THIS. GAME. WAS. FIXED!!!!!!

SoFlaJets

This game had nothing to do with being fixed and everything to do with poor execution. Both the players (especially Favre) and more importantly, the coaching staff looked lost out there for most of the game.

I'm sorry, but my patience with Mangini and company is at an end. Looking back and seeing that we have a head coach who's prior experience before this was ONE season as a defensive coordinator and it's easy to see why this team looks like it has its head up its ass

I'll agree with Belichick but he's roughly a 1,276.5 times better coach than Mangini.

FTR i never once saw or heard of Cowher tryin' to learn Belly's system.... Belly even admits it himself.... And whom do ya think was with Cowher early in his coaching career? None other than one Dom Capers....

OK you may continue belittling Cowher now, rant over.... lol

FTR i never once saw or heard of Cowher tryin' to learn Belly's system.... Belly even admits it himself.... And whom do ya think was with Cowher early in his coaching career? None other than one Dom Capers....

OK you may continue belittling Cowher now, rant over.... lol

That's the difference. Belichick is constantly trying to learn. If someone does something better than him then he studies and finds out why. Most other coaches are stuck in their ways and refuse to change.

Although I don't believe we lost because of the officials, they did help. I'll give that to SFJ. The offensive pass interference on Cotchery should have been a non call, and the roughing the passer was a joke. I'm blanking on the Jet, but he clearly let up before impact, and was actually holding Cassel up.

Would you care to point out some examples of non calls because no offense but this is just kind of the Jet fan mantra when things don't go the way they want. Blame the refs.

Brett Favre forward progress. I can go back and say some more but why even bother? I'm not blaming the loss on the refs like you assume. I thought I was making that pretty clear with my first few lines. I guess you missed those. You guys deserved to win and did win. We played like crap and it cost us. But the refs were far from partial.

Damn, that's a lot of choppy sentences.

Although I don't believe we lost because of the officials, they did help. I'll give that to SFJ. The offensive pass interference on Cotchery should have been a non call, and the roughing the passer was a joke. I'm blanking on the Jet, but he clearly let up before impact, and was actually holding Cassel up.

On the roughing the passer, any form of helmet to helmet contact is going to be called. No ifs ands or buts. As far as the offensive PI, O'Neal was going for the ball too and Cotchery pushed him down. That's an easy call as well.

On the roughing the passer, any form of helmet to helmet contact is going to be called. No ifs ands or buts. As far as the offensive PI, O'Neal was going for the ball too and Cotchery pushed him down. That's an easy call as well.

I didn't see them as clearly as you, Alk. I might--might--give you the helmet to helmet call, since the NFL has made a complete debacle of that rule. Why not put in a sissy slap fest provision as well? The Cotchery call I won't give you. That used to be football, two players fighting for the ball.

Cassell goes two full seconds over the time and gets a TO...Stuckey called for foward progress but Favre not on a 20 yard sack...the LBer clearly hits Favre late and doesn't get called while we do...Jones runs out of bounds and they don't stop the clock...a GL play Moss runs into the backfield grabbing on Coleman I think it was...damn there were more as I was pointing them out in the game thread-granted we sucked but I felt we could have and should have won that game if not for at leats one or two calls had they gone our way.

Cassell goes two full seconds over the time and gets a TO...Stuckey called for foward progress but Favre not on a 20 yard sack...the LBer clearly hits Favre late and doesn't get called while we do...Jones runs out of bounds and they don't stop the clock...a GL play Moss runs into the backfield grabbing on Coleman I think it was...damn there were more as I was pointing them out in the game thread-granted we sucked but I felt we could have and should have won that game if not for at leats one or two calls had they gone our way.

That's a new rule in the NFL, to speed up the game time. Now, the clock runs when there is more than five minutes left in the half as soon as the ball is placed. Within five minutes of either half the clock stops when ran out of bounds. Quite a stupid rule.

Come on Jimmy, the officials had absolutely nothing to do with why the Jets lost today.

The Jets lost for two simple reasons:

1) Mangini's poor gameplan/coaching (how the hell do you have 12 men on the field after a friggn' touchback?)

2) The Pats OLine physically dominated the Jets DLine the entire 2nd half.

Whoa, what are you doing here?

Security!!!

Oh for the love of god! :rl: On which play? You're just being a poor loser now. I can't wait until the season ends so I can start getting along with you again. :cheers:

hey look bro-give me a FEW MINUTES TO GET IT OUT OF MY SYSTEM WILL YA? I mean this IS still a Jets board. I'm not here to argue with Pats fans about the Jets game-honest...I actually would rather commiserate with my fellow Jets fans after a loss...you guys went in-focking-sane after Brady got hurt and a lot of us gave you your space-we will ask the same from you.

The play where Hobbs or whoever it was was dancing around like a faig and waving his hands like wings after breaking up a pass at the end

Come on Jimmy, the officials had absolutely nothing to do with why the Jets lost today.

The Jets lost for two simple reasons:

1) Mangini's poor gameplan/coaching (how the hell do you have 12 men on the field after a friggn' touchback?)

2) The Pats OLine physically dominated the Jets DLine the entire 2nd half.

I love the way you casually utilize your hurricane sympathy to slowly make your way back into the NFL forum.

Sly.:rl:

You saw it, I saw it, not ONE penalty called our way not one play our way all day-they didn't even blow a whistle at the end to try and make it look not so bad. Who WAS that official anyway? I never saw that guy before. This game was fixed...

I would expect no less from you.

Archived