Rutgers = Uncompetitive

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply
T-Mac, unfortunately, the comments related to Rutgers are more for MadMike and his blow-hard rhetoric which disallows opinions from others to be considered.

As far as the comments on Rutgers, he wants to state how much supposed recruiting class ranks are going to make a bad situation supposedly good. Typical second-class type thinking that somewhere sunshine will shine through the midnight hour.

Yeah, I know. Mike's espectations are a little stretched and you guys are right to let him have it. But just because he says some ridiculous stuff doesn't mean you guys can get away with trying to top him. One road bump doesn't derail the whole program. We won't get robbed of a BCS game like 2 yrs ago, but overall it's still a great improvement over only a few years ago. As for the fans, I really love the jealousy seen here. I've been there when it was empty and also when packed. The fact is that most of our fans are students or alumni. If you want to think ND or Miami fans are truer than that then you have no idea what a bandwagon fan is, but enjoy the game on your TV. We'll catch all the highlights when we get back from the stadium.

Yeah, I know. Mike's espectations are a little stretched and you guys are right to let him have it. But just because he says some ridiculous stuff doesn't mean you guys can get away with trying to top him. One road bump doesn't derail the whole program. We won't get robbed of a BCS game like 2 yrs ago, but overall it's still a great improvement over only a few years ago. As for the fans, I really love the jealousy seen here. I've been there when it was empty and also when packed. The fact is that most of our fans are students or alumni. If you want to think ND or Miami fans are truer than that then you have no idea what a bandwagon fan is, but enjoy the game on your TV. We'll catch all the highlights when we get back from the stadium.

agree TMac,,I am a UNC fan and have been season tix holders for the lean preButch years..its agreat thing when a program turns around,,there will be speed bumps but botrh programs show health signs...

T-Mac-The question remains of sustainability of continued success at Rutgers, and it appears that is happening. It will be hard for teh program to put together a decade of success on end, and that is what defines a quality program. Not sporadic success here or there.

The conference is weak and Rutgers will have a very difficult time against the "name" schools in consistently drawing talent. Yes, they will have the occasional bump, but again can to be sustained?

They have absolutely accomplished a lot from what it was. You also have to remember that my perspective eminates from the Big 10, which there is not a true comparison.

Wait. What were my expectations that are ridiculous?

Yeah, I can see the great product producing W after W right before my eyes.

Face it, RU was and only will be a two year stint thanks to Ray Rice.

Oh shut up. Teams lose games. It happens. The idea that one bad year will kill the program is hater wishful thinking.

Rutgers is in trouble.The stadium renovations are unfinished and the funding isnt arriving as quickly as they wanted. Losing isnt helping the investors and neither is the economy. Chalk it up to another N.J BLUNDER.

And the second they start winning again everyone will say how great a move it was. Thats how sports works.

Wait. What were my expectations that are ridiculous?

Your "if" propositions are ridiculous. EVERY team in sports can say "if":

Madmike "ifs"

-If only the QB was different

-If only the "ball wasn't wet"

-If only there were not dropped passes

-Wait for the new recruits.

You are the classic pollyanna. Every team can play that game.

Results are all that matter. And Rutgers results are dismal right now. Nothing can change that. And no one can change the past results, or predict the future ones.

Results are all that matter. And Rutgers results are dismal right now. Nothing can change that. And no one can change the past results, or predict the future ones.
Well we're a pick 'em against a 5-1 team saturday. The money says things aren't all that bad. It's too early to predict how sustained the program's success will be, but we do have a good class coming in. If we don't become a yearly BCS threat I can live with that. I'll still look forward to visiting my alma mater on saturdays, especially this one.

So a fan is a bigger fan if their program sucks and they happen to live in the same state as their program so they can have season tickets?

Gotcha. Glad thats been cleared up. :eek:

No, a fan is bigger when he's has an attachment to that program where no win-loss record will make a difference. A diploma will make that difference. 90% of the fans are not just locals with nowhere else to go. We're graduates and students. Is that true at whatever school you "support?"

Well we're a pick 'em against a 5-1 team saturday. The money says things aren't all that bad. It's too early to predict how sustained the program's success will be, but we do have a good class coming in. If we don't become a yearly BCS threat I can live with that. I'm still looking forward to visiting my alma mater on saturdays, especially this one.

UConn has played only 1 Top 30 team (and lost to them).

There is nothing better than supporting teh school you went to and going back. Results be damned.

Tough injury last week. Hope it doesn't mess up your season. What's the rest of the sched look like?

Ya, it hurts, but we already lost our starting QB,,this is what makes teams build character,,we have a kid who we can remove redshirt if we have to (Dwight Jones) , or we can move one of our RBs (Greg Little) back to his natural WR position,,both are 4 star backups on team

But return game is where it will be felt,, UNC still 1 to 2 yeras away from where Butch will feel confident..this is still very much a growing year so we can handle a injury string this year as we will not be a BCS team this year,,next year or year after..

remaining sched looks very doable..tuffest games are Geo Tech and BC

Oct. 18 Virginia Charlottesville, Va.3:30/ABCorESPN2

Oct. 25 Boston College Chapel Hill Noon/Raycom

Nov. 8 Georgia Tech Chapel Hill

Nov. 15 Maryland College Park, Md.

Nov. 22 NC State Chapel Hill

Nov. 29 DukeDurham, N.C.

We'll take it. Homecoming is always fun, but getting the W really sparks the party. Easton Ave was rocking!

Rutgers defense came through for them-the offense did just enough not to blow the game. Always good to win at homecoming day-makes all the alumni happy.

I think it's time we find out who the haters are rooting for. Step up and state your case. No excuses.

I root for Syracuse. I know they suck, but their recruiting classes are second to none. The UCONN coach is being bandied about as new coach for the 'Cuse.

Nice win for the Knights today.

I think it's time we find out who the haters are rooting for. Step up and state your case. No excuses.

I root for Michigan. They are having a terrible year, I know, but after a Michigan = Uncompetitive thread was started, I felt the need to start a Rutgers one due to madmike being the douche of all douches. :cheers:

Congrats on RU beating a team that had no business being in the Top 25 though. Impressive game from Teel and Britt either way.

Maybe a 5 win season isn't out of the question.

Well Teel had a career day- rutgers has Syracuse next so 4 and 5 -still an outside chance to get a minor bowl bid for them to run the table.

I would still like someone to explain to me WHAT THE **** HAPPENED before the last 2 games. This team isn't NEARLY that bad.

Congrats on RU beating a team that had no business being in the Top 25 though. Impressive game from Teel and Britt either way.

Maybe a 5 win season isn't out of the question.

They've beaten 3 top 20 teams in the last 3 yrs.

#3 L'ville @ home

#2 So. Fla @ home

#17 Pitt away.

Archived