Manny....

JonEJet

How long before the Yankee faithful would turn on him when he made a fielding gaffe so horrendous that it looked like a tee ball game? Would they be forgiving when Manny took 12 seconds to run from home to first? Be careful what you wish for, Yankees fans.

:rl:

How long before the Yankee faithful would turn on him when he made a fielding gaffe so horrendous that it looked like a tee ball game? Would they be forgiving when Manny took 12 seconds to run from home to first? Be careful what you wish for, Yankees fans.

I think were just desperate for a guy that can hit in the clutch.

I'm thinkin more like our permanent DH, but yea, point is we need Manny.

Can it be a one-season deal for a low-ball sum? AND he buys out the rest of Matsui's salary so that they can cut Matsui to make room for him?

I'm going to try and be objective and logical.

Here are the positions that have to be upgraded:

1b - I don't think Giambi will be back

LF - Matsui could be done

CF - Damon is OK in left, but not in center

RF - if Abreu goes

C - Posada won't be catching anymore and an upgrade from Molina is needed

SP - Could be from 1 to 3 needed depending if Pettitte comes back and the state of Joba's shoulder (a question mark)

Now the Yanks are shedding a lot of payroll, but those are a lot of positions to fill. And I'm not even sure if there are FA's avaialble for all of those positions.

They will not be able to sign all of Sabathia, Texeira and Manny. Just too much money. And I don't think you want Manny, he's playing well now cause he's in a contract year. Once he gets the money, he'll revert to the old pain-in-the-butt Manny. I think they'll have a better shot at Burnett than Sabathia, who's made it pretty clear he wants to be on the West Coast and stay in the NL.

I think Cashman came back to finish the development of the kids in the minors and get them to Yankee Stadium. He'll sign a few FA's but it may be a few years before they dominate again.

1b - I don't think Giambi will be back

LF - Matsui could be done

CF - Damon is OK in left, but not in center

RF - if Abreu goes

C - Posada won't be catching anymore and an upgrade from Molina is needed

SP - Could be from 1 to 3 needed depending if Pettitte comes back and the state of Joba's shoulder (a question mark)

Depending on Posada's status, I think he might move to 1B.

Matsui is a DH. He shouldn't be more than a 5th-choice outfielder.

Damon is not really the best option at any outfield spot. LF is where he is the least of a liability.

Abreu should be re-signed if and only if they go for Texiera at 1B.

They need 2-3 SP.

Depending on Posada's status, I think he might move to 1B.

Matsui is a DH. He shouldn't be more than a 5th-choice outfielder.

Damon is not really the best option at any outfield spot. LF is where he is the least of a liability.

Abreu should be re-signed if and only if they go for Texiera at 1B.

They need 2-3 SP.

There is no easy fix for the Yanks. There's not much left in the minors, and they're going to have to pay a ton for some of these free agents.

I work with a Red Sox fan. He's pissed that Manny actually ran out a grounder and beat the double play last night. Sox fans had no idea he could do that. :rl:

I was laughing at that. That's gotta be his first infield single in 3 years.

thats why if we do get him he will be are DH and never play the field to keep things like that from happening

thats why if we do get him he will be are DH and never play the field to keep things like that from happening

That would mean that Giambi is gone, Damon is gone, Matsui is gone, Posada handles first pretty well.

Who is going to replace all of these guys?

That would mean that Giambi is gone, Damon is gone, Matsui is gone, Posada handles first pretty well.

Who is going to replace all of these guys?

All those guys should be gone. Yankees should keep A-fraud, Jeter, Cano, Posada and no other major position player.

Archived