**** The OFFICIAL NFC Championship Game Thread****

LMAO at you idiots arguing, when you're both as wrong as could be.

- The ruling on the field was wrong, in that they claimed the ball touched out-of-bounds, which it clearly did not

- Regardless of that call being wrong, it did appear that the ball hit his arm while he was out-of-bounds, which means that it's a dead ball and Philly's possession; there is no way Arizona gets possession in that case

Appear now....WTF is that

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It absolutely touched is ****ing arm!

The ball bounced off of him and changed direction after hitting him, while his foot was clearly out of bounds.

You're the one making **** up.

My dead grandmother saw the ****ing ball hit his arm while his foot was out of bounds.

Even if you somehow were right... your only proving my point that it was a blown call... the ball did nto hit out of bounds as they called it... and there would not have been clear enough evidence to say it hit his arm... Cards Ball

You agree with me almost exactly though... it was a blown call... in which would have easily been overturned if possible because there was not conclusive evidence that it hit his arm while he was out...

My main point... blown call... as it was...

I disagree, in that I think it's fairly apparent that the ball hit his forearm.

It should be reviewable, however.

LMAO at you idiots arguing, when you're both as wrong as could be.

- The ruling on the field was wrong, in that they claimed the ball touched out-of-bounds, which it clearly did not

- Regardless of that call being wrong, it did appear that the ball hit his arm while he was out-of-bounds, which means that it's a dead ball and Philly's possession; there is no way Arizona gets possession in that case

Johnny, let me explain this to you because you have the brain power to process this information, then you can pass it on to ECURB.

By NFL rule, if a player's foot is out of bounds, his entire body is automatically considered out of bounds territory. Therefore, if the ball touches him, it is, in effect touching outs of bounds territory.

I disagree, in that I think it's fairly apparent that the ball hit his forearm.

It should be reviewable, however.

If the play was reviewable the Coach would have been able to challenge the fact that the ball hit out... and not the fact that it hit his forearm... Cards ball

Also we know they dont overturn a call unless its 110% obvious which this was obviously not... even the announcers werent sure...

Appear now....WTF is that

I think the ball hit his arm. Since they blew the call entirely on the field (saying the ball was out-of-bounds), I don't know how the review would've gone, since they would've then needed to determine if the ball was touched while the player was out-of-bounds.

Johnny, let me explain this to you because you have the brain power to process this information, then you can pass it on to ECURB.

By NFL rule, if a player's foot is out of bounds, his entire body is automatically considered out of bounds territory. Therefore, if the ball touches him, it is, in effect touching outs of bounds territory.

But it's not clear if the ball hit him before or after he went out. When the ball hit him, he may still ahve been in.ANd the director of officials is telling Fox that the ball itself did not go out.

I've stated several times that I think the result of the play was correct.

However, the officials came to that decision incorrectly, by stating:

"The kick touched the receiving player and then touched out-of-bounds."

I've stated several times that I think the result of the play was correct.

However, the officials came to that decision incorrectly, by stating:

"The kick touched the receiving player and then touched out-of-bounds."

Nope Perrara said ball did not touch the iggle when foot was OB

But it's not clear if the ball hit him before or after he went out. When the ball hit him, he may still ahve been in.ANd the director of officials is telling Fox that the ball itself did not go out.

The problem for the officials if they have to review the play is that once they determine that the ball did not go out-of-bounds, they then need to determine if the ball hit the player on the receiving team while he was out-of-bounds. Since there was no call made on the field with respect to that, there is nothing to overturn... it's a completely new decision that is being made, so how do you determine if it is conclusive or not?

Now your just making **** up.

That is not at all what they said.

Yes they did. The Ref said the ball touched out of bounds, which was wrong, because it "supposedly" touched the player while HE was out of bounds.

Which from my perspective, thats exactly what happened.

The problem for the officials if they have to review the play is that once they determine that the ball did not go out-of-bounds, they then need to determine if the ball hit the player on the receiving team while he was out-of-bounds. Since there was no call made on the field with respect to that, there is nothing to overturn... it's a completely new decision that is being made, so how do you determine if it is conclusive or not?
When they first had replay, the excuse they would use not to review was "after the whistle". Seems like "not reviewable" is the new "after the whistle".

Yes they did. The Ref said the ball touched out of bounds, which was wrong, because it "supposedly" touched the player while HE was out of bounds.

Which from my perspective, thats exactly what happened.

That is not what they said.

they said on halftime show

you got a beer instead

Im watching it again right now...

He said, "Near the end of the first half, you had that play where the ball was ruled to be kicked out of bounds by the ref.....The talked to Perrara and he said that was the wrong call, the ball never went out of bounds..

BUT, they did have the correct judgement on the replay. It was the right application of the rule, but probably the wrong call to begin with."

What you and ECURB are not following, is that they the explination of what happened was wrong. He didnt explain that it hit his forearm while he was standing out of bounds.

Its that simple.

FTR, They never said anything about Perrara and the ball touching the player, just that the ball never went out of bounds.

Archived