Rex Ryan loves prevent according to ravens fans.

Jetkid94

i was never a big fan of kiffins.,,they werenyt lights out consistently..

johynson on record of not wantin HC gig,,u want lebaue as HC? belly not available,,

so we did pretty good,,all u mentioned unaavialble

Not saying I want any of those guys as HCs, I was talking about D-coordinators.

Rex is OK, I like the hire. But we have to be patient most likely.

Rex doesn't come without questions. He is the guy that called a timeout in the playoffs against the patriots allowing them to continue thier drive and score the go ahead TD. Game management is most likely going to be a growing pain with him and it's something his dad could never master. Still he is a great DC and coach. Hopefully Jets fans and management are patient with him because they will need to be,

OK, let's play. This allegation is he plays prevent too much. Too many 3 man rushes. I have seen a number of Ravens games. I saw some 3 man rushes. I also saw them get sacks and pressures with their 3 man rushes. You don't blitz just for the sake of blitzing. You do what works. I have no idea what they are talking about with prevent defenses. I rarely saw that. But let's just say they checked to make sure which games I did not watch and played lots of prevent defense in those games.

Who cares? His defense worked. Second rated in the NFL.

Maybe the last Ravens/Steelers game was an aberration. Maybe the Steelers were just that good, but for most of their last game, Ravens largely dominated. Then on back-to-back drives, especially the last one, the Ravens seemed to be playing prevent to avoid the big plays and lost.

He did that with Ngata, Lewis, Suggs, Scott, Reed, McCalister and Rolle. What is he going to do with your LBers? :confused: Look at Chrley Weis. A genius with Brady, but meh without. It is not like he forgot how to coach. It is just he does not have the same groceries.

Maybe the last Ravens/Steelers game was an aberration. Maybe the Steelers were just that good, but for most of their last game, Ravens largely dominated. Then on back-to-back drives, especially the last one, the Ravens seemed to be playing prevent to avoid the big plays and lost.

He did that with Ngata, Lewis, Suggs, Scott, Reed, McCalister and Rolle. What is he going to do with your LBers? :confused: Look at Chrley Weis. A genius with Belicheck, but meh without. It is not like he forgot how to coach. It is just he does not have the same groceries.

Fixed.

Now I agree.

The problem is defensive coaches have been neutralized with the NFL's crazy 5 yard chuck rule. TE's can literally run free up the seem and it's much harder to put a CB on an island. You need a good defense to compete - but defenses can't dominate like they could 5 years ago.

Fixed.

Now I agree.

The problem is defensive coaches have been neutralized with the NFL's crazy 5 yard chuck rule. TE's can literally run free up the seem and it's much harder to put a CB on an island. You need a good defense to compete - but defenses can't dominate like they could 5 years ago.

Either way.

Either way.

Yeah, that is a minor detail to be argued another day. Bottom line is that I agree with what you are saying and just adding something to it. Why do you think BB changed the way he did things after so many years of doing it the same way? Because you now need an offense to win and defense has been offset by that ridiculous rule.

Fixed.

Now I agree.

I think this has separated the good from the great defensive coaches. The #1 and #2 NFL defense just played for the AFC Championship. The #3 defense was in the NFC Championship game.

Defense isn't as important as it used to be???

His players, his own defensive players gave him the nickname "The Mad Scientist" because of his wild and crazy (and super effective), aggressive blitz packages and said they loved going to Wednesday morning meetings like children in candy stores to see what he had planned as a defensive scheme for the upcoming weekend's opponnent.

Ravens players >>>>>> Ravens fans.

The guy is as or more aggressive than any other DC in the NFL and he is one hell of a defensive football coach.

His players, his own defensive players gave him the nickname "The Mad Scientist" because of his wild and crazy (and super effective), aggressive blitz packages and said they loved going to Wednesday morning meetings like children in candy stores to see what he had planned as a defensive scheme for the upcoming weekend's opponnent.

Ravens players >>>>>> Ravens fans.

The guy is as or more aggressive than any other DC in the NFL and he is one hell of a defensive football coach.

I'd rather believe bitter fans. LOL

I think this has separated the good from the great defensive coaches. The #1 and #2 NFL defense just played for the AFC Championship. The #3 defense was in the NFC Championship game.

Defense isn't as important as it used to be???

All of them had good offenses that didn't turn the ball over.

All of them had good offenses that didn't turn the ball over.

Baltimore's offense is as average as it gets. They're in the playoffs for one reason and one reason only - Defense!

Pittsburgh had some offensive problems at the start of the season too, especially with their O-line playing ****. They've came together now but the defense was bailing them out a lot earlier in the year.

This thread is hilarious. Do you ever just watch and maybe judge for yourself?

Ryan is and has been one of the most aggresive defensive co-ordinators in the league.

+1. We don't know a lot about Rex Ryan's ability as a head coach yet, but we do know that the defense will be an aggressive unit predicated on creative blitzes.

And people are confusing something. All teams employ Nickel and Dime packages and sometimes rush only 4, that's not the problem here. The problem is Mangini made it his go-to move constantly while rarely having pre-snap motion, stunts or creative blitzes. The closest thing he got was safety blitzes with Elam. Not to mention that outside of Revis, our corners were average at best last season. Making even less sense as to why we kept playing passive coverage defense as if our secondary could cover all day.

Yes they are, but do not be as naive to not ask why did they fire him?

He was interviewed and passed over by Atlanta, Miami and his own Baltimore team last year after getting fired. He was so brilliant that the FO risked losing him by firing him. :confused:

Again, Ryan maybe all that and a cup of doughnut grease. I am just saying there are questions there. They could be false. They are though. He knows football, no doubt. He also had a great situation and great players..

You are so predictable, with your very objective opinion. :rolleyes: We fully expected you and Garb to try to raise all of the negatives with the hiring.l Quite frankly, we're not interested in your attempts to piss on the parade. Thanks for your input though.

OK, let's play. This allegation is he plays prevent too much. Too many 3 man rushes. I have seen a number of Ravens games. I saw some 3 man rushes. I also saw them get sacks and pressures with their 3 man rushes. You don't blitz just for the sake of blitzing. You do what works. I have no idea what they are talking about with prevent defenses. I rarely saw that. But let's just say they checked to make sure which games I did not watch and played lots of prevent defense in those games.

Who cares? His defense worked. Second rated in the NFL.

Please stop clouding the issue with facts.

i've seen them get sacks with just a 3 man rush...like they did last night on that one play....if you have excellent D-Linemen like the Ravens do, then you can rush 3 and still get pressure on the QB...unlike the JETS this season...hopefully we'll draft some great D-Linemen this year....i really like Ron Brace, B.J. Raji & Fili Moala...

Archived