Ricky Williams may be NFL drug policy's greatest success

crashingjet

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/8509716/Williams-may-be-NFL-drug-policy's-greatest-success

Discuss...

Now clean-shaven with a bald head, Williams is no longer hopping around the South Beach party scene like when he first joined the Dolphins. Williams, 31, says his main hobbies are reading and spending time with his children.

"I'm kind of a family guy," Williams said.

Despite all of the embarrassment he has brought the franchise, Williams has spent more time with the Dolphins than anyone on the current roster. Simply put, Williams had too much talent for any of Miami's three post-Wannstedt head coaches to resist. That includes Tony Sparano, who is the latest coach willing to give Williams another chance.

Williams has impressed so much this preseason that he actually was given a one-year contract extension this weekend that extends his current deal through 2009. "We had to look at it as a blank piece of paper and see where we were," Sparano said of his off-season evaluation of Williams. "He's made every workout and done extra in some of those situations. He's been to every meeting and off-season OTA (practice). All I have to go on is what I've seen since I've been here. The guy's been really accountable."

Marion Berry was the Mayor and was smoking crack in office ,went to prison and didn't lose his job....Why should Ricky?

Ricky Williams isn't a horrible piece of **** for smoking pot because it helped his anxiety .....It didn't help him on the football field....he didn't gain an advantage using it.

I hope Ricky can stay clean and play football,I don't care what team he's on. He's never been a jerk or a bad guy...he has his demons and I hope he put them to rest once and for all.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/8509716/Williams-may-be-NFL-drug-policy's-greatest-success

Discuss...

Now clean-shaven with a bald head, Williams is no longer hopping around the South Beach party scene like when he first joined the Dolphins. Williams, 31, says his main hobbies are reading and spending time with his children.

Despite all of the embarrassment he has brought the franchise, Williams has spent more time with the Dolphins than anyone on the current roster. Simply put, Williams had too much talent for any of Miami's three post-Wannstedt head coaches to resist. That includes Tony Sparano, who is the latest coach willing to give Williams another chance.

Williams has impressed so much this preseason that he actually was given a one-year contract extension this weekend that extends his current deal through 2009. "We had to look at it as a blank piece of paper and see where we were," Sparano said of his off-season evaluation of Williams. "He's made every workout and done extra in some of those situations. He's been to every meeting and off-season OTA (practice). All I have to go on is what I've seen since I've been here. The guy's been really accountable."

:rl: Whatever makes you sleep at night. Who cares? He sucks anyways. There's no way he can be in shape to play football now. If you honestly think Williams is clean, I think you need to stop smoking that crack. :bag:

Marion Berry was the Mayor and was smoking crack in office ,went to prison and didn't lose his job....Why should Ricky?

Ricky Williams isn't a horrible piece of **** for smoking pot because it helped his anxiety .....It didn't help him on the football field....he didn't gain an advantage using it.

I hope Ricky can stay clean and play football,I don't care what team he's on. He's never been a jerk or a bad guy...he has his demons and I hope he put them to rest once and for all.

couldn't have said it any better.

I agree. I wish him well and hope his bad habits are forever behind him. Having said that, I hope and pray our D stops his runs for losses every time he holds the ball. :Typotux:

Discuss...

Rickey is clean shaven? Oh, well then......... look out, world!

:rolleyes:

Archived