Peavy would approve trade to Yankees, not to Boston

MagicBizkit87

Would Hughes be apart of the Peavy trade?

I'm honestly not sure. If Hughes isn't in it, which I am hoping he wont, because I know he'll be a great pitcher, then something like this:

Ian Kennedy (hopefully they'd take him)

Austin Jackson (gotta give someone close to ready, and as good as him)

Dellin Betances (top of the younger pitching prospects)

Mark Melancon? (he's a pretty good relief prospect, I think he could close in the future)

I'm honestly not sure. If Hughes isn't in it, which I am hoping he wont, because I know he'll be a great pitcher, then something like this:

Ian Kennedy (hopefully they'd take him)

Austin Jackson (gotta give someone close to ready, and as good as him)

Dellin Betances (top of the younger pitching prospects)

Mark Melancon? (he's a pretty good relief prospect, I think he could close in the future)

I'm not sure why the Yanks would give up so much "talent" for Jake Peavy.

Yankee fans are overrating their prospects, again.

Sounds like someone is jealous that his team has no chance whatsoever to get Jake Peavy.

The Minnesota Twins took crap from the Mets for Johan Santana, and it was basically known it was crap, and they did the trade. Basically what the Padres are thinking, probably is they will take less from an American League team, to keep him out of the National League, so a trade like I said above, could very well happen.

Besides, apparently Kevin Towers doesn't think were overrating our prospects. Especially since he says no to Boston, and yes to the Yankees.

Sounds like someone is jealous that his team has no chance whatsoever to get Jake Peavy.

The Red Sox made it to the ALCS without Jake Peavy. They'll be just fine.

The Red Sox aren't that desperate, where they're going to have to throw over $200 million at a couple of pitchers.

Plus, I could give a **** about Jake Peavy. He's been lighting it up in the awful NL West. Bring him to NY, please. Carl Pavano did well in the NL, too.

Did you just compare Carl Pavano to Jake Peavy? That pretty much proves your knowledge of these two players. If we were to compare a National League pitcher to Carl Pavano, that would be Ben Sheets.

Carl Pavano has never had an ERA under 3. Jake Peavy has had an ERA under 3 in 4 of his 6 1/2 seasons.

If you really think Carl Pavano, and Jake Peavy are comparable pitchers, then no offense, but you're an idiot.

Did you just compare Carl Pavano to Jake Peavy? That pretty much proves your knowledge of these two players. If we were to compare a National League pitcher to Carl Pavano, that would be Ben Sheets.

Carl Pavano has never had an ERA under 3. Jake Peavy has had an ERA under 3 in 4 of his 6 1/2 seasons.

If you really think Carl Pavano, and Jake Peavy are comparable pitchers, then no offense, but you're an idiot.

If you think that San Diego would take that package for Peavy, then no offense, but you're an idiot.

BTW, I'll gladly admit that Peavy is a better pitcher than Pavano. I wasn't comparing them, per se. I was comparing their situations. Bring Peavy to the AL East. Pay him $20 million a year.

If you think that San Diego would take that package for Peavy, then no offense, but you're an idiot.

BTW, I'll gladly admit that Peavy is a better pitcher than Pavano. I wasn't comparing them, per se. I was comparing their situations. Bring Peavy to the AL East. Pay him $20 million a year.

The New York Mets got the Minnesota Twins to take crap for Johan Santana. So why the hell wont the San Diego Padres, and equally stupid franchise to the Twins take that crappy offer from the Yankees.

You got to see, if that is the best offer the Padres get, which I doubt it is, they'll take it only to get Jake Peavy out of the National League. That's exactly what the Twins did with Johan Santana by sending him out of the American League.

Ok, lets bring Peavy to the American League East for 20 million a year, and have him in a rotation with Sabathia, Wang, Joba, and Pettitte, or Mussina.

Thor I've read a lot of your posts about baseball and I have to say you know jack **** about the sport. You really do. Everything you post is tainted by an immense hatred and jealousy for the yankees. You hate the yankees more than you love the sawks. Which means you care about the yanks more than the sawks. I still love you though.

The New York Mets got the Minnesota Twins to take crap for Johan Santana. So why the hell wont the San Diego Padres, and equally stupid franchise to the Twins take that crappy offer from the Yankees.

You got to see, if that is the best offer the Padres get, which I doubt it is, they'll take it only to get Jake Peavy out of the National League. That's exactly what the Twins did with Johan Santana by sending him out of the American League.

Ok, lets bring Peavy to the American League East for 20 million a year, and have him in a rotation with Sabathia, Wang, Joba, and Pettitte, or Mussina.

Didn't the Twins take that crap from the Mets instead of the same crap you are proposing in this Yankee trade? Glad to see that he is willing to give the Yanks a discount too.

Didn't the Twins take that crap from the Mets instead of the same crap you are proposing in this Yankee trade? Glad to see that he is willing to give the Yanks a discount too.

Didn't the yankees say no to Santana. They were willing to take a deal that didn't include hughes from what I heard at the time.

Didn't the yankees say no to Santana. They were willing to take a deal that didn't include hughes from what I heard at the time.

I heard a ton of **** at the time. The only thing I know for sure is that the Yanks were in the mix and making offers and the Twins took the Mets offer. If what the Mets gave was so ****ty why didn't they take the Yanks offer? The team needs more lefties.

I heard a ton of **** at the time. The only thing I know for sure is that the Yanks were in the mix and making offers and the Twins took the Mets offer. If what the Mets gave was so ****ty why didn't they take the Yanks offer? The team needs more lefties.

In my opinion no matter what the Yankees offered it was better then what the Mets offered. Like I said in one of my posts in here, the only reason why the Twins basically said no to the Yankees, and yes to the Mets is because the Yankees are in the same league that the Twins are.

Think about it for a second, would you want to trade one of the best pitchers to a team in the same league as you? Twins are a very dumb organization, but they're not that dumb, considering they got Santana the hell away from the American League.

In my opinion no matter what the Yankees offered it was better then what the Mets offered. Like I said in one of my posts in here, the only reason why the Twins basically said no to the Yankees, and yes to the Mets is because the Yankees are in the same league that the Twins are.

Think about it for a second, would you want to trade one of the best pitchers to a team in the same league as you? Twins are a very dumb organization, but they're not that dumb, considering they got Santana the hell away from the American League.

Cheap does not equal dumb.

Paying guys like Wright, Pavano and Giambi sounds pretty dumb to me.

Maybe you are right about the league thing, I don't know. I'm not a huge fan of trading players, especially young, cheap pitching for the right to sign a guy to a huge contract. Pay Sabathia, fine. Trade Hughes for "negotiating rights" with Santana? Bit rich for my blood.

The Red Sox made it to the ALCS without Jake Peavy. They'll be just fine.

The Red Sox aren't that desperate, where they're going to have to throw over $200 million at a couple of pitchers.

why is it that red sox fans still think that we care how much our payroll is...the yankees have more money than god, who cares how much we pay..i will start looking at payroll if there is a cap, not before...until then, spend as much as you damn well please.

we have it, we spend it. others would like to, but we can.

The Twins are a "dumb" organization? Anyone that knows anything about the sport, knows the Twins are one of the best run organizations in the league. They are consistently highly competitive while having a very manageable payroll. Again to say that the Mets package for Santana is garbage? What do you base that on. Carlos Gomez is 23 years old and has started one year and already is better than the great Melky Cabrera. Phil Hughes who the twins initially turned down, bombed out when he was able to pitch this past year. NO ONE KNOWS, how good he'll be. His winter ball stats has been uneven. I know you like to post a message every time he pitches well in winter ball, but are no where to be seen when he gets rocked. You're not getting Peavy for scraps. For one, Peavy is under contract already and Santana was an impending free agent.

As a Sox fan, I want nothing to do with Peavy. Not only does he pitch in mostly huge ballparks against subpar NL Line-ups, he also doesn't pitch too deeply into games. He is a 5-6 inning pitcher in the NL, which doesn't bode well for translating to the AL. I'd stay away from him if it was up to me.

The Twins are a "dumb" organization? Anyone that knows anything about the sport, knows the Twins are one of the best run organizations in the league. They are consistently highly competitive while having a very manageable payroll. Again to say that the Mets package for Santana is garbage? What do you base that on. Carlos Gomez is 23 years old and has started one year and already is better than the great Melky Cabrera. Phil Hughes who the twins initially turned down, bombed out when he was able to pitch this past year. NO ONE KNOWS, how good he'll be. His winter ball stats has been uneven. I know you like to post a message every time he pitches well in winter ball, but are no where to be seen when he gets rocked. You're not getting Peavy for scraps. For one, Peavy is under contract already and Santana was an impending free agent.

Uh, when did the Twins turn down Hughes?

I'm not arguing that they don't run there organization right, but I don't recall them turning down Hughes.

Thor I've read a lot of your posts about baseball and I have to say you know jack **** about the sport. You really do. Everything you post is tainted by an immense hatred and jealousy for the yankees. You hate the yankees more than you love the sawks. Which means you care about the yanks more than the sawks. I still love you though.

I promise that is untrue. With there being so many Yankee fans around here, patting themselves on the back, I feel the need to take you down a couple of notches. It's tough to be jealous of a third place team that didn't make the playoffs, don't you think?

And I love you too.

I promise that is untrue. With there being so many Yankee fans around here, patting themselves on the back, I feel the need to take you down a couple of notches. It's tough to be jealous of a third place team that didn't make the playoffs, don't you think?

And I love you too.

And yet you manage to do it everyday of the week and twice on sunday.

As a Sox fan, I want nothing to do with Peavy. Not only does he pitch in mostly huge ballparks against subpar NL Line-ups, he also doesn't pitch too deeply into games. He is a 5-6 inning pitcher in the NL, which doesn't bode well for translating to the AL. I'd stay away from him if it was up to me.

Does he only go 5-6 innings because he runs out of gas or because he's pulled for a pinch hitter?

What makes you think Carlos Gomez is all that much better then Melky Cabrera? Gomez does have an amazing .296 on base percentage, and Melky had a horrible year, and still probably had a better year then Gomez, and a better On Base Percentage, as well.

Philip Humber? Kevin Mulvey? Deolis Guerra? Get real, you guys raped them and thats all there is to it. If you think any of those players are worth something to the likes of Johan Santana, then you're just a paranoid Mets fan.

Mets fans get so offensive when they get told they got Santana for crap. Why are you so offensive? You got Johan Santana, stop obsessing over the crappy players you gave the Twins.

I'm not sure what I would be willing to give up for Peavy. I certainly don't want to overpay to get him. Keep in mind that he's an NL guy who plays in a tremendously pitcher-friendly park. His numbers will not be as good in the AL and in New Yankee Stadium, probably.

We have to keep that in perspective.

Archived