Jets press conference Wednesday 10 am

jetsrule128

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"We want to be known as the most physical football team in the NFL...You take a swipe at one of our guys, we'll take a swipe at two of yours."

Asked about Same Old Jets, and how to change culture. "This is a good football team. There really doesn't have to be a drastic change. I think oyu're goin to see a drastic change with some of the play of defense...We're going to be attacking to the whistle, not just to the whistle but through the whistle." He seems excited about the talent in place already, mentions Jenkins, Rhodes, and Revis, whom he calls "the best corner in football."

"I challenge our fans...You see the value in your fans by how you play defense at home...I know the Jets fans. This is going to be great, man...The style of defense we play, with our fans, whooo, it's going to be rough on people

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I cannot wait for the pre-season

Rex Ryan in 15 minutes got me out of a week funk when it comes to this team.

Come get your playbooks boys...Study up and be ready to come and start kicking some tail.

I mentioned this elsewhere ...

The problem with Mangini is not that he was an unintelligent HC. He was smart, but he lacked the aggressiveness to maximize his intelligence and be successful.

Rex is also known as a smart coach ("the mad scientist"), but he's aggressive.

The Jets have tried dumb & passive, then smart & passive, smart & aggressive is the only way to go!!!

The Jets are coming.

I don't think anyone will be able to stop us.

If you take a swipe at one of our guys we're going to take a swipe at two of yours.

We are going to build the offense around the run.

We are going to be aggressive through the whistle.

Sign me up. Go Rex!

watching the after PC coverage I'm telling you guys Ray Lucas knows something when he talks about Brian Schott having the handcuffs put on him the last part of the season. He can't really come right out and say "so and so told me this or that" but he is adamant about it. I believe him.

Mistakes galore in his opening, he should slink back into the shadows, what a nightmare.

All he cares about is winning. ;)

I still can't get over some of the quotes by Rex. He is certainly an emotional guy, if nothing else.

I mentioned this elsewhere ...

The problem with Mangini is not that he was an unintelligent HC. He was smart, but he lacked the aggressiveness to maximize his intelligence and be successful.

Rex is also known as a smart coach ("the mad scientist"), but he's aggressive.

The Jets have tried dumb & passive, then smart & passive, smart & aggressive is the only way to go!!!

Agreed I always said Mangini was a smart guy but he got tight when he coached and lost confidence. It seems that that Ryan's confidence is indefinite hopefully that works as a positive and he doesn't get over confident.

watching the after PC coverage I'm telling you guys Ray Lucas knows something when he talks about Brian Schott having the handcuffs put on him the last part of the season. He can't really come right out and say "so and so told me this or that" but he is adamant about it. I believe him.

I didn't see the segment, but I believe you that Ray Lucas has inside info on this.

He speaks to the players alot. You can tell through the different shows when he drops a tidbit here or there.

Some players are telling Ray Lucas that Mangini handcuffed Schotty on offense. We don't know if it's true, but the players are telling him that.

Mistakes galore in his opening, he should slink back into the shadows, what a nightmare.

I agree, but Woody has, as crazy as it seems, turned out the best owner the team has had.

Yes, that's like saying the 1 legged man is a better athlete than a quadrapalegic, but still.

I didn't see the segment, but I believe you that Ray Lucas has inside info on this.

He speaks to the players alot. You can tell through the different shows when he drops a tidbit here or there.

Some players are telling Ray Lucas that Mangini handcuffed Schotty on offense. We don't know if it's true, but the players are telling him that.

He's a Jersey guy-I'm a Jersey guy...I know what he was saying between the lines SMC...it's the expressions he was making with the words though that made me realize that he HAS indeed spoken to a few guys and knows of what he is speaking

I'm listening to him on the radio.... I love this guy. I do, DAMN YOU REX RYAN DON'T BREAK MY HEART!!!

Welcome to yesterday, Vicious.

Just kidding. I know you couldn't listen to it this morning since you're on the left coast.

Archived