Shaun Alexander

JETSFAN5180

I know many are gonna say WTF. But what about bringing him in for a look. We need a RB with Chatman suspended.If Alexander can rekindle himself this could be a great pickup. Many criticize Thomas Jones and Leon Washington. WHY NOT???????

2005 Shawn Alexander 320 rushes 1880 yards 27 tds.

WTF...

Awful idea, AWFUL pickup. Why? He's a ME player. He couldn't care less about team. Couple that with the fact that his skills have deteriorated big time. He played 1 big year to get his contract, got it, and then he was done.

Nobody criticizes Leon. Most of us think we've got a gem in the guy, and Mangini is just being careful with him in order to lengthen his career. Why get the guy killed on a 4-12 team? This year we're probably going to see more of Leon.

Also, you should be giving Hutchinson those praises. I was never impressed with Alexander, and I see I was right.

WTF...

Awful idea, AWFUL pickup. Why? He's a ME player. He couldn't care less about team. Couple that with the fact that his skills have deteriorated big time. He played 1 big year to get his contract, got it, and then he was done.

What if hes got something to prove and motivated to get back to pro-bowl form.Im a little bit concerned about our RBs. I do like Thomas and Washington but neither shined in pre-season.

What if hes got something to prove and motivated to get back to pro-bowl form.Im a little bit concerned about our RBs. I do like Thomas and Washington but neither shined in pre-season.

May have been a good argument 3-4 yrs ago, but now he's over the hill.

You can't use the pre-season to judge squat!!!

They were more concerned with getting Favre going, they did not run left once, and they never show much in running schemes for games that don't count!!!

While Alexander had more than 1 good year, he seems to be done, it does not look like he even cares about playing anymore, let alone having something to prove.

It sucks that J-Chat will miss the first 4 games, if anything we sign a stop gap guy as a back up and roll with Leon and Jones, till Chatman's comes back.

The running game will be fine, we are just thin right now, all we need is a body to hold the spot for the first 4 weeks.

Chatman looked like a real banger out there and should really be able to pick up any slack left by the running game, just hope we stay healthy till he returns.

I never said he was better than Jones or Washington.I read somewhere today they considered Vernan Morency until Chatman returns.Im just looking for depth and experience.

and explain why Alexander would, even if we would want him, would come as a 3rd stringer who sees his time limited to 4 games? It makes absolutely no sense.

we won't sign a vet RB before the game on Sunday. That's a FACT. Why? Because his salary would be guaranteed. If we sign a vet the day after the game, his salary is not guaranteed.
Yup, which is fine but they need to get someone after week one, it's to risky to try and go 4 games with out a 3rd running back.

I think once J-chat is back, he will really be a big lift, especially if we have trouble punching it in.

He may just be the redzone, goaline runner we really needed.

we won't sign a vet RB before the game on Sunday. That's a FACT. Why? Because his salary would be guaranteed. If we sign a vet the day after the game, his salary is not guaranteed.

Understood im looking for depth not trying to replace Jones or Washington. If he signs and gets a few carries possibly he could catch on elsewhere if we cut him.There are quite a few teams out there with question marks at RB.

Did I fall asleep and wake up in 04? Because I was getting a whole lot of sex in 04 and that would be a great thing.

Come on, it's well known jetnation.com posters do not get a lot of sex. JetsInsider posters, on the other hand, can get all they want for $55

All in all, I'd rather scour the waiver wire or pluck a back off someone else's practice squad.

If Alexander has something to prove he can always sign up here and post. This is a great spot for internet tough guys to flex their muscles.

Lets see the play calling in the preseason is very vanilla..not going to gauge the running game off of that. Shaun is done..finished...useless and will want a guaranteed contract as well thus why no one is signing him. PASS

Winner Winner chicken dinner!

Adrian Peterson only averaged like 2 yards a carry in the pre-season...

Should the Vikings bring in an old RB for a look?

Archived