First Post In This Forum and It's Jets Related

YJF

What a shock.

It's good to be here with you guys. Now if you can only convince EricBarton50 to show up. It would make this site complete. (just kidding EB, if you are here) If you are not here, I wasn't kidding.lol

I read a bunch of different posts last night on this site about the recent happenings in Jets Land.

It's safe to say after one day in free agency. Jets fans are back to ripping and hating Bradway again.

I am holding off judgment and I don't blame Terry for what has transpired.

There was no way that Jordan was going to be kept. Losing Ferguson was tough. Especially since The Jets put all their eggs in that basket and didn't make a strong enough effort to seal up a fallback plan. That criticism is fair.

It's not the end of the world though losing Ferguson. He was our 4th best defensive lineman. The Jets have some work to do in that area now. Whether it's a return of Evans and Reed or a high draft pick devoted to that position. It's certainly a spot we need to address but I am not panicking.

WHY? Because we have a stud DT in Robertson and one of the league's best DE tandems in Abraham and Ellis. The Jets are not exactly weak on the d-line.

I want to keep Kareem McKenzie. It's not easy finding 25 year old pro bowl caliber lineman. This is an area where I am agitated by The Jets. Just get in there and give this guy some money. The O-Line for The Jets is a strength. No need to create another hole here.

As for Lamont. You guys know where I stand. Best of luck to him. He made a great choice. There was no way that The Jets could keep him. Can't blame the front office for this one.

Welcome to the "adult" Jets message board.

Great post, I'm not sure I want to keep Kareem unless he will stay for a reasonable contract.

Isn't his agent one of the Posten brothers?

Good luck trying to keep him at a reasonable price. :shock:

YJF, welocme to PatsNation.

For maybe the first time ever, I almost completely agree with YJF!!! The only thing I'd be a little concerned about is that DRob Ellis and Abe all play off of the NT position, and if that spot isn't locked down, the rest of them can be exposed and pushed around. IMO, we need to do something SEVERE to get that done.

There was no way to expect to keep Lamont -wish he got more playing time here that is history though.

McKenzie with the Posten's past history will be looking for more money than I would want to pay him.

No reason too panic yet- I stated last night- we got Barton, Barett and later Kendall in free agency and not on the very first day and look at how they worked out. Give Bradway a little breathing room here.

For maybe the first time ever, I almost completely agree with YJF!!! The only thing I'd be a little concerned about is that DRob Ellis and Abe all play off of the NT position, and if that spot isn't locked down, the rest of them can be exposed and pushed around. IMO, we need to do something SEVERE to get that done.

Boy all it took was for you to become a

Administrator and the Gerbils get Gassed!! :lol:

I'm keeping one gerbil alive for YOU, my large hillbilly amigo! :lol:

Ahh..What a Shame!! The get up and go in old TS

got up and Left!!I guess I'll have to look to Max

now for some ribald humor..Maybe if I get a Lobotomy

he'll seem funnier??

I don't have short memory when it comes to The Jets.

Not to diss Ferguson. Because I like the guy and the player and I would have liked to see him return BUT.....................................

I don't recall Ferguson being a big time anchor in 2003 when The Jets were getting run over every week.

The big difference between the garbage defense in 2003 and the formidable unit in 2004 was Donnie Henderson, the vastly improved LB group and the maturation of D-Rob.

Short term, losing Fergy might hurt. The Jets need to address DT. Whether it be free agency and the draft or through trade. I think The Jets could bring back Evans and Reed and draft a young DT this year. It would be a rotation system with Bryan Thomas also involved.

Doesn't sound great at this moment but it's better than throwing money at some mediocre DT.

At this moment, It's a tough loss but a 31 year old DT can be replaced. The Jets actually saved money here and they are still strong on the d-line.

I don't have short memory when it comes to The Jets.

Not to diss Ferguson. Because I like the guy and the player and I would have liked to see him return BUT.....................................

I don't recall Ferguson being a big time anchor in 2003 when The Jets were getting run over every week.

The big difference between the garbage defense in 2003 and the formidable unit in 2004 was Donnie Henderson, the vastly improved LB group and the maturation of D-Rob.

Short term, losing Fergy might hurt. The Jets need to address DT. Whether it be free agency and the draft or through trade. I think The Jets could bring back Evans and Reed and draft a young DT this year. It would be a rotation system with Bryan Thomas also involved.

Doesn't sound great at this moment but it's better than throwing money at some mediocre DT.

At this moment, It's a tough loss but a 31 year old DT can be replaced. The Jets actually saved money here and they are still strong on the d-line.

I don't think well miss Fergy at all! There's alot of

time between now and Camp in July!!And a 31 year old

can be replaced easy..Just like a 32 year old could have! :lol:

A hearty welcome to you YJF, I'm extremely glad to see you're over here.

As a Pats fan I'm happy tweaking some noses at perceived mistakes by the Jets BUT...

The following were not actually mistakes:

LaMont Jordan-- He was gone. Big mistake, but that mistake was made well before this offseason. There was nothing that could be done at this late date.

Jonas Jennings-- Overpaid. Be glad you don't have him at that price.

Ferguson-- For his age and productivity, overpaid. Pretty good last year, but not worth what he was signed for. There are guys who are not all that much worse for a heck of a lot less money.

The following WERE mistakes.

Pat Williams-- You guys missed the boat here. Abraham, Robertson, Williams, Ellis? Yikes. and he signed relatively CHEAP in Minnesota.

Ferguson-- Bradway should have signed him before FA or not gone after him so hard. There's a time to let go and by not doing that Bradway screwed up his focus on Williams.

The following MAY be mistakes.

The Cornerbacks-- The Jets need to come out of this with ONE of the significant CBs.... Rolle, Smoot, Baxter, Lucas, Law, or Dyson on a cheapish contract.

Things aren't looking great right now but the Jets could still sign Law (if he's going to recover by TC) or Smoot and end up looking good.

A hearty welcome to you YJF, I'm extremely glad to see you're over here.

As a Pats fan I'm happy tweaking some noses at perceived mistakes by the Jets BUT...

The following were not actually mistakes:

LaMont Jordan-- He was gone. Big mistake, but that mistake was made well before this offseason. There was nothing that could be done at this late date.

Jonas Jennings-- Overpaid. Be glad you don't have him at that price.

Ferguson-- For his age and productivity, overpaid. Pretty good last year, but not worth what he was signed for. There are guys who are not all that much worse for a heck of a lot less money.

The following WERE mistakes.

Pat Williams-- You guys missed the boat here. Abraham, Robertson, Williams, Ellis? Yikes. and he signed relatively CHEAP in Minnesota.

Ferguson-- Bradway should have signed him before FA or not gone after him so hard. There's a time to let go and by not doing that Bradway screwed up his focus on Williams.

The following MAY be mistakes.

The Cornerbacks-- The Jets need to come out of this with ONE of the significant CBs.... Rolle, Smoot, Baxter, Lucas, Law, or Dyson on a cheapish contract.

Things aren't looking great right now but the Jets could still sign Law (if he's going to recover by TC) or Smoot and end up looking good.

Here's the thing. Signing a CB would be a good move depending on the numbers but The Jets can address CB in the draft and they are not as weak at CB as people think.

If they sign Smoot or Baxter. That means, we can focus in on something else when the draft rolls around.

Strait and Barrett have bright futures ahead of them. Mickens and Abraham are just ok.

What I would really like to see The Jets do is get a strong safety who can play in the box and be a force over the middle. That's not easy to get.

The ideal thing would be to call Jacksonville and trade for Darius. But he is 30 and wants big time money. I see too many negatives with alot of these guys.

I'm not really too enamored with this years free agent class to be honest with you. Alot of these guys are 2nd level players.

These are not stars or bigtime difference makers. They are getting paid like frontline guys because they are the best of what's out there.

In the perfect Jets world. The Jets would get a TE. A physical and intimidating safety, a CB and some special teams help.

All of these areas can be addressed in the draft, No need to overpay for a bunch of middle of the pack players.

In free agency, Just go young and sign guys who fit your system. If you can get a couple of rising young players. Then so be it. It gives you less needs going into the draft.

I agree. I don't want to give Law a $12-15 million dollar signing bonus, and I don't want to give him a 3-year, 30 million dollar deal. He'd be great to have, but, IMO< the CB market is so f'ed up right now because of Woodson in Oakland, that these guys just are not worth what they're getting. I'd love to see a real LT come in here, but Pace is the only one really left, and he wants insane money for a player who, while young, is declining.

I agree. I don't want to give Law a $12-15 million dollar signing bonus, and I don't want to give him a 3-year, 30 million dollar deal. He'd be great to have, but, IMO< the CB market is so f'ed up right now because of Woodson in Oakland, that these guys just are not worth what they're getting. I'd love to see a real LT come in here, but Pace is the only one really left, and he wants insane money for a player who, while young, is declining.

I agree TS. Ty Law is the best football player on the market period. I'd love to have him. I'd make the veteran exception for him BUT.................

He's up there in age, he's coming off injuries and he's a bit of a headcase.

He's a hell of player though. He's better than Anthony Henry, Duane Starks, Ken Lucas and all these other players that are moving around.

I happen to like Fred Smoot and Gary Baxter but they are not premiere shutdown corners. Smoot is better than Baxter and he had a tremendous 2004 season. I wouldn't mind adding him but at what cost.

I think both CB's fit what The Jets like to do. Smoot can play on an island. They played that 46 defense in Washington last year and left those corners out there to fend for themselves. Smoot did a very good job last year.

Question is what's the price?

The thing about Smoot is that he got all this pub when the Redskins D was blitzing 45 times per game. He might just be the product of a great pass rush. IMO, Anthny Henry is intriguing, because he did it in Cleveland, who couldn't get to a QB with a court order.

The thing about Smoot is that he got all this pub when the Redskins D was blitzing 45 times per game. He might just be the product of a great pass rush. IMO, Anthny Henry is intriguing, because he did it in Cleveland, who couldn't get to a QB with a court order.

May be true. A lot of Skins fans feel both Smoot and Pierce were products of Greg Williams system.

I'd still take a chance on Smoot.

And it was under 1000 words. Good job YJF! :wink:

What a shock.

It's good to be here with you guys. Now if you can only convince EricBarton50 to show up. It would make this site complete. (just kidding EB, if you are here) If you are not here, I wasn't kidding.lol

I read a bunch of different posts last night on this site about the recent happenings in Jets Land.

It's safe to say after one day in free agency. Jets fans are back to ripping and hating Bradway again.

I am holding off judgment and I don't blame Terry for what has transpired.

There was no way that Jordan was going to be kept. Losing Ferguson was tough. Especially since The Jets put all their eggs in that basket and didn't make a strong enough effort to seal up a fallback plan. That criticism is fair.

It's not the end of the world though losing Ferguson. He was our 4th best defensive lineman. The Jets have some work to do in that area now. Whether it's a return of Evans and Reed or a high draft pick devoted to that position. It's certainly a spot we need to address but I am not panicking.

WHY? Because we have a stud DT in Robertson and one of the league's best DE tandems in Abraham and Ellis. The Jets are not exactly weak on the d-line.

I want to keep Kareem McKenzie. It's not easy finding 25 year old pro bowl caliber lineman. This is an area where I am agitated by The Jets. Just get in there and give this guy some money. The O-Line for The Jets is a strength. No need to create another hole here.

As for Lamont. You guys know where I stand. Best of luck to him. He made a great choice. There was no way that The Jets could keep him. Can't blame the front office for this one.

LOL

I like Henry too. He's got great size and speed and he's certainly an upgrade over what Dallas had at CB last year. No arguments there.

But when I think of Henry. For some reason, I keep going back to that Bengals game last year where Henry and McCutcheon got burned so badly in that game. Their jersey color (brown) was appropriate. They were burnt toast.

It may have been because of a poor pass rush but Carson Palmer undressed that entire secondary and violated them repeatedly. What did they give up? 600 yards passing.

LOL

I like Henry too. He's got great size and speed and he's certainly an upgrade over what Dallas had at CB last year. No arguments there.

But when I think of Henry. For some reason, I keep going back to that Bengals game last year where Henry and McCutcheon got burned so badly in that game. Their jersey color (brown) was appropriate. They were burnt toast.

It may have been because of a poor pass rush but Carson Palmer undressed that entire secondary and violated them repeatedly. What did they give up? 600 yards passing.

Palmer smoked us, too, YJ. But, damn. OK, why depress me?

Archived