Where Were You 28 Years Ago Today?

SoFlaJets

anybody else remember these two days in 1980?

i remember EXACTLY where i was. I was going to post a thread about this if i hadnt been so distracted by the stinky jets.

i was in my dorm .. and i was studying for finals and i took a break and went in the tv room and turned on the black and white.. and there it was.. i thought they were kidding.

i couldnt believe it... how was that possible. he was so young.

Watching Monday Night Football and hearing some horrible news.

Same for me TX. I still remember Howard cutting in with the news. RIP John and Howard. I thought all of you old timers would all like to see these. Thanks for the thread, SFJ.

Ds82Id_GMe8

6A-4Ll4l8ow

damn Lil Mick you really do look a lot like your mom

THANK YOU!! luckly i got sports from my dad and looks from my mom.. and no bull**** i SWEAR TO GOD this happened Mickey Mantle once stood up at a banquet and said to everyone "Have you ever seen such an overmarried man like Tommy"(my dad) :D Mom is a HUGE Beatles fan by the way she listen to Beatle brunch every saturday on Magic 102.7

THANK YOU!! luckly i got sports from my dad and looks from my mom.. and no bull**** i SWEAR TO GOD this happened Mickey Mantle once stood up at a banquet and said to everyone "Have you ever seen such an overmarried man like Tommy"(my dad) :D Mom is a HUGE Beatles fan by the way she listen to Beatle brunch every saturday on Magic 102.7

LOL on The Mick's line about your dad. How did they know each other?

that's a pretty good show Mick

LOL on The Mick's line about your dad. How did they know each other?

my dad used to be the assitant GM of the Fort Lauderdale Yankees and then he started running the locker room for Mick's fantasy camp.. it was called Mickey Mantle's week of dreams.. and they got pretty close because they both can do 12oz curls with the best of them Marylin Mantle used to call my dad to go pick Mickey up from spots in which he could drive out of..lol

my dad used to be the assitant GM of the Fort Lauderdale Yankees and then he started running the locker room for Mick's fantasy camp.. it was called Mickey Mantle's week of dreams.. and they got pretty close because they both can do 12oz curls with the best of them Marylin Mantle used to call my dad to go pick Mickey up from spots in which he could drive out of..lol[/QUOTE]

LOL. How much would any of us old school Yankee fans give to sit down with your Dad and have him tell us these stories.

man he could tell you some **** Borgo.. my dad also had the honor of attending his funeral in Dallas and was one of the 20 people that got to watch him get put into the wall and we still have a rose from his coffin in a shadow box with the funeral program thing that they give everyone that attended..

I was watching Monday Night Football in the lounge at my dorm. Spent the rest of the night listeniung to Beatles records with some other fans and drinking.

I crashed out early from a hard hot day on the scaffold but when I woke up at 6 my cousin Anthony said "something must've happened-they keep playing Beatles songs on WNEW"

Mark David Chapman was someone who was stalking actress Jodi Foster. Chapman shot Lennon as a way to impress her. What a f**king POS.

If he'd only known that she was a carpet muncher and wouldn't have been impressed by anything that he did anyway, things might have turned out differently.

Archived