The Jets lead the league..

4HCrew

Because life goes on after this season believe it or not.

Ah so its written in stone that Favre will play only one season in New York? Thanks, I had no idea. I also had no idea that a showing against third stringers and guys who will be driving beer trucks starting Tuesday made him an effective Quarterback.

Stupid, stupid move. You can find your third string Quarterback for 2009 in Free Agency. Would've been much better off keeping another Safety or Caulcrick.

Ah so its written in stone that Favre will play only one season in New York? Thanks, I had no idea. I also had no idea that a showing against third stringers and guys who will be driving beer trucks starting Tuesday made him an effective Quarterback.

Stupid, stupid move. You can find your third string Quarterback for 2009 in Free Agency. Would've been much better off keeping another Safety or Caulcrick.

Actually, you'll find that was one of my main complaints over the Favre trade, know one has a ****ing clue (not even himself) over how long he will indeed play. Personally I think he'll retire after this season, but wouldn't be at all surprised to see him change his mind. This is the uncertainty that will be created when Brett Favre is at QB. we just don't know how long he's in it for.

You'll also find that I'm not buying into anything that Ratliff, Ainge or Clemens have done so far, but if Mangini think one of them will step up eventually then why risk losing him? We have no stability at all at QB in the long term despite the fact that things look so great right now, we better hope that one of these young guys is prepared to step up when Favre retires instead of having to start from scratch. IMO that may be Mangini's concern.

VERY fair point Irish... the Jets still do not have a franchise qb, Favre is a great short term band aid. My bet is that he comes back next year for a boat load of money. And next year he will start to take advantage of all of the off the field endorsements and ride off into the sunset

i know caulcrick was good in college, but the love for him now is a little strange. he's done nothing in pre-season. sure he had a few good blocks here and there, but he still needs work. and can you really keep two fullbacks on the roster?

With Brett Favre on the roster what the **** do you need with four ****ing Quarterbacks? Are you kidding me!?

Because if he only gives us one year,where will be next year? We will only have 2 unproven Qbs,and will most certainly waste a pick on a Qb next year.Atleast with 4 Qbs on the roster this year we will have more to pick from next year. Don`t forget Ratliff was almost cut last year.Now look at him.

Ah whats wrong with driving a beer truck?????? If it wasnt for beer you wouldnt make any posts.And JETSFANS wouldnt be fans.

With Brett Favre on the roster what the **** do you need with four ****ing Quarterbacks? Are you kidding me!?

If Ainge is cut now, someone else picks him up and puts him on the PS.

If he's cut after week 1, it's much less likely.

Also, you sign one of the vets back, and their salary is NOT guaranteed.

If Ainge is cut now, someone else picks him up and puts him on the PS.

If he's cut after week 1, it's much less likely.

Also, you sign one of the vets back, and their salary is NOT guaranteed.

Interesting concept.

They could be just holding onto Ainge and tn extra WR's until they find OL/S help on the waiver wire, too.

Archived