I like Woody for basically saying 'FU' to Cowher...

Fishooked

Anyone catch Woody's interviews on WFAN and 1050 yesterday?

Michael Kay :hand: was basically killing him for not calling Cowher's agent back.

I might be in the minority here, but if Cowher's agent calls and says that "he's 99% percent sure he won't coach this year" then Woody basically said why should I bother if he really doesn't want the job?

You had to know that the only reason his agent called was to see how much money Cowher could squeeze out of Woody Johnson. And I liked the fact that Woody said that 'he wants someone who wants to come here, who wants this job, and doesn't need to be convinced" to come here and coach.

Kay kept grilling him on it, and Woody stood firm.

Sure I wanted Cowher too, but if he really didnt want this job the eff him.

I like Ryan more anyway, I think he he'll have more energy and will be a lot hungrier than Cowher.

Michael Kay :hand: was basically killing him for not calling Cowher's agent back.

I might be in the minority here, but if Cowher's agent calls and says that "he's 99% percent sure he won't coach this year" then Woody basically said why should I bother if he really doesn't want the job?

You had to know that the only reason his agent called was to see how much money Cowher could squeeze out of Woody Johnson. And I liked the fact that Woody said that 'he wants someone who wants to come here, who wants this job, and doesn't need to be convinced" to come here and coach.

I like Ryan more anyway, I think he he'll have more energy and will be a lot hungrier than Cowher.

Based on Ryan's build I think it is safe to say that lack of hunger won't be an issue.

:Typotux:

I would have loved Cowher also, but I 1,000% support this thread.

If your heart isn't in it then we have no need for you. I've been saying all along that the crap Woody has been getting for the media-created Cowher situation was unjust.

I would have loved Cowher also, but I 1,000% support this thread.

If your heart isn't in it then we have no need for you. I've been saying all along that the crap Woody has been getting for the media-created Cowher situation was unjust.

+1

It was reported by Boland early on, but not by the other beat writers, that Cowher's agent was looking for a money grab. That is, that the agent told Woody's people that Cowher was 95% or 99% not going to coach but was willing to listen to a contract number in order to reconsider. So the agent told Woody's people to give him a $ amount he could tell Cowher about before the phone call.

+1

It was reported by Boland early on, but not by the other beat writers, that Cowher's agent was looking for a money grab. That is, that the agent told Woody's people that Cowher was 95% or 99% not going to coach but was willing to listen to a contract number in order to reconsider. So the agent told Woody's people to give him a $ amount he could tell Cowher about before the phone call.

And Woody, for the good of the Jets and rightfully so told Cowher, "Blow me."

I hate how fans overreact to sh*t but what can you do? Its a message board...

Props to Woody for not kissing the ring. At the end of the day, we have a guy who is chomping at the bit, is truly excited to have the job and has a solid background. Whether that translates into wins, time will tell but we should all be feeling a little excited about the possibilities.

I wanted Ryan over Cowher from the start. I think Ryan has great potential as a HC and I've never been a fan of retreads.

No way do you see that kind of excitement out of Cowher if he's at the podium on Wednesday. He doesn't really have anything to prove to anyone.

Cowher probably saw this as a huge cash grab. Someone is going to overpay for him next season, and I hope he fails....Steelers Homer...

I wanted Cowher from the beginning, but I agree with the notion that he shouldn't be here if his heart isn't in it. He obviously wanted to be presented with an offer he couldn't refuse, but Woody didn't give him one.

Particular to the Jets, I believe the team needs a HC with a "Messiah complex." That is, he has to believe that he will be the one to finally bring the Jets back to the promise land.

The last person to have that was Parcells. Herm had the "if we get there, we get there," attitude and Mangini was too insecure to believe he could. I believe Ryan has it and Cowher could have had it, but he just wanted a big payday.

He didn't want the GM and the GM has Woody's ear.

I hope Rex is the real deal and it works out for us..

He didn't want the GM and the GM has Woody's ear.

I hope Rex is the real deal and it works out for us..

No Glenn. It had absolutely nothing to do with Tannenbaum. Cowher only wanted to coach if someone threw 8-10 mil per year at him.

I am so happy we did not grab a prima donna looking for a payday I can not begin to express it in words.

**** Cowher.

Ryan is the ****ing man!!!!!

Archived