple of years, and I understand your optimism because of that. However, IMHO, you still have no shot at really competing for even a WC spot yet. In your division, you are still the worst team, and although you are no longer THE worst team in the AFC (Chiefs), you are still bottom 10 IMO.

My prediction for the DolphinsL 6-10

Wins:

Arizona

Oakland

KC

SF

Houston

Buffalo

I have been watching the NFL since late 1950s..and guess what...Preseason means nadda...

nadda

nadda

Jets and Dolphs could both suck or over achieve in regualr season,,but whatever they do, you wont be able to trace it to anything thats seen in preseason when teams dont open thier REAL playbooks...

trust me...

I have been watching the NFL since late 1950s..and guess what...Preseason means nadda...

nadda

nadda

Jets and Dolphs could both suck or over achieve in regualr season,,but whatever they do, you wont be able to trace it to anything thats seen in preseason when teams dont open thier REAL playbooks...

trust me...

Couldn't agree more, but damn it's nice to win something :D

Couldn't agree more, but damn it's nice to win something :D

hell ya,,its always great to win...:D

its just kind of funny when some people read too much into games where not only the starters are not playing all game or in many cases not puttin oput 100%, BUT, also where vanilla schemes are beoing shown..

Well put. I love the pre-season, but you can never count on doing well even if your first team is lights out. In the Jets case I'm optimistic. Not because they are 2-1, but because Favre seems to be fitting in pretty well so far.

Agreed... He seems to be scooping up the playbook rather well for somebody thats only been with the team for 2 weeks thus far. I also am impressed by the raport he already has seemed to develop with Dustin Keller and Jerricho Cotchery. Throw in his physical attributes, and Im really excited to see him in a JETS uniform this season.

As we all know, the 3rd preseason game is the one most teams gear to having as their full-scale opening day roster going for 3 or 3 quarters. The Fins came to play. The Chief, run by that dynamic force of total silliness named Herman Edwards, came to, I dunno, what the eff is it this moron has ever done in training camp? I haven't a clue, and neither does he.

Any time you have an organization that has Parcells as part of it playing another with Herman Edwards as part of it, go with Parcells. Now, I expect that the Fins are going to be bad too, but they'll get better. And any team playing them is gonna have to play hard and smart. Even with a lack of talent, they will be well-coached, they will no longer beat themselves and nonhackers will be weeded out. Which is almost the exact opposite of Edwards' MO.

This season will again show that Herman Edwards is the biggest gaping a___hole f___tard ever to receive a weekly check for any NFL coaching position. I daresay RicH Kotite isn't even in the coversation; it's Edwards all by his lonesome. The Chiefs are going to be very bad; jump on their dog lines and give them points in Septmber because by Thnakgiving they will be getting 2 and 3 TDs every week.

Imo, there is no doubt in my mind that the Dolphins will be much improved this season. The will play hard, and smart and win 8 or 9 games because of it as long as Chad stays healthy. If he doesn't they will win about 6 or 7 games - but still play hard and smart football. With Parcells in charge you definitly have something to look forward to Fins fans.

Really? Wow, that's impressive, the Giants line is pretty solid most of the time. How many of those came against the first team?

I saw you guys didn't score any points early and you also took out Umenyiora.

God I hope Pennington stays healthy.

God cant keep Penny healthy...and enjoy Preseason as much as u can...

The only discernable talent Herman Edwards has is playing office politics. This sounds very familiar. Telling pets in the media how he's doing a great job, feeding them crap with free access, and not doing anything in his actual job of coaching football.

This could be Peterson

Of the 17 points when Chad was in, 7 was on a punt return, and 3 were courtesy of the running game. The other TD was after a fumble, giving them a short field, and Penny through a lob over the middle, his specialty, that Fasano took in. Hopefully, our D knows not to let Chad throw over the middle because that is the only place he can be effective.

I don't think it's possible to nitpick more than that. On the opening drive, Chad extended us on 3rd down on two seperate occasions, he played a big role in that drive.

Ted Ginn is allowed to return punts in the regular season as well, it's going to happen a few times.

On the TD drive Chad actually threw 2 TDs. The first one was ruled incomplete (although it was a catch) and then Chad just said to hell with it and threw another.

Chad was great, the OL was great, Ricky was great, Ted Ginn was great, and the defense was PHENOMENAL!

I don't think it's possible to nitpick more than that. On the opening drive, Chad extended us on 3rd down on two seperate occasions, he played a big role in that drive.

Ted Ginn is allowed to return punts in the regular season as well, it's going to happen a few times.

On the TD drive Chad actually threw 2 TDs. The first one was ruled incomplete (although it was a catch) and then Chad just said to hell with it and threw another.

Chad was great, the OL was great, Ricky was great, Ted Ginn was great, and the defense was PHENOMENAL!

Good for you.

I understand you haven't won anything in the past 4 or 5 or 6 years, but you're bragging about a week 3 preseason game against the joke of the NFL (KC), like you just won a SB.

The reg. season is all that matters. If you're so sure that your team is so great based on 2 preseason performances... Will you be sticking around Sept. 7th and afterwards, or are you going to disappear again into the nothingness that is the Dolphin fanbase?

Good for you.

I understand you haven't won anything in the past 4 or 5 or 6 years, but you're bragging about a week 3 preseason game against the joke of the NFL (KC), like you just won a SB.

The reg. season is all that matters. If you're so sure that your team is so great based on 2 preseason performances... Will you be sticking around Sept. 7th and afterwards, or are you going to disappear again into the nothingness that is the Dolphin fanbase?

I always come back. Win lose or draw. I'm not trying to turn this into smack but you're sure headed for that road, huh?

I always come back. Win lose or draw. I'm not trying to turn this into smack but you're sure headed for that road, huh?

Well you started a topic on a Jets board about how good the Dolphins look in preseason... So if you're really not trying to start smack, what exactly are you doing?

If you always come back, I'll talk to you in a few weeks, I'll be here.

All will be right back in Miami once the Jets come down and throttle them like lately. Either we'll win big or take a big lead and let them rack up a couple hundred yards and 15 points against our Prevent Defense to make it look like a close game.

Let them celebrate one efficient touchdown drive against the NFL powerhouse that is the Kansas City Chiefs. Congrats Miami, you're better than KC (this was known before this game).

Just starting this thread was smack. You'll be put in your place in about 2 weeks when it's for real. Pre season don't mean diddly squat as they say in Alabama. ::GoJets:

Just starting this thread was smack. You'll be put in your place in about 2 weeks when it's for real. Pre season don't mean diddly squat as they say in Alabama. ::GoJets:

Everything and anything any rival teams fan/poster says is smack or trolling in your eyes. I could find thousands of your posts that just say the word ''troll'', it's almost as repetitive as TX saying ''noodle arm''. :lol:

Aqua is ok, he's not a troll.

Really? Wow, that's impressive, the Giants line is pretty solid most of the time. How many of those came against the first team?

Osi caught his cleat in the field turf--he wasn't hurt on a block.

nadda

nadda

trust me...

I trust you, you old turd.

i would say by halftime Calvin Pace will be wiping Chad's blood off of his uniform, while chad will be in his lockerroom begging the trainer to take the dismembered arm and sew it back on so he can get back out there.

Everything and anything any rival teams fan/poster says is smack or trolling in your eyes. I could find thousands of your posts that just say the word ''troll'', it's almost as repetitive as TX saying ''noodle arm''. :lol:

Aqua is ok, he's not a troll.

Thanks, a lot, I appreciate that. I really don't get how trying to discuss your team's biggest rival and week 1 opponent is smack.

Archived