Is English soccer different to the NFL?

Blurredorunfocused

Ok, this should possibly be in another section but I read this and laughed at some of these and I`m sure you all will too, sport has become scary and I fear for its future.

Its not structered very well and adverts will have you cussing, but take in all 50 and I SWEAR you will find a fair few that you will be able to relate to!!

Sport the world over is in trouble, and I want some glory before it happens!

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/premier_league/article5589815.ece

Tip, make sure you read the bottom of each page before starting the next!

Apologies for putting this in the wrong place, but sport in general is being slowly killed

and I think this article goes a long way to explaining why.

Ok, this should possibly be in another section but I read this and laughed at some of these and I`m sure you all will too, sport has become scary and I fear for its future.

Its not structered very well and adverts will have you cussing, but take in all 50 and I SWEAR you will find a fair few that you will be able to relate to!!

Sport the world over is in trouble, and I want some glory before it happens!

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/premier_league/article5589815.ece

Tip, make sure you read the bottom of each page before starting the next!

Apologies for putting this in the wrong place, but sport in general is being slowly killed

and I think this article goes a long way to explaining why.

Link isn't working. Check it again.

And The BPL is actually more entertaining that a NY Jets Regular season.

Although Man U is still the Anti-Christ.

37. Formations

Yawn. 4-4-1-1, 4-3-2-1, 4-3-3, 4-1-4-1, 4-2-3-1, 3-5-2, 4-2-1-3. Can’t we just knock it up to the big bloke and get the little bloke to bang it in?

That is exactly why Rangers are fools if they sell off Kris Boyd... LET THE BIG BLOKE BANG IT IN!!!

Listen. Very. Carefully. We. Don’t. Want. To. Hear. I. Feel. Good. Chelsea. Dagger. Or. Song. Two. Every. Time. Someone. Scores. A. Goal. Got. That?

9. The FA Cup

When was the last time a milkman lifted the FA Cup? When was the last time a postman scored at Wembley? There’s nothing romantic about a competition which ends every year with a bloke who earns

What's a BPL?

Is that similar to the English Premier League?

Maybe it's Bavarian? I have to agree with quite a few points in that article. Same thing is affecting all sports. Greed at the top levels is pushing out the fans at the bottom. Whether its rich owners taking the piss with ticket prices while not delivering success, games being switched at short notice for tv money, and Arsene Wenger's eyesight.

And yes, I have hated the squad number gimmick since it started. Go back to 1-11.

And LOL @ the Scouse Scum tonight.

I wish I could get either of them to cure my insomnia...

hmmm.....get married, work at a job you hate every day. go home to a bitching, nagging, weight gaining wife and a couple of bratty kids. get drunk to drown out your misery......guarantee you'll sleep like a baby, lol. matter of fact you really won't want to wake up.

Man U all the way.

Got my Wayne Rooney Jersey/Scarf on my wall right next to my Ellis, Stuckey and Joba Chamberlain jerseys. Man U has the FA Cup, Champions League, Premiership, and will take them all down.

Don't forget the all important Carling Cup.:D

United are really hitting stride this season now. Vidic is the best defender in the world right now. 11 clean sheets in a row - Unbelievable.

Any sports fan who doesn't enjoy a good European soccer game is missing out big time. Sometimes I feel like the people that hate on it, never even gave it a shot. The rest of the world loves it for a reason.

it just doesn't interest me. i've watched it and i'm just not interested. kinda like baketball and hockey.....just don't like to watch it.

it just doesn't interest me. i've watched it and i'm just not interested. kinda like basketball and hockey.....just don't like to watch it.

If it doesn't interest fine, but its the people that hate on it that I don't understand. I agree with Basketball, there's too much scoring and its just not exciting when they score.

If you sat down and watched soccer with a real fan, its awesome. My roommate last year was from Trinidad, and he would have all his Trini buddies over on match day, and it was awesome to watch with them.

Cool, the FA cup.

Hey, why not post the video of the time Liverpool won the Premiership?

Just because Liverpool hasn't won the league for a while doesn't take anything away from that goal. 90th minute, needing a goal to tie and force extra time, Gerrard stepped up and saved the day. I'd rather have Gerrard than Ronaldo any day.

Just because Liverpool hasn't won the league for a while doesn't take anything away from that goal. 90th minute, needing a goal to tie and force extra time, Gerrard stepped up and saved the day. I'd rather have Gerrard than Ronaldo any day.

Steven Gerrard is a very good midfielder, I personally think he's a bit overrated, especially by the English media but I can't deny he's very good.

Would I swap him for Ronaldo? Maybe but probably not. As hateful a player he can be, Ronaldo has unreal ability that is superior to Gerrard's. Gerrard is much more of an all round player but Ronaldo offers so much more when going forward.

That being said we probably should have sold him in the summer when his value was so high. He also needs tp stop taking free kicks.

Steven Gerrard is a very good midfielder, I personally think he's a bit overrated, especially by the English media but I can't deny he's very good.

Would I swap him for Ronaldo? Maybe but probably not. As hateful a player he can be, Ronaldo has unreal ability that is superior to Gerrard's. Gerrard is much more of an all round player but Ronaldo offers so much more when going forward.

That being said we probably should have sold him in the summer when his value was so high. He also needs tp stop taking free kicks.

I just feel like Gerrard is everything you look for in a captain and he wears his armband well. Did you see the game against Newcastle (may have been man city) when Torres first came back from injury? Gerrard has a clear break away and easily could have scored, but instead waits for Torres to make a run up the field and lets him tap in the goal. He's exactly what I want in a player.

He may not be the best, Ronaldo certainly has better footskills and last year those nasty free kicks, but I wouldn't trade Gerrard for anyone. So what if he beats up a few wankers in the pub.

Archived