Chris Henry Changes Name to Chad Johnson!

jaspegs

http://www.derfmagazine.com/news/sports/441.html

Chris Henry changes name to Chad Johnson

CINCINNATI - Following the Chad Jonson's widely reported name change to Ocho Cinco, Cincinnati Bengal Wide Receiver Chris Henry announced he has taken steps to legally change his name to Chad Johnson.

During a press conference at Paul Brown Stadium, Henry said, "My name has been associated with so much controversy. As soon as the name Chad Johnson became available I decided this was my chance to upgrade my image and to get a clean start. The name Chad Johnson is not a stretch for me because I am a Cincinnati Bengals wide receiver just like the former Chad Johnson. I hope many fans of the former Chad Johnson will begin to accept me as their own."

Ocho Cinco told reporters he is happy his former name has found a way to live on within the Bengals organization.

Reportedly, an inmate at the Hamilton County Jail has filed paperwork to legally change his name to Chris Henry. Steven Phillips, who is serving an 11 year sentence for several gun felonies and domestic violence convictions, feels changing his name to Chris Henry is his chance to upgrade his image and to get a clean start.

That was just too funny...:rl:

I liked this one as well....

CINCINNATI - CourtTV in competition with several other cable channels has emerged as the exclusive crime oriented cable channel to partner with the Bengals organization this upcoming season. CourtTV Executive Marylin Green commented in a press briefing, "The Bengals have consistently shown the capacity for creating quality content in the crime entertainment category." CourtTV

We know its a joke, its just hilarious. The Bengals are just a terrible franchise.

If memory serves, last year the Jets stunk up the league and finished with a record worse than Cincinnati. Now it's our turn in the hole. Until Marvin Lewis resigns or is fired, not much will change.

If memory serves, last year the Jets stunk up the league and finished with a record worse than Cincinnati. Now it's our turn in the hole. Until Marvin Lewis resigns or is fired, not much will change.

The Jets were bad last year. But not go to jail kind of bad. ;)

somehow, I just can't hear henry saying this quote word for word

During a press conference at Paul Brown Stadium, Henry said, "My name has been associated with so much controversy. As soon as the name Chad Johnson became available I decided this was my chance to upgrade my image and to get a clean start. The name Chad Johnson is not a stretch for me because I am a Cincinnati Bengals wide receiver just like the former Chad Johnson. I hope many fans of the former Chad Johnson will begin to accept me as their own."

either his agent wrote it, or this is a fake news story

At least a couple of these are unfair, (apparently one player was tasered even as he was cooperating with officers), but this is some list.

Ranking the Cincinnati Bengals Arrests

By Larry Brown | June 19, 2007 - Posted in Darwin Nominees, Football, LBS' Greatest Hits

They’ve had so many of them I just figured it was about time to have a little fun with their arrests. Without further ado, here’s a list of the Bengals’ finest, from best to worst.

1. Chris Henry (June 14th, ‘06) - providing alcohol to three underaged females, but did he score?

2. Chris Henry (Jan. 28th, ‘06) - possession of a concealed firearm, improper exhibition of firearm, aggravated assault with firearm, that’s a lot of firearm action

3. A.J. Nicholson (June 3rd, ‘06) - burglary, vandalism, grant theft, *bonus points for stealing electronics from a teammate, that’s not easy

4. Frostee Rucker (June 21st, ‘06) - vandalism, spousal battery, just don’t beat up that blackberry

5. Reggie McNeal (Dec. 3rd, ‘06) - resisting arrest and drug possession, always fun to catch the cops with an elbow to the chest

6. Eric Steinbach (Aug. 5th, ‘06) - boating under the influence, admit it, you didn’t even know that counted

7. A.J. Nicholson (May 18th, ‘06) - domestic violence, he restarted the streak after they had gone four months in between arrests

8. Chris Henry (June 3rd, ‘06) - DUI, 0.092, I’d blow that from a sip of Manischweitz

9. Odell Thurman (Sept. 25th, ‘06) - drunken driving, a 0.18, but he was more sober than Chris Henry or Reggie McNeal, so it’s all good

10. Deltha O’Neal (Dec. 9th, ‘06) - DWI, come on a 0.10 shouldn’t even count

11. Matthias Askew (July 22nd, ‘06) - disorderly conduct, resisting arrest, failure to comply with police officer’s order, obstructing justice, kinda boring

12. Chris Henry (Dec. 15 ‘05) - weed possession, just kids being kids

13. Quincy Wilson (June 17, ‘07) - disorderly conduct, kind of weak, but cool that the bride and groom were arrested too

Source: http://larrybrownsports.com/football/ranking-the-cincinnati-bengals-arrests/612

Archived