Baseball's "best" team???

Jet/BosoxFan

As we all know by now...the AL is vastly superior to the NL and the winner of the ALCS = the de facto winner of the World Series. So, who is the best team in the AL? Are we really supposed to believe that the Chicago White Sox are the best? Why, because they play Kansas City and Detroit 19 times each? The Mighty Boston Lumber Co., who've already scored more runs than anybody else in baseball, broke out the thunder sticks and lit up the winningest pitcher in the AL the day after lighting up 13-game winner Mark Buerhle. And I am supposed to believe that this team is going to the World Series? Playa Please.

The Red Sox not only have the best lineup 1-9, they also have the best bench, and dare I say they are top 5 in starting pitching without a true ace, though a case can be made for Tim Wakefield because he is capable of ANYTHING!!!

Case in point, look at what we are doing to the "best team" in the AL. I'm so not impressed.

Who else you got? The A's? They couldnt beat us with Tejada, Mulder, Hudson, and Zito...now all they have is Zito!!! In fact, they never really beat anybody, have they? You seriously think Rich Harden scares me? Its a nice little story in Oakland I guess, but they are not to be taken seriously.

Los Angeles/Anaheim...we broke out the broom last year and swept their complacent asses under the rug and as far as I can see...they went from a deadly hitting team, to a weak hitting team if you pitch around Vladdy. Plus, none of those starters scare me either.

Clevland? Please.

The Orioles seemed tough early on but have long since fallen under.

who else you got???

Ya know what this means? The road to the World Series goes right through the defending champions!!!

That is preposterous, Ham. An utter insult to the intelligence of every poster on this board.

This year's Yankee team is designed to beat up on bad teams, inflate their record, win their division, cruise into the postseason, and pray like hell that they come up huge.

How can you say that this Yankee team is built to win in the postseason with so many players who've never won anything?

Not only that...many of them have been bad in the postseason over their careers. Flash Gordon anyone???

I'm with JBF here. The Sox are coming together nicely right now and feel they are going to win EVERY game despite who is going on the other team or on their own mound. They are confident, they are professional and they are delivering. I smell a repeat.

Boston's annual swoon should begin any day, now.

That is almost funny, until you look at the past two seasons were Boston gets hot in July. Last year, we were barely above .500 and Nomar is traded and we go on to win the WS.

This year, we trail Baltiwhore for most of two months and then we warm up again and go on a tear.

If the Yankees make it to the playoffs and the team is in overall good health (1-6 batters and Randy Johnson) they will have a great chance at winning it. Bite me.

Like Samuel L Jackson said in Pulp Fiction:

"I dont wanna hear about no muthaf*ckin' ifs!"

EB, be serious for once will ya? Never mind all the "If the Yankees do this...if the Yankees do that..." drama,

THEY ARE OLD AND THEY SUCK! WHO GIVES A SH!T IF THEY SWEEP TEXAS, SO DID WE, AND WE SWEPT THE CHISOX IN A RAIN-SHORTENED SERIES! You know, the team you couldnt take more than one lucky game from???

Now, your owner and your manager are fighting, your pitching staff sucks like a Hoover, and you have like $50 million worth of useless "talent" on the DL for the year.

Speaking of which...I heard Carl Pavano's shoulder saw it's own shadow today. You know what that means...six more weeks of the disabled list

bwa-hahahhahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahaha!

So.. a team that was the first to 70 wins, and has the best record in the majors, isn't the best team, because they play the Royals and the Tigers (who were good, until the team quit at the trade deadline)? Sound logic, well thought through.

And, I'm glad you're ignoring the St. Louis Cardinals. Their offense is pretty potent, and they added Mark Mulder to their staff, which also has Chris Carpenter who, when he pitches, pitches a complete game shut out, Matt Morris, who's righted himself, and Jason Marquis, who isn't bad. And, the Cards have gotten to 70 wins, through all their injuries.

That is preposterous, Ham. An utter insult to the intelligence of every poster on this board.

This year's Yankee team is designed to beat up on bad teams, inflate their record, win their division, cruise into the postseason, and pray like hell that they come up huge.

How can you say that this Yankee team is built to win in the postseason with so many players who've never won anything?

Not only that...many of them have been bad in the postseason over their careers. Flash Gordon anyone???

Dude you're a joke. Beat up on bad teams? Well we just swept the Rangers in 4 games. I wouldn't call them a bad team. We also took 3 or 4 from the so-called best team in baseball. We took 2 of 3 from the Angels as well in 2 great comeback victories against the best bullpen in baseball. It seems we do better against good teams and not bad. Yeah Mariano Rivera, Derek Jeter, Randy Johnson, Bernie Williams, Tino Martinez, Mike Mussina, Alex Rodriguez, Gary Sheffield, and Hideki Matsui have all really stunk in the postseason.

Do you even realize what you type JBF or are you really that retarded?

So.. a team that was the first to 70 wins, and has the best record in the majors, isn't the best team, because they play the Royals and the Tigers (who were good, until the team quit at the trade deadline)? Sound logic, well thought through.

And, I'm glad you're ignoring the St. Louis Cardinals. Their offense is pretty potent, and they added Mark Mulder to their staff, which also has Chris Carpenter who, when he pitches, pitches a complete game shut out, Matt Morris, who's righted himself, and Jason Marquis, who isn't bad. And, the Cards have gotten to 70 wins, through all their injuries.

OMG...can you believe this clown???

ss, give me a friggn' break will ya please? The Chisox are the best team in the AL? Why? Because YOU (a tigers fan) say the Tigers were respectable when the Chisox beat them like a government mule? Earth to shadow...the Tigers still suck horribly bad! Just because they arent losing 120 games again doesnt mean they dont suck, fella. And do the Tigers ever suck! Believe this: The Chisox record is HUGELY inflated and they will get SMOKED in the postseason. NOBODY on that team scares me, not even Konerko! We'll run right through Buerhle and Garland like we did this weekend.

And ST. Louis? I have to take them seriously now all of a sudden? Why...because they have a good record in the National League...the Junior Varsity of MLB? F that and F the Cards! They couldnt even hang with the AL teams that will MISS the freakin' the playoffs! Jeez, even the Yankees could beat the Cards.

Oooohhh...they added a shot Mark Mulder, who if he could still get it done in the AL (varsity baseball, remember) Billy Beane woulda never let him go!

Oh, my bad...I am forgetting about the great Chris Carpenter! You dont think I remember this SCRUB ASS from when he pitched in Toronto to about a 5.00 ERA per year? We lit him up then and we'll light him up again if he is unfortunate enough to meet the Mighty Red Sox in a World Series rematch!

And yet, still better than Boston and New York. How strange...

dude, no they're not.

Bostons the best hitting team in baseball. Period.

Garlands a nice pitcher, but has definetely had luck on his side this year. He has what, 50 something strikeouts this year. Those groundballs he's getting now turn into linedrives at Fenway. The Sox absolutely teed of on him.

The White Sox can't hit and their pitching is overrated. They do play solid defense though.

Watching the Yankee White SOx series you would have noticed the Yankees were hitting the ball hard, just directly at people and a couple of overrated catches by Aarron Rowand.

ss, give me a friggn' break will ya please? The Chisox are the best team in the AL? Why? Because YOU (a tigers fan) say the Tigers were respectable when the Chisox beat them like a government mule? Earth to shadow...the Tigers still suck horribly bad! Just because they arent losing 120 games again doesnt mean they dont suck, fella. And do the Tigers ever suck! Believe this: The Chisox record is HUGELY inflated and they will get SMOKED in the postseason. NOBODY on that team scares me, not even Konerko! We'll run right through Buerhle and Garland like we did this weekend.

agreed, the Chisox top two pitchers got raped this weekend, they cant be the best team just because they beat the royals :lol:

And ST. Louis? I have to take them seriously now all of a sudden? Why...because they have a good record in the National League...the Junior Varsity of MLB? F that and F the Cards! They couldnt even hang with the AL teams that will MISS the freakin' the playoffs! Jeez, even the Yankees could beat the Cards.

Oooohhh...they added a shot Mark Mulder, who if he could still get it done in the AL (varsity baseball, remember) Billy Beane woulda never let him go!

Oh, my bad...I am forgetting about the great Chris Carpenter! You dont think I remember this SCRUB a$$ from when he pitched in Toronto to about a 5.00 ERA per year? We lit him up then and we'll light him up again if he is unfortunate enough to meet the Mighty Red Sox in a World Series rematch!

be careful what you wish for, the Cards arent even living up to their potential this year

Oh, my bad...I am forgetting about the great Chris Carpenter! You dont think I remember this SCRUB a$$ from when he pitched in Toronto to about a 5.00 ERA per year? We lit him up then and we'll light him up again if he is unfortunate enough to meet the Mighty Red Sox in a World Series rematch!

OMG! Wow! You really schooled me! :roll:

First, can't you type out Oh My God? Is it really that much of an effort?

Now, the White Sox... they're bad because of a bad weekend? Wow... then they must be the worst team in AAA! Well, I guess that's why they play 162 games, huh champ? Their record isn't as inflated as you think. The Red Sox still play the Devil Rays. And, when did I say the Tigers were world beaters? I meant they were just respectable. I like how you put words in my mouth. I never said the Tigers didn't suck. As a matter of fact, I'm pissed at the Tigers. But that's neither here nor there. Like I said, one weekend does not make a team, nor does it unmake a team. Oh, and I'm pretty sure the Sox aren't going to make the playoffs. So, y'know, this is all a moot point.

The Cards. Wow... no respect. I'm shocked. When have you had respect for anyone? You even argue with other Sox fans. But, the Cards... obviously you don't think they're any good. They couldn't hang with teams in the AL? Are you on ******* crack?! How ******* stupid are you? Yeah, that Mark Mulder and that Chris Carpenter. Have you even noticed Carpenter? He has 17 wins this year. He pitched like 11 complete games. He's going to win the NL Cy Young. And you disrespect him. Because, as we know, any player not on the Red Sox is complete garbage. And, Mark Mulder, with that line up, is money. That line up... Scott Rolen, Albert Pujols, Jim Edmonds... y'knwo, it's pretty nice. But, then again, you don't respect anyone, so no matter what I say, you'll just say they suck in all caps and try to disreguard what I've said, with the facts I've proved. The NL might not be as strong as the AL, but the cards are better than the Sox. Just deal with it, Zippy.

Let's not forget the WHITESox were well on their way to victory over Boston yesterday b4 the rains came.

With Posednik and Frank Thomas hurt the WhiteSox still slapped the crap out of Wells, Schilling and Clement all w/end.

Natural let down after performing well in the Bronx.

Boston may have taken the series but were far from stamping themselves as being convincingly the better team.

Yep.

Its official. We can all stop s*cking the White Sox' d*cks because they have lost 6 straight and are apparently coming back down to Earth!

Dont worry...I wont specifically name those of you who DARE to question my baseball intellect earlier in this thread when I insinuated that the ChiSox SUCK and are NOT an impediment to our crusade to repeat.

Im just happy being the anti-JonEJinx. You see how I roll? I author a thread and it soon becomes prophecy.

Yep.

Its official. We can all stop s*cking the White Sox' d*cks because they have lost 6 straight and are apparently coming back down to Earth!

Dont worry...I wont specifically name those of you who DARE to question my baseball intellect earlier in this thread when I insinuated that the ChiSox SUCK and are NOT an impediment to our crusade to repeat.

Im just happy being the anti-JonEJinx. You see how I roll? I author a thread and it soon becomes prophecy.

Just a reminder... your Red Sox lost a series to those 'awesome' Detroit Tigers... I wouldn't go getting your rocks off yet.

Just a reminder... your Red Sox lost a series to those 'awesome' Detroit Tigers... I wouldn't go getting your rocks off yet.

Look ss, I know that the recent Tigers-Red Sox 3 game stint was your own personal World Series and all and I hate to rain on your parade...but it was relatively meaningless to RSN. Not much changed in the standings as the Yanks dropped 2 of 3 to the D-Rays, a team even LOWLIER than the Tigers.

Look on the bight side...nobody is talking about contracting the Tigers, tho that may be right around the corner.

Look ss, I know that the recent Tigers-Red Sox 3 game stint was your own personal World Series and all and I hate to rain on your parade...but it was relatively meaningless to RSN. Not much changed in the standings as the Yanks dropped 2 of 3 to the D-Rays, a team even LOWLIER than the Tigers.

Look on the bight side...nobody is talking about contracting the Tigers, tho that may be right around the corner.

Personal world series? You are straight trippin'. Baseball died for me about a month ago... I dunno why you can't get that through your freakin skull.

Now, while the White Sox have dropped six, your Sox have dropped two of their past four, including two to those lowly Tigers. A team that is complete garbage. A team that doesn't like each other. A team where their two superstars don't even want to be there. Your boys lost to a team that doesn't even want to be together.

And, haven't the Devil Rays had the best, or one of the best records in the majors since the All Star break? At least they like playing for their manager.

Trust me, you shouldn't throw stones in glass houses... the Tigers are just as bad, if not worse, than the Rays. Hell, the Tigers are probably worse than the Royals right now.

Yep.

Konerko-Posednik-Hermanson- Thomas-Crede all hurt during the slide doesn't help.

The AL really doesn't have a complete team but when healthy the WSox come the closest.

Konerko-Posednik-Hermanson- Thomas-Crede all hurt during the slide doesn't help.

The AL really doesn't have a complete team but when healthy the WSox come the closest.

I'm sorry, I dont give free passes to teams for injuries. If I did...I'd have granted the Red Sox another title a year ago seeing as their ace and their all star caliber closer have spent the majority of the season on the DL or attempting to play hurt.

I'm sorry, I dont give free passes to teams for injuries. If I did...I'd have granted the Red Sox another title a year ago seeing as their ace and their all star caliber closer have spent the majority of the season on the DL or attempting to play hurt.

No free pass required.

Last I looked they still had a better record than

Boston and are 18-13 in the AL East with 5 of the losses coming while key players are hurt.

Will Boston play .500 ball in the East this year?

How bout on the road?

They also play in a tougher division.

Archived