Jets press conference Wednesday 10 am

jetsrule128

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Q: Time frame for Brett?

- Nope. Focused on coaching staff now.

Q: When will you talk to him?

- Plan on talking to all players. 4 or 5 a day. When it gets to the F's, talk to brett.

Q: How do you change SOJ culture?

- This team won 9 games, this is a good team. No need for drastic change. Drastic change in style of play. Read in react is for someone else. We're going to attack, turn the heat up, play through the whistle. Lists players. Calls Revis 'THE BEST CORNER IN FOOTBALL'.

Q: Gholston?

- Talks about the prospect. I knew I wanted to coach him. Will need to commit/humble himself just like Suggs did. People called Suggs a bust. I personally coached Suggs. Told Suggs he'd be the rookie of the year, I'd have taken you #1 overall... might have taken palmer over him... ha. Talks in more detail about Suggs play. Suggs became a complete player. Think you'll see that with Gholston and others. Excited about this opportunity and think you'll see great things. Expects to always be in top 5 D. Challenge fans: I know the Jet fans, it's a great marriage, our D + fans, it's going to be rough on people. We don't let them score at home.

Q: If Brett wants to play, do you want him back/convince him to come back?

- Anyone would want Favre as QB, not just me. We'll get into particulars later.

Q: Mangini's style irrating?

- I hope I don't irritate the players, I'd like to keep this job. Going to be myself which has been pretty successful for me. Confident in my abilities, coaches abilities, and players abilities. Move guys around and put them in best position to succeed. Meet as a unit, 11 together. Corners will know what Jenkins responsibilities will be on every snap. Kris will tell you that Rhodes will be in Deep 3rd. Accountability to each other. Ed Reed is not a freelance guy, plays within the structure of our defense.

Q: CIMINI - how much say do you have in coaches and personnel?

- Mike has final say on personnel, but I believe it's a joint effort. Suprised if there isn't a 100% consensus, but if there isn't, Mike has the final say. Never been any pressure to hire a specific coach.

Q: Do you want to keep Shotty?

- Brian is an outstanding coach, he's here already, doing myself a disservice by not talking to him and seeing if he wants to be a part of this. One of the top Coordinators in football (O rly?)

------------------

Moves outside for photos.

Archived