Who's EXCITED About This Jets Team? Check In Here

SoFlaJets

I have been watching these PS games and then watching Jets Nation every week and I have to tell you my fellow Jets fans that THIS YEAR'S SQUAD is perhaps the best I've seen since the Super Bowl year...we have guys who are going to be cut in a week or two who would have made the team last year-I mean we are DEEP

I have been watching these PS games and then watching Jets Nation every week and I have to tell you my fellow Jets fans that THIS YEAR'S SQUAD is perhaps the best I've seen since the Super Bowl year...we have guys who are going to be cut in a week or two who would have made the team last year-I mean we are DEEP

If we can stay healthy , I have to say it`s been a long-long time since I`ve felt this excited about how good this team has looked so far ,Woody & Tananbaum deserve a lot of credit for putting this team together this season.

Personally i dont think the defense has looked that good this preseason. And the offense hasnt been outstanding either. Didnt we punt 4 times and not get 1 point in the first half with Favre?

Im not saying this team sucks, but we dont look that great as of now.

me,,but,,,

been there , done that :(

Personally i dont think the defense has looked that good this preseason. And the offense hasnt been outstanding either. Didnt we punt 4 times and not get 1 point in the first half with Favre?

Didn't the other team punt as well? What are you watching? What are you looking for? This is pr season and for the most part, this team is very good and barring an unforeseen, will only get better as we get into the regular season. This Thursday night we will not see any starters playing. We will only see secondary and practice squad players trying not to be cut. Teams must cut players this week. I have real good feelings about this team and I am anticipating a winning season. Playoff bound and beyond! -- Go Jets! --:Nuts:

OK, we were playing the SB Champions, held there offense to a grand total of 0 points and sacked their starting QB three times despite the fact that they have a great O-line.

You're right, that's not that good.:confused0058:

The main problem with the first team offense was penalties, Favre looked outstanding on two throws that were called back. That could have been 10 points at least right there. Now I'm not saying that the penalties are a good thing, but at least we're being shown flashes of greatness from this passing game. Protection has been great, Throwing has been great and the recieving (At least from Favre) has been great. no complaints from me on that regard.

The running game is my only major concern at this point, I'm presuming the pealties will be fixed with time.

The Defense is FAST! and flying to the ball!

Your Grandbbabies are cute as all get out. Maybe they aren't harbingers of doom after all. Haha, the best avatar ever was GreenBeans daughter looking all teed off in her flip-flops. That ruled. Bring it back!

thanks Jet-o...that's 50% of them (cousins Madison and Cristian) and we have another on the way...I'll tell you though, they wear me and FlJetsgirl out

I agree 100%, I think our defense will be one of the best in the league. This is the first time i can remember the pocket caving in instead of our line disappearing from the camera. What 8 sacks? Stuffing the run.

Yes, it's preseason, but Kris Jenkins has changed this entire defense, add to that the fact that MANY,MANY experts are saying Harris has the upside to be a probowler for the next ten years, he's that good! Add our current probowler Rhodes and I think we know the rest of the cast.

And that's the side of the ball that's getting NO press, which is great, just let them work!

If there's ONE weak spot, to me, it's how quickly Favre can pick up this offense, I've heard every one of his interviews and press conferences and it seems he's having a more difficult time then expected, but he's making steady progress. He's already starting to get comfortable with Cotch, who will be our top reciever, I think he'll be fine. Too bad we have a tough first four games, but I still see at least 10 wins.

I see exactly what you're seeing, SoFla, and I'm liking it!

This is clearly the best team we've had since the 1998 and 1999 seasons but we arn't deep everywhere. One injury on the Offensive Line or Wide Receiver and we can be royaly screwed.

But yes Jimmy I am very, very excited for this season to begin and as I've said before I expect at absolute worst a 10-6 squad but I would think this team has enough talent for a 12-4 run.

I agree 100%, I think our defense will be one of the best in the league. This is the first time i can remember the pocket caving in instead of our line disappearing from the camera. What 8 sacks? Stuffing the run.

Yes, it's preseason, but Kris Jenkins has changed this entire defense, add to that the fact that MANY,MANY experts are saying Harris has the upside to be a probowler for the next ten years, he's that good! Add our current probowler Rhodes and I think we know the rest of the cast.

And that's the side of the ball that's getting NO press, which is great, just let them work!

If there's ONE weak spot, to me, it's how quickly Favre can pick up this offense, I've heard every one of his interviews and press conferences and it seems he's having a more difficult time then expected, but he's making steady progress. He's already starting to get comfortable with Cotch, who will be our top reciever, I think he'll be fine. Too bad we have a tough first four games, but I still see at least 10 wins.

I see exactly what you're seeing, SoFla, and I'm liking it!

it's sort of like baseball; when you're strong up the middle you have a good chance to do something-hey believe or not but Eric Barton has slimmed down and has been playing real good alongside Harris too.

As for Favre-they're gonna have to simplify the offense a little bit-we don't need to be so ticky tacky with a guy who can deliver the ball-with Chad we had to try and gain every advantage with favre we don't have to do that as muc-we can play old school sandlot-which is fun football to play AND watch

This is clearly the best team we've had since the 1998 and 1999 seasons but we arn't deep everywhere. One injury on the Offensive Line or Wide Receiver and we can be royaly screwed.

But yes Jimmy I am very, very excited for this season to begin and as I've said before I expect at absolute worst a 10-6 squad but I would think this team has enough talent for a 12-4 run.

think good thoughts my brother....injuries can kill ANY team-just hope it isn't ours and maybe a certain division rival's turn instead-I'm not mentioning any names now Garb....

It's nice to see you guys excited. Overall you are a very knowledgable fan base and quite entertaining. It would be really cool to see you guys get a SB trophy.... Just not at my team's expense! lol

It's nice to see you guys excited. Overall you are a very knowledgable fan base and quite entertaining. It would be really cool to see you guys get a SB trophy.... Just not at my team's expense! lol

hey you've been here from the start Paul and you've seen us bleed for this team through stupid coaches and crappy QB play to finally being a part of the national conversation

the main reason this team is even better than the '99 team going in is this, one word; DEPTH...Parcells was totally unprepared for anything to happen to Vinny...right now we ARE ready, God forbid and all.....

sofla - i agree with you about the team, but i am trying to decide if it's homerism or realistic expectations. right now there are probably 20-25 teams that think they are contenders. it's so difficult to get a read on the team based on preseason even though i thought this team looked as good as i can remember in the giants preseason game (sans penalties of course).

Yes, it's preseason, but Kris Jenkins has changed this entire defense,

Real bullets havent even started to fly and youre already one of the best in the league?

The Jets have a bunch of unproven players in a totally new scheme. Wait unil teams begin to gameplan and attack the Jets defensive weakness. Every team has weak areas.

Trust me, things will go wrong. They will go wrong for NE and the Jets.

Real bullets havent even started to fly and youre already one of the best in the league?

The Jets have a bunch of unproven players in a totally new scheme. Wait unil teams begin to gameplan and attack the Jets defensive weakness. Every team has weak areas.

Trust me, things will go wrong. They will go wrong for NE and the Jets.

True, things will go wrong, as they will for every team. It's not entirely unrealistic to think the Jets could have a top D this season. Yes, a lot of things will need to go right but so far I've been very impressed with a lot of the players who were percieved as question marks entering the year (Jenkins, Pace, Lowery etc.).

I'm not saying we will be a top D, I'm not jumping to conclusions yet. I'm just saying it's not crazy to think we could be. There's a lot of talent on this defense.

I think the Jets will go as far as the Defense takes them.

If they step up and play well as a unit then they will be a playoff team.

If they don't then they will be an 8-8 team and won't be in the playoffs.

Forget Favre and the offense. If the Jets are going anywhere this season then the defense has to step up and not let teams run the ball down their throats like they have done the past 8 years.

Archived