Jets withdrawal

TaborJet

Here we are again, standing at the edge of the 2nd season of football, with no Jets to root on to victory. This is a position we are very accustomed to being in. (side note to Pats fans - welcome back for the first time since 2000).

So as a Jets fan, the annual question comes up: who do we root for now? I know I am a Ravens fan, at least for this weekend's matchup with the Fins. But it's tough to root for any team, it's tough to watch a game with the same intensity. As for me, if I miss a game here or there, no big deal. No Jets = not that important.

Of course, if you want to put a spin on "Jets withdrawal" you could say this is the time of the year of coitous interruptus between the Jets and the fans, although with the coaching/QB situation in limbo, plus the inevitable PSLs forthcoming, you could say the Jets aren't done ****ing us just yet.

I'm rooting for Peyton Manning to win it all this year. The better Peyton Manning does the less people will remember Tom Brady twenty years from now. That is just how it is. Peyton wins a few more rings/MVPs and Brady is the second best of the ERA and second best is never really remember as much.

A lot of teams I like in the NFC:

Vikings - I've always been one of the few fans of Tavaris Jackson and AP is my favorite player to watch in the league.

Falcons - Ma boy Matty Ryan! Love what he's done in his rookie year and would love to see him take the Falcons even further.

Carolina - Behind AP, Steve Smith would be my next favorite player to watch. They have a great running back tandem too in Williams and Stewart.

In the AFC?

I like Pittsburgh and Baltimore for the same reason - GREAT defense! I like Pennington as a player but I ****ing hate the Fish, so I'll be rooting my heart out for the Ravens in that one.

I'm rooting for Peyton Manning to win it all this year. The better Peyton Manning does the less people will remember Tom Brady twenty years from now. That is just how it is. Peyton wins a few more rings/MVPs and Brady is the second best of the ERA and second best is never really remember as much.

Haha! I like your thinking!

I like Pennington as a player but I ****ing hate the Fish, so I'll be rooting my heart out for the Ravens in that one.

Phuckin' A. If Pennington had gone anywhere else, I'd root my ass off for him. But I can never, ever root for the fish. I wish he'd gone to Minny. I'll watch football 'cause I'm at work all weekend and it'll be on, but I'll mostly be disinterested.

Next week I'll root for the Steelers 'cause I'm dating a Steeler fan. I know what side my bread's buttered on.

Haha! I like your thinking!

Phuckin' A. If Pennington had gone anywhere else, I'd root my ass off for him. But I can never, ever root for the fish. I wish he'd gone to Minny. I'll watch football 'cause I'm at work all weekend and it'll be on, but I'll mostly be disinterested.

Next week I'll root for the Steelers 'cause I'm dating a Steeler fan. I know what side my bread's buttered on.

Giving Chad Pennington to the fish was one of the dumbest things this idiotic BS franchise has ever done. All these years, how do you do that, he has killed the fish, he has a winning record and has won two playoff game, 3 if not for a hole brien, that's more pedigree than anyone in jets history after the magic 69 year that half of us missed.

everyone who dissed chad is an friggin idiot, you're right, DAMN anyone but the fish, and i would buy his friggin jersey just because i'm an ego maniac and love to show how right i am, but the FISH.

I guarantee Justin Miller ends up rdoing a desmond howard in a year or two, we friggin suck a$$!!!

Sorry but they will always be remembered. As the team that won superbowls that are tainted. Whether the players knew it or not, the coach and owner did.

Sorry but they will always be remembered. As the team that won superbowls that are tainted. Whether the players knew it or not, the coach and owner did.

They will be remembered. But, as of right now Tom Brady will be remember as well. If peyton blows it out of the water the next few years wins some more mvp's. He will be known simple as the cheater who won 3 super bowls rather than one of the greatest of all time.

Archived