Chad Johnson Is Now Officially Chad Ocho-Cinco

Mavrik

Report: Bengals' Chad legally adopts 'Ocho Cinco' as last name

CINCINNATI (AP) -- Maybe receiver Chad Johnson can go by the name that his head coach hates.

The Cincinnati Bengals receiver has legally changed his name to Chad Javon Ocho Cinco in Broward County, Fla., a switch that became official this week, according to several media reports. Johnson, who lives in Miami, didn't return a message left on his cell phone Friday night.

"It's something I don't think anyone has ever done before," he told the team's Web site. "Have I ever had a reason for why I do what I do? I'm having fun."

Two years ago, Johnson gave himself the moniker -- a reference in Spanish to his No. 85 -- and put it on the back of his uniform before a game. Quarterback Carson Palmer ripped it off before the kickoff. After the season, coach Marvin Lewis -- who dislikes Johnson's attention-getting stunts -- referred to the receiver as "Ocho Psycho."

Bengals spokesman Jack Brennan said the Bengals had no comment on the matter.

Johnson has been a concern for the Bengals this season. He unsuccessfully lobbied for a trade in the offseason, threatening to sit out if he didn't get his way. When the Bengals refused, he relented and showed up for minicamp, but complained that his right ankle was bothering him.

He had bone spurs removed from the ankle and was limited at the start of training camp. In the second preseason game, he landed awkwardly and temporarily dislocated his left shoulder. Johnson is wearing a harness and expects to play in the season opener against Baltimore.

In other news, another Chad changed his name in Broward County court. Chad Pennington is now known as Chad Noodle-Arm.

Chad is just f'ing awesome. Everything he does is hilarious and he puts on a good show while having solid season after solid season. Cannot wait to see the first game where he will legally have "Ocho Cinco" on the back of his jersey. Going to be greats. Screw you NFL, let the man have fun. This isn't going to be a trend where all NFL players are going to do this and if it were people would start turning the names down.

Jade uses clintonio.com . Oops, did I just give away someone's trade secrets?
No I would have told him, I've told others before.

Besides all you have to do to figure it out is right click the sig and select properties and it shows you the URL.

Not rocket science, but yeah you will now be known as a snitch. :P

Besides all you have to do to figure it out is right click the sig and select properties and it shows you the URL.

so now the Jets fans are snitches too.

yeah i knew about the site, i was just impressed that it would rotate the pics the way it did

I know, it's just more fun if I get to be a dick. :P

I only knew by going through the URL in Properties--LOL.

There goes my reputation I guess.

Why stop there? Chad should change his last name to Supercalifragilisticexpialoidocious and beat out his teammate T.J. Whateverhisnameis for the hardest name to fit on the back of a jersey ever.

I like Chad OchoCinco, but this smacks of desperation from him to try and keep his name ahead of his talent level. He is one bad stunt away from hanging out with Steve-O and Johnny Knoxville at this point.

I used to get a kick out of this guy. Then he wanted out so bad because he knows the Bengals are really headed in the wrong direction. With that not working out, he now is focused only on getting attention to himself. It is kind of sad.

what willhe name his children

for a boy... duo ocho-cinco? ( i think that is a strong name)

for a girl.. catorce ocho-cinco ( they can call her "cat" )

what if the kids stink at math.. how will that effect their self esteem?

If they are good at English, will he not mind if they change their name to "Hemingway Shakespeare-Stienbeck"?

How about chemistry... "Atom Proton-Neutron" ?

I used to get a kick out of this guy. Then he wanted out so bad because he knows the Bengals are really headed in the wrong direction. With that not working out, he now is focused only on getting attention to himself. It is kind of sad.

I wouldnt say its sad at all. The whole name change is about marketing. There are alot of suckers Opps, I mean people who will buy up Ocho Cinco stuff. He will definately make alot of money off this.

Archived