Los Angeles Lakers Thread [Merged 17X]

Ghost

• Replies 995
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wow, you cannot be serious.

Kobe Bryant is a much better player than LeBron James who at this point has still acheived next to nothing in his career. The hype that surrounds him is way over the top IMO.

Kobe Bryant has had the luxury of playing with players such as Shaq, Gasol, and other good players on his team. LeBron has had...errr... Ilgauskaus, Sczerbiak...? And has still gotten that team to the finals.

Kobe is a great player, LeBron is an absolute freak. I have never, ever seen him be stopped when he decides to drive the lane. He either gets fouled, dunks, or finds a wide open teamate every single time.

LeBron is a much better player. IMO its not even close.

Kobe Bryant has had the luxury of playing with players such as Shaq, Gasol, and other good players on his team. LeBron has had...errr... Ilgauskaus, Sczerbiak...? And has still gotten that team to the finals.

Kobe is a great player, LeBron is an absolute freak. I have never, ever seen him be stopped when he decides to drive the lane. He either gets fouled, dunks, or finds a wide open teamate every single time.

LeBron has proven absolutely nothing thus far.

LeBron has proven absolutely nothing thus far.

LOL. He has proven just as much as Kobe, if not more.

I seriously want to see Kobe make the Finals surrounded by the team that LeBron was surrounded by. I would seriously be afraid to see what LeBron could do with the teams Kobe has been surrounded by.

Lebron does have ben wallace too. Ilgausblah was a pretty good shooter when I saw him play vs the celtics. I saw Lebron drive a lot against the celtics and miss, sad because they would have won if he hit a few more and played like he usually does. He has impressed me though, just not like Kobe. Kobe, I don't see miss. Lebron needs to drive because he doesn't have a great outside shot. Yeah sure he hits some shots but if he dribbled down with 2 seconds left I'd rather have Kobe poppin up for the jumper then Lebron.

Plus with Lebron, it's all about Lebron and that pisses me off.

I seriously want to see Kobe make the Finals surrounded by the team that LeBron was surrounded by. I would seriously be afraid to see what LeBron could do with the teams Kobe has been surrounded by.

Lebron has done absolutely nothing so far while Kobe has three rings. Regardless of supporting cast that immediately seperates the 2.

One thing that I've notice about the Cavs is that they force it to be all about LeBron no matte rwhat the supporting cast is. IMO LeBron has always been incredibly overated.

Lebron does have ben wallace too. Ilgausblah was a pretty good shooter when I saw him play vs the celtics. I saw Lebron drive a lot against the celtics and miss, sad because they would have won if he hit a few more and played like he usually does. He has impressed me though, just not like Kobe. Kobe, I don't see miss. Lebron needs to drive because he doesn't have a great outside shot. Yeah sure he hits some shots but if he dribbled down with 2 seconds left I'd rather have Kobe poppin up for the jumper then Lebron.

1 - Ben Wallace? Are you freakin kidding me? Are we talking about the same undersized big man who is a good defender but a reliability on offense, that Ben Wallace?

2- Ilgausalkaus or whatever is 7'2 and has a decent jumpshot, but he may be the most unathletic, soft, big man in the NBA right now.

3 - I agree, LeBron did have a terrible first few games against the Celtics, partly because he was being tripple teamed every time he touched the ball! And dont give me the crap that they tripple Kobe also, they dont because Kobe has much better talent surrounding him.

4 - With LeBron, its all about LeBron because it has to be...He is far and away the only real threat on that entire Cavaliers team, and he's still managed to take them to the playoffs three consecutive seasons and to the Finals last season.

Lebron has done absolutely nothing so far while Kobe has three rings. Regardless of supporting cast that immediately seperates the 2.

One thing that I've notice about the Cavs is that they force it to be all about LeBron no matte rwhat the supporting cast is. IMO LeBron has always been incredibly overated.

I actually do not mean to offend you or be an a$$, but that comment shows how little you know about basketball.

If the Cavs didn't force it to LeBron, they would never make it anywhere, because nobody else on that team is enough of a threat to do any serious damage.

I also don't know what "absolutely nothing" is supposed to mean. Since when does carrying a team to three consecutive playoff berths and a finals appearance surrounded by a bunch of nobodies qualify as "absolutely nothing"?

Put Shaq or Gasol or Horry or anyone of that caliber on LeBron's team, and the results would be horrifying.

1 - Ben Wallace? Are you freakin kidding me? Are we talking about the same undersized big man who is a good defender but a reliability on offense, that Ben Wallace?

2- Ilgausalkaus or whatever is 7'2 and has a decent jumpshot, but he may be the most unathletic, soft, big man in the NBA right now.

3 - I agree, LeBron did have a terrible first few games against the Celtics, partly because he was being tripple teamed every time he touched the ball! And dont give me the crap that they tripple Kobe also, they dont because Kobe has much better talent surrounding him.

4 - With LeBron, its all about LeBron because it has to be...He is far and away the only real threat on that entire Cavaliers team, and he's still managed to take them to the playoffs three consecutive seasons and to the Finals last season.

1. haha yup that ben wallace. and he did suck on offense but he's still not a scrub

2. the guy was scoring a ****load of points and lebron needed to hit like 2 more shots. when lebron scores 50% of the points thats pretty bad and I dont think it's all the other players fault.

3. Lebron will be triple teamed and still shoots the ball. pass the freakin ball man! **if you are triple teamed someone is open!

4. You are right. This doesn't help the team morale though. The team know they suck so they go out and suck. I've heard about people playing better than they are and it could happen but not with a leader like Lebron.

Scrubs or not, they still made it to the NBA which means they have to be somewhat decent and if Lebron is demanding triple teams then these guys should be able to hit some open shots. Certain guys make the players around them better and certain ones are black holes. Kobe may have some better talent and/or maybe they are playing good as a team.

1. haha yup that ben wallace. and he did suck on offense but he's still not a scrub

2. the guy was scoring a ****load of points and lebron needed to hit like 2 more shots. when lebron scores 50% of the points thats pretty bad and I dont think it's all the other players fault.

3. Lebron will be triple teamed and still shoots the ball. pass the freakin ball man! **if you are triple teamed someone is open!

4. You are right. This doesn't help the team morale though. The team know they suck so they go out and suck. I've heard about people playing better than they are and it could happen but not with a leader like Lebron.

Scrubs or not, they still made it to the NBA which means they have to be somewhat decent and if Lebron is demanding triple teams then these guys should be able to hit some open shots. Certain guys make the players around them better and certain ones are black holes. Kobe may have some better talent and/or maybe they are playing good as a team.

LeBron does pass, but its easy for teams to leave players like Verajao, Ilgauskaus, and Wallace wide open on the perimeter without getting burned. Boobie Gibson ended up being one of the heroes of the Cavs last season because he was the only one that proved capable of hitting shots consistently when Lebron got him open looks.

When you have a freak like LeBron on your team, you would be hurting yourself if you did not give him the ball close to every opportunity you had.

I agree the Cavs are a bad team w/o Lebron and Danny Ferry is probably a bottom 5 GM in the NBA. Who in their right mind trades Drew Gooden and Larry Hughes for Ben Wallace at this stage of his career? Awful trade.

Drafting Lebron was a no-brainer for Ferry. If Lebron didn't fall in Cleveland's lap they'd still be winning around 20 games a season.

LMAO

lebron is bum

he cant shoot and cant play d

he cant dunk

tha dunks he does any1 can do

he cant drive or beat his man like kobe

stop postin

no one like u

in tha east

lmao u are snortin coke or somethin

lebron wouldnt even make it to tha playoffs tha last few years wit tha bums kobe played wit in tha west

ppl like u should be banned

GGM,

How are you gonna say that Lebron is better than Kobe. Lebron has a HORRIBLE shot. Kobe would kill him one on one. Kobe passes the ball, and when Kobe wants to score he will. You cant say that about Lebron. The only thing Lebron can do better is be a ballhog.

ben wallace in 2008 = bernie williams in 2006

GGM,

How are you gonna say that Lebron is better than Kobe. Lebron has a HORRIBLE shot. Kobe would kill him one on one. Kobe passes the ball, and when Kobe wants to score he will. You cant say that about Lebron. The only thing Lebron can do better is be a ballhog.

LeBron does NOT have a HORRIBLE shot, LMAO. He does not have as good of a shot as Kobe, but it is far from horrible.

Second of all, put Shaq or Gasol or Horry or any of those guys on LeBrons team and he would absolutely dominant, hell, he already is. You say he doesnt pass because he doesnt end up with a lot of assists. Well, guess what, assists are the single most overrated stat in basketball, its really just another way of counting points. So, if the people he passes to cant score, no, you cannot have all that many assists.

Third, I can say that LeBron scores at will just as well as you say Kobe does, its an opinion, not a fact.

Eh, basketball in general is horrible now. no, make that awful. nobody can shoot the ****ing ball anymore, and I see 3 on 1's where the dude throws it back to some dude to launch a 3 pointer. it's all one on one clear outs when they play half court offense. awful. they can't score 100 points without triple ot.

I grew up watching DR J and pistol Pete and Bird and Magic. those guys back then would kick these guys asses today. just like the Europeans and south americans are doing to our Olympic teams.

Rant over

Eh, basketball in general is horrible now. no, make that awful. nobody can shoot the ****ing ball anymore, and I see 3 on 1's where the dude throws it back to some dude to launch a 3 pointer. it's all one on one clear outs when they play half court offense. awful. they can't score 100 points without triple ot.

I grew up watching DR J and pistol Pete and Bird and Magic. those guys back then would kick these guys asses today. just like the Europeans and south americans are doing to our Olympic teams.

Rant over

The NBA sucks. I cannot stand how that league has managed to screw everything up over the past twenty years.

They have made the game all about the flashy dunks and one and one drives...I hate the fact that they cannot enforce their own rules (traveling) and make rules (charge circle) simply to enhance the frequency of a cool dunk.

Pisses me off, because Basketball is a great sport, and most people watch the NBA and think its real basketball, pathetic.

The NBA sucks. I cannot stand how that league has managed to screw everything up over the past twenty years.

They have made the game all about the flashy dunks and one and one drives...I hate the fact that they cannot enforce their own rules (traveling) and make rules (charge circle) simply to enhance the frequency of a cool dunk.

Pisses me off, because Basketball is a great sport, and most people watch the NBA and think its real basketball, pathetic.

I know the NBA right now is pure trash from the NBA I grew up on in the 1990's. I remember watching great basketball players like Michael Jordan, and a very young, healthy Grant Hill. Then you had the top big men in the league like Shaq, Ewing, Zo, Hakeem, Kemp, and so on. The game now doesn't match up to what it once was in the 1990's. I am not saying the 90's were the best of the NBA, but it was a pretty damn good decade for the NBA.

I am not being biased or anything, but I really think a player like Dwight Howard can bring the excitement back into the NBA. He has never missed an NBA game in his career yet. He has played all 82 games in every Orlando Magic regular season game. So you know he just loves to play the game. He isn't a me, me, me type player like the Kobe's and Lebron's of the league.

Sportscenter and the 3 point shot ruined basketball. it's all about flashy dunks now and being on sportscenter. the guys that grew up playing without the 3 point shot knew when to take it and when not to take it. you don't take it on a farking 3 on 1.

Back in the day everybody could shoot the ball and there were many more great players throughout the league.

Rant over

That's the only thing I don't get about basketball. If the "Dream Team" can't beat a bunch of Europeans, how much there not in the league ?

Archived