Who's EXCITED About This Jets Team? Check In Here

SoFlaJets

How can you not be excited, before the Favre trade I thought the Jets would win between 7-9 games now I think they should win between 10-12 wins I think the Pathetics* should win between 11-13. What this means is the Jets should be contending in the AFC East.:thumbup:

before the Favre trade I wasn't juiced at all-in fact this was the first time in over a decade that I wasn't. Hell even our buddy (and one of the resident Pats fans) Gainzo yelled at me in a PM to get pumped up for my team-he saw it...I just wasn't...now with Brett throwing the ball and the Jets with a whole different mindset I am more excited than almost ever-at least since the summer of 1999

great post SoFla. the fanbase is like a friggin volcano ready to explode opening day (the home opener week 2 is going to be insane).

thank you mike tannenbaum. back in february i was hoping he could sign at least one good free agent and draft a couple of good prospects. :rl: maybe helping us build something that could allow us to compete in 2 or 3 years. tannenbaum should get the MVGM (most valuable GM) award this year. he's addressed every team need we had (with the exception of safety... and lowery is a keeper. he's already got Revis' endorsement which is good enough for me).

For me though the main thing about this year hits early in week 2. contrary to media opinion i think this jets team is ready to compete for the division.

everyone is talking about chemistry. so let's say this team puts it together. how good can they be? what's this team's upside? can they compete with the patriots, chargers and seahawks? they can, but nobody wants to say it yet. so i'm not going to wait until it happens. i'll say it now. perfect season. ;) you're smiling now. you know that would be sweet. could you find a better dagger to put through bill belichicks heart.

I have been watching these PS games and then watching Jets Nation every week and I have to tell you my fellow Jets fans that THIS YEAR'S SQUAD is perhaps the best I've seen since the Super Bowl year...we have guys who are going to be cut in a week or two who would have made the team last year-I mean we are DEEP

Bro - I'm as excited as I can possibly be and it all started at 6:05 in the morning on 8/7/08 when I woke up to ESPN announcing the signing of Farve with the formal sh!tcanning of James Chadwick Pennington due by early afternoon. I grabbed the bowser dog and started dancing around the room with her - all before a sip of coffee.

Since then things have continued to get better daily and now we hear that Westhoff is coming back - we're seeing real pass plays executed - The D is looking like it has the potential to be dominating.

That said -

A.) I'm a Cub fan - nothing, absolutely nothing, is a sure thing.

B.) 98 was looking like a cant miss either even up to halftime vs. Denver

But - I havent had a lot of times in my life where it felt wonderful to be a Jet fan. Today - it feels wonderful to be a Jet fan.

This is the first time in a pretty long time I think the Jets have a good chance at the division title. Im not a blind homer. We need to show we can consistantly run the ball and consistantly stop the run, but I think will be improved on both fronts there. The passing game and pass rush on defense look like they are a light year ahead of what it was last season. This 08 team is much much better than last years 07 team imo, and last years team was in a lot of games.. Also our schedule looks to be much easier this year. Love the Dwight Lowery move to starting CB. Like the way Jenkins and Pace are playing so far. Those additions and a full year of Harris should go a long way to improving on where we were after mid season in 07. Its not a coicidance that the Jets defense immediately improved last season after Harris was inserted into the starting lineup. Im most excited about what Brett F can do for the passing game. We havent seen the full potential of either Coles or Cotchery because theyve been limited their whole careers by the likes of Pennington, Ramsey(in washington), and Clemens. The Jets have a great addition in Keller. They needed a big fast reciever that could stretch field, Keller gives them the kind of weapon that NE has struggled with in the past. Hes too big for their secondary to handle, and can handle guys like Vrabel, Mayo(who is going to be great for them btw), and Thomas with his speed downfield. The running game has not looked as well as I would have liked, but I really feel that if T.Jones struggles, Mangini wont be afraid to shake up the depth chart. A scenario where Washington and Chatman are getting more carries than Jones wouldnt shock me at some point in the season. Overall its looking that a lot of what the Jets did on paper is transitioning to the field well, and Im excited for the prospects.

PS- Im a Ratliff fan for 09. Sometimes you can just tell when a player is a good one

Never fails the patsy fans trying to be more retarded than the dolfag fans, and they just may have past them with this one.

Did these 2 retards just post a picture of a guy filming the Jets side line and say that the Jets were cheating because of it.

Can anybody be this stupid?

Stupid question OF COURSE every patsy fan here is, why would the Jets film their own side line and how is that cheating?

Damaging evidence is right, that guy obviously works for beliscum, you know the only coach fined on the only team fined for CHEATING!!!

I'm already excited about this season... it's my first as a Jets fan. I think your (our) team has a lot of great talent, and if the chemistry develops as I hope it will, I think this could truly be a great season.

No offense but how could you change team loyalties just because they traded a QB to that team??

I love having Big Ben as my QB but it would be a cold day in hell if i'd stop rooting my Steelers on if he got traded. I just don't understand that thinking. :confused:

I think JETS running game is still suspect, even now that defenses cant put 9 in the box JETS running game is struggleing. I like the JETS defense they are making plays and getting to the QB and its going to get better when VG gets going.

sometimes you use the run to open up the pass and sometimes you gotta use the pass to open up the run

No offense but how could you change team loyalties just because they traded a QB to that team??

I love having Big Ben as my QB but it would be a cold day in hell if i'd stop rooting my Steelers on if he got traded. I just don't understand that thinking. :confused:

I agree, it's totally ridiculous!

I agree, it's totally ridiculous!

Joe Namath was my idol all through High School and when he was traded to The Rams-I stayed a Jets fan and sort of just watched him with a little bit of sadness. Sort of like when your favorite artist puts out a crappy album-you may buy the album but never listen to it (hello Bruce since The Rising)

before the Favre trade I wasn't juiced at all-in fact this was the first time in over a decade that I wasn't. Hell even our buddy (and one of the resident Pats fans) Gainzo yelled at me in a PM to get pumped up for my team-he saw it...I just wasn't...now with Brett throwing the ball and the Jets with a whole different mindset I am more excited than almost ever-at least since the summer of 1999

Good to see you back to normal SoFla. :D

sometimes you use the run to open up the pass and sometimes you gotta use the pass to open up the run

Just Like Favre did against seattle when Grant was sucking and all the sudden favre took over that game and Grant woke up and was a beast.

We should see a lot of that this year. I dont see Jones opening up this passing game with his running skills..

Just Like Favre did against seattle when Grant was sucking and all the sudden favre took over that game and Grant woke up and was a beast.

We should see a lot of that this year. I dont see Jones opening up this passing game with his running skills..

I'll tell you guys what-Thomas Jones might not even BE the starting runningback by November-I see either Leon or Jesse Chatman as better options-right NOW

Grant was not the running back when Green Bay's running game was 'sucking'.

in the playoffs he fumbled twice and looked horrible than favre started to throw and grant ended up having a solid game.

It was his first playoff game, it was probably nerves that caused the fumbles more than anything else. Grant was great throughout the 2nd half of last season and had a great game vs Seattle in the playoffs. To put it all on Favre is ridiculous.

I have been watching these PS games and then watching Jets Nation every week and I have to tell you my fellow Jets fans that THIS YEAR'S SQUAD is perhaps the best I've seen since the Super Bowl year...we have guys who are going to be cut in a week or two who would have made the team last year-I mean we are DEEP

Yeah, the only question I have is will Nugent be an accurate kicker come the opener? I believe he will, but he's not doing much now.

I don't think the run ever really opens up the pass. Not the way people mean at any rate. What the run can do is set tempo. It helps you to block the pass rush, which can eat you alive otherwise. That's why in big games I have no complaints if the offense opens up with 3 straight runs and a 3 and out. I mean yeah I'd like something better, but I can live with that. The pass actually opens up running lanes, the run just slows down the pass rush, but you still need to make those pass plays. The play action is great and all, but elite defenses tend not to bite. That's kind of why we'd always get a great playfake from Chad and then a freaking dumpoff.

Archived